Bones69 Journal

• Thread starter Bones69
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Bones69

Bones69

Hello everyone and thank you for having me on this very interesting forum.
I must say after taking the time out to look through this forum You guys and girls throw down some unbelievable grow's probably the best I have seen and know I probably can't hang with you guy's but here I go!
What I have going on in my room. My actual grow room Is not a bad size it is 10' x 5' using 2 HID light fixture. A 600 watt conv and a 400 watt conv. The reason why I do this is because my room is long and just 1 fixture will not cover the whole foot print of the room. Sucks that I have to run 2 lights but it has been getting the job done. I do have some daylight cfls that I use for seedlings and clones also for early veg. I use an 8" extraction fan with a phat carbon filter
I like using fox farms happy frog and ocean forest 50/50 mix. I am currently using smart pot for the first time and love how they are working so far but I added a little soil moist to keep the soil from drying out to fast. As for nutrients I have always used GH products. I start of with GH floranova, rapid start and floralicious then for flower I switch to the florabloom and use liquid koolbloom for flower week 3 through 5 then switch to dry koolbloom for the remainder of flower till I flush.
My current grow is
Skunkberry,kushberry,northernberry (regular) from peakseadbc
northern lights, bubbalicious, super skunk (feminized) from nirvana
jackberry x candy kush x herijuana (feminized)and bubba kush x killingfields x jackberry (regular) from a buddy who made these 2 awesome strains.
I did start my grow already so I have to jump in week 3 which is exactly today.
My methods are actually quite simple, I veg 18/6, I top at 4th to 5th nodes and do light defoliation twice. Once when I top and another before flower. This time I am gonna try main-lining a plant or 2 and see if this really beefs up your yield. I do have several issues that have been popping up and some questions I would like to ask you guy's not to mention the photos of my grow. I have to run to the gym now then food shopping with my women so If I can't save this as a draft and comes up in journals, I will finish up later around noon Thanks for reading!
Ok I am glad to see my pre post was not erased so Here we go with some pics. The last pic is my first bean that I made so had to see if it was viable and I guess it was! I did not have the option to comment on each pic but next post I will do 1 at a time so we know what strain we are talking about.
Bones69 journal
Bones69 journal 2
Bones69 journal 3
Bones69 journal 4
Bones69 journal 5
Bones69 journal 6
Bones69 journal 7
Bones69 journal 8
Bones69 journal 2
Bones69 journal
Bones69 journal 2
Bones69 journal 3
Bones69 journal

Bones69

Bones69

Just a small update on my grow. On my northern lights I decided to try main lining it only because a good friend is doing his so I am following his progress so I can learn how to do this. Also this week I defoliated all my plants and topped most.
I know a lot of people are against defoliation but I have had pretty good results. I will trim 1 more time right before flipping. I think that trying to do this main lining probably set me back a bit. I am looking for 8 cola's from this one so I have to top 2 more times. I topped most of my plants except my super skunk and kushberry only because they are shorties so decided to leave them be. Still having a humidity issue struggling to get it above 30%. Today tey are 28 days old and other then the humidity I like what I see although the kush berry is a short ass plant and really not so branchy. Damn shame I have so many other strains I could have put in its place but time will tell. First pic is my first attept at main lining.
2nd pic are my plants before I defolited them
3rd is after defoliation.
4th bad job at topping. Fuck I missed!!! oh well
5th norternberry 2 days after defoliation. Nice come back!
last pic is skunkberry also making a nice come back.
Hopefully I get to make another post next week. I am a working man travel 200 miles back and forth every day to support my family and sometimes it is hard to keep up with a journal and a grow but I will do my best.
IMG 0889
IMG 0882
IMG 0887
IMG 0884
IMG 0892
IMG 0891

Bones69

Bones69

IMG 0900 IMG 0901 IMG 0902 IMG 0899 lmao!!!! Talk about being an outsider 1 week later not 1 response hahaha ok well I guess I will just throw up some random pics from 1 week later progress and
IMG 0900
IMG 0901
IMG 0902
IMG 0899
through out various stages of my grow feel free to say it looks good, it looks like ass! what the hell are you doing? Your clueless. You suck lmfaoooooo!
peace
Damn this is funny shit!

Bones69

Bones69

I will. I am real interested in this main lining thing. I have never done it before so being the nl is a female I said what the hell. I want to go for 16 cola's I topped twice so far so I have to top 2 more times.
Thanks for the response.

north knect

north knect

Good stuff man..I'd say u hacked tho bitchs up pretty good lol but I've seen good results from defoliating..everybody's got their own ways of doing things..keep on keeping on pal :D NK

Bones69

Bones69

Hello farmer's Just a quick update on my diary. My plants are in their 12/12 and looking good. I have 7 regs I need to sort out but do have 4 females going. I have a mainline NL going and topped her last night for the 3rd time giving her 8 tops. I need to sort out the males and or wait till my plants are finished flowering just to get this big ass plant in my flower room. I figure I will be topping another 2 more times and a 2 week recoup time after final topping and before I flip.
Check it out
IMG 0930
IMG 0929
IMG 0928
IMG 0927
IMG 0926

Bones69

Bones69

Oh well I feel that diaries are a lot of work and being I know nobody on this site it really is hard to get a response but I am not quiter so what I will do is make 2 more posts 1 halfway through flower and 1 at the end of my grow just to complete the diary.
Thanks for all the help on other topics and issues regarding this grow.
Peace

north knect

north knect

Hey man things are looking great!! That NL is gunna be a monster fur sure..ya I'm pretty surprised more people haven't stayed in tune with your grow..but trust me your doing nothing wrong..most people just sit there and hit the new post button all day lmao..even guilty at times..so if there's no new posts here nobody sees it..lets change that lol start posting more..wouldn't mind seeing a close up of the NL's hub :D

Dunge

Dunge

Want more views?
Most readers are here to learn and contribute.
With your fondness for pruning, I'd love to see how you make it work.
Was only one plant was treated to mainlining?
Are you in a position to give us a pruning history on a few selected plants that can be followed through flower?
Reporting yields off such a side by side might gather more views and comments.

I am one of those fools who has openly come out against defoliation.
I admit my feelings are largely informed by the logic of the thing, so I'm ready to be schooled.
I do lots of pruning, but my goals are:
No larf from lower buds.
Optimized flower weight by limiting tops to between 6 and 10 (with nine plants in a 4x4 space).
Never trim when the loss will allow light to hit the floor unimpeded.
Remove lower buds as early as possible.

This is the story I tell.
Growing a plant is like starting a fire.
When it is small, it grows slowly due to low productive capacity.
As it gets bigger, the rate of growth will increase.
Rapid addition of new fuel (pruning) will quench growth.
In a fire, once the new fuel heats up it contributes to greater heat output.
In a plant, the pruned product is just gone, and can not help the plant.

You are in a position to help me refine the story.
Please do.

Bones69

Bones69

Hey man things are looking great!! That NL is gunna be a monster fur sure..ya I'm pretty surprised more people haven't stayed in tune with your grow..but trust me your doing nothing wrong..most people just sit there and hit the new post button all day lmao..even guilty at times..so if there's no new posts here nobody sees it..lets change that lol start posting more..wouldn't mind seeing a close up of the NL's hub :D
Ok sounds good but I'm out and about when I get back later I'll post a picture of the hub and pretty much break down what I'm doing. Thanks.

Bones69

Bones69

Want more views?
Most readers are here to learn and contribute.
With your fondness for pruning, I'd love to see how you make it work.
Was only one plant was treated to mainlining?
Are you in a position to give us a pruning history on a few selected plants that can be followed through flower?
Reporting yields off such a side by side might gather more views and comments.

I am one of those fools who has openly come out against defoliation.
I admit my feelings are largely informed by the logic of the thing, so I'm ready to be schooled.
I do lots of pruning, but my goals are:
No larf from lower buds.
Optimized flower weight by limiting tops to between 6 and 10 (with nine plants in a 4x4 space).
Never trim when the loss will allow light to hit the floor unimpeded.
Remove lower buds as early as possible.

This is the story I tell.
Growing a plant is like starting a fire.
When it is small, it grows slowly due to low productive capacity.
As it gets bigger, the rate of growth will increase.
Rapid addition of new fuel (pruning) will quench growth.
In a fire, once the new fuel heats up it contributes to greater heat output.
In a plant, the pruned product is just gone, and can not help the plant.

You are in a position to help me refine the story.
Please do.
I actually have been defoliating for about 2 years and only one strain I grew that did not like it was an aurora indica. Other then that all my plants seem to love it. I do have some pics of other grows that I will share but what I will do is find a post on defoliation and hopefully will be able to jump in. The main lining nl is my first attempt but so far I think it is coming along nicely.
When I get back later I'll see what I can pull up from past grows.

Bones69

Bones69

ok I was able to get some shots of the hub on my main lined lady. She had 4 tops as of yesterday but I topped again giving me 8. I just wanna give it another day to clean her up stripping her just leaving the new tops and the 2 large fan leaves under them. I was told by leaving these 2 fan leaves will help the new shoots come along nicely. This is my first time doing this so I have much to learn but I like what I see so far. What I do not know is after the final topping how long should I wait before flipping her? Some say you can do it right away but I am not to sure about that? I was considering letting her grow 3 to 4 set's of leaves or 3 to 4 nodes then flipping but like I said I don't know but when time comes I am sure one of you guy's will help me along.

IMG 0934
IMG 0935
IMG 0937
north knect

north knect

ok I was able to get some shots of the hub on my main lined lady. She had 4 tops as of yesterday but I topped again giving me 8. I just wanna give it another day to clean her up stripping her just leaving the new tops and the 2 large fan leaves under them. I was told by leaving these 2 fan leaves will help the new shoots come along nicely. This is my first time doing this so I have much to learn but I like what I see so far. What I do not know is after the final topping how long should I wait before flipping her? Some say you can do it right away but I am not to sure about that? I was considering letting her grow 3 to 4 set's of leaves or 3 to 4 nodes then flipping but like I said I don't know but when time comes I am sure one of you guy's will help me along.
The wait after toppin is all your preference..I let them grow 3nodes with the forth just popin out then flip..I've only used mainlining 3 times but that was perfect for me..did a NL#5 last year and got 117g off her with a 250hps and 2 200w cfls for sidelighting..overall height was bout 120cm

Latest posts

Top Bottom