bong smoke...Does the smoke go stale?

• Thread starter wpg_breeder
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
W

wpg_breeder

need some opinions! me and my brother are having a argument about the illadelph and other bongs for that matter.... does the smoke get staled between the bowl the special ashcatcher, the perc and the coil before it hits your mouth?

S

scoobydoo

I don't really think smoke can go stale per say, what I personally think happens is the design condenses and concentrates the smoke depending on how you hit it. When you don't clear the bong as well, the smoke cools it collects into larger particles and eventually sticks to the walls or falls into the water.

R

Rolln J

it doesnt get "stale" unless you dont clear it - just like any other bong - I have a 2 footer glass on glass dome perc with an ash catcher on a 18mm perc stem and if you leave smoke in there and dont notice you will pay the price!

S

strainman

Premium Member
Supporter
Dont tell me that bro, I just paid mad $$$ for a 13tree Toro with trsh catcher..lol
But I think scoobs is right as long as u clear the chamber in one hit I dont believe the smoke is gonna get "stale" unless u let it sit in there...

R

Rolln J

lol yeah exactly - not gonna get stale by the time it goes from the bowl to your mouth

Moe Danks

Moe Danks

The only way for the smoke to go "stale" is to let it be exposed to fresh air. While the smoke travels through the glass it doesn't get exposed to fresh air so it's all good. Just make sure you clear it all in one hit and you're solid.

BansheeRider

BansheeRider

yeah...i remember trying the vulcan vaporizer and thinking the smoke tasted pretty stale, i assumed it oxidized or something once it entered the bag...

i would think that there isn't much time for smoke to stale in a bong

UNITEDGROOVES

UNITEDGROOVES

well, a different way to put it is... IMO..The smoke dosn't taste as sweet with longer bongs. Since it has to travel some ways before it hits your mouth, it will lose some of its oils on its way to your mouth, especially if your shit is dirty. So the smoke isn't as flavorful or stale, thats why joints taste the best.:rauch08: I prefer bubblers over bongs any day.

cheaplastic

cheaplastic

well, a different way to put it is... IMO..The smoke dosn't taste as sweet with longer bongs. Since it has to travel some ways before it hits your mouth, it will lose some of its oils on its way to your mouth, especially if your shit is dirty. So the smoke isn't as flavorful or stale, thats why joints taste the best.:rauch08: I prefer bubblers over bongs any day.

I agree with some of what you said.. but nothing can beat a nice and clean bong with a fresh bowl of dank packed.. talk about entering flavor country :sun2:

Joints are nice too.. but sometimes i really wanna taste the bud without the paper..

I have a serious ocd when it comes to clean bongs.. its gotta be crystal clear/squeaky clean everyday lol

Moe Danks

Moe Danks

lol i clean my bong so much people was ask me when I got my new bong....and it's not too new any more.
gotta keep that shine on.

S

Sonny Tzu

what does stale smoke even mean? as long as it still contains thc it's all good.

onisdad

onisdad

the oils have a tendency to stick to themselves so the less in your bong or in other words the cleaner your bong, the less you get in your lungs. If the piece is clean, the loss of flavor is minimal and the gaining of "dirty bong" flavor is also minimal. The longer the hit is in contact with the water or dirty glass, the more nasty flavor is going to be absorbed.
I use an all natural dog grooming wipe with tea tree oil to clean all my paraphernalia. It removes those resins like magic, from my hands also.

R

Rolln J

what does stale smoke even mean? as long as it still contains thc it's all good.

if you take a bonghit but dont clear the bong - just let the smoke sit in there for about 30 seconds - then clear that chamber - you'll know what stale smoke is - lol

LordDankinstien

LordDankinstien

the dreaded stale bong hit.... dun dun dun... I always tell people to clear there hit all the way cause I hate having to clear a stale smoke bong. Really when you dont clear someone elses bong all the way its like leave a turd in your hommies toilet and not flushing. Its just not cool man :D

R

Rolln J

you must spread some reputation around before giving it to LordDankenstien again.

thats some funny shit bro

bud good

bud good

with my exp w/ bong its all about the size of the hole in your bowl if you toke up and the smoke turns yellow( to much condesation) buy a bowl with a bigger hole or sell the piece to a person that dont care and percs dont let me get started on percs i got friend with a big ass mofo with 3 or 4 percs you gotta suck a golf ball threw a garden hose to be able to smoke that thing way to much resistance you need to find a even flowing bowl(the hole in the bowl) for your piece personally i like straight tubes better no bigger than 18" on yeah and kick back on the water try putting the absolute min amount of water

bud good

bud good

you gotta give bong a bj before you pass it to me if you dont clear it ... i hate when ppl pull off more than they can inhale

Latest posts

Top Bottom