Bongs: beaker vs straight tube??

• Thread starter JH420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
JH420

JH420

I'm pretty much set on a US Tube...now I have been thinking endlessly which one to get...percs are tempting but I am hesitant to go that route as I have never hit one before. I figure if I go non perced I can always add an inline ac if want to make it smoother, and I'd get a similar result to having a perc in the pipe? Correct me if i'm wrong on that last point.

K

kill-9

My new beaker. The ice holders are different, it's kind of a curve instead of just glass poking inward. Diffuser as well. $150. Not bad.:smiley_joint:

http://invalid.com/image/maaofaacn.jpg

T

thc4sim

Yea percs and tree arm percs are great but a pain in the ass to clean,
the more time you spend cleaning something the more chance you got of breaking it!..
as you say an inline ashcatcher would do the job if you want extra diffusion,
i like the hops inlines, i also like the one's SYN fatmike has...,
but he bumped me...
i spoke to fatmike about getting one from him via PM, then nothing dont know why im getting blanked?? ahh well plenty more inlines in the market.

Kill-9!, nice pickup for the price!!

L

lonewolf99

looks like the bitfreakglass site has gone down, hope they come back, I'm after one of those 9mm US Tubes.

G

glass-toker

yea i agree with papa i love a nice 18-19 str8 with 1 tree perc... preferably the illadelph "palm tree" style with the bent back arms so you can either get your gansta lean on while your rippin it(tilt it lol) or you can lay down and rip it without having to even move your head (you can still be a lazy f*** and not miss a min of TV) I cannot tell ya how much I recomend a Perc on your tube.. They've prob saved me like 5 years of my life.. Just recently I was turned on to Volcanos, and they are the shit too, but we'll save that for another thread. If you cannot get an illadelph, i suppose i could hook you up with Kind Creations contact info... I know you said you dont want it shipped, but hes been doing it for years and only a couple reports of broken tubes, which he replaces ASAP. You should try and search for some of his stuff, its so sick,, he does alot of Clear tubes with colored Percs, and they look so clean bro. He works with Green,Blue,Red,Yellow,and i think black now.. His prices are SO CHEAP and way under market prices. If you call him hell tell you what he has stocked(ready to get sent out that day) or he can make you a little 20inch custom with W/E you want on it/in it. Would recomend just one of his basic Tree percs with a splash guard and ice notches. Cant see it costing over 250 complete with shipping. When i first started using my waterpipes, I noticed i was smoking about 1/2 the amount, so you will make your money back in no time (imo) I'll spend 800 on a piece without blinking an eye if its a new type of perc, and or a new advancment in the world of waterpipes.. IE Illadelphs Glycerine Coil has a glycerine(shit in soft icepacks) enclosed in a glass chamber that had a spiral tubing running through it, that DETACHES from the waterpipe utilizing a HUGE i think its like 50mm glass joint.. So basically the neck of the waterpipe pops off, it goes in the freezer for anywhere from 30 min to 24 hrs, and acts as an cooling, condensing system(instead of ice notches) They are by far the best, and most medicinal waterpipes on the market. You literally can clear a .5 and not feel it with the glycerine coils.. I would assume thats out of your price range, but they do have SICK double chambers for no more than 300 (palm tree+splashguard) PLUS they just updated their INSANE ashcatchers and added this new Halo Perc. If your into Concentrates like oil and such, for 50 bucks you can scoop the kit with Vapor Sticks, and a special concentrate bowl with 2 holes on the sides of the bowl and none on the bottom like a standard bowl. Their shit is sick, and if you cannot get one local, have your local shop get in touch with them.. Just make sure they hook you up for giving them the best glass around. lol if your NOT into that PM me and ill hook ya up with Kind Creations contact info... you should really think about one of those Snobs, they are some really rare pieces, on the pricey side yes, but they look JUST like my illadelph percs... hope any of this babble helps!
peace
keen

Hey man, I just read your awesome thread on glass pieces. You were talking about straight tubes, percs, and things along those lines. Right now I am looking into buying a water pipe but cannot find ANY at local head shops or even at online sites. I still haven't decided on what I want for sure...but I was thinking an illadelph straight with one perc. I didn't know what kind of perc to look for...seeing how illadelph has a bunch of new stuff out but I was hoping you might be able to help me. I saw you also mentioned a place that makes really nice glass on that thread...it was something creations, don't remember the first part haha. This is like my first real big glass purchase so I don't wanna screw it up lol. Hope you can help me out...I'd appreciate it a lot.

A

Alien

Supporter
I would also definitely recommend a straight tube with a perc or two. Smoothest and cleanest hits I have ever had. Add an ashcatcher for an extra level of filtration...also helps to keep your piece cleaner all around.

One of my personal favorites:

phx_-_sheldon_black_combo.jpg

Good luck in your search!

Cheers,
Alien

Megas

Megas

I would also definitely recommend a straight tube with a perc or two. Smoothest and cleanest hits I have ever had. Add an ashcatcher for an extra level of filtration...also helps to keep your piece cleaner all around.

One of my personal favorites:

phx_-_sheldon_black_combo.jpg

Good luck in your search!

Cheers,
Alien

Who makes that bong, I'm in love.

big twinn

big twinn

Ive got a few beakers and a few straight pipes of various sizes, from super mini to HUGE. My personal opinion, beakers when tilted to the side while hitting produce a much denser more condensed hit. Its the KNOCK YOU THE FUCK OUT type of hit. Straights provide a faster "smoother" more airy hit, easier to clear. I like them both, as they both are different in their purpose.

M

mal

Premium Member
Supporter
Awesome

Great bongs and ideas, beauty Alien. One thing I noticed is you all talk about ash catchers so I went and got one, now I'm back to my old ash catcher a screen. A US Tube 9 mm would last a lifetime

mal

A

Alien

Supporter
Who makes that bong, I'm in love.

That is a PHX Trinity with a Sheldon Black ash catcher.

I recently received a piece from Mobius Glassworks (the STRATOS) that kicks the shit out of anything I have ever smoked through.

Best hit ever. Zero drag. Huge pull. I promise.

These photos were taken with the same Sheldon Black ash catcher. It works best with this piece because of the larger chamber and perc (greater pull).

mobius_01.jpg

mobius_02.jpg

mobius_03.jpg

mobius_04.jpg

mobius_05.jpg

mobius_06.jpg

mobius_07.jpg

Good times.

Cheers all,
Alien

F

FairyDust

When deciding between beaker based and straight tube bongs it's ultimately about the amount of water you can fit in. Beaker based bongs can fit more water which makes for a cooler (temperature-wise) smoke. Ultimately, it's down to aesthetics though. If you're thinking RooR, then just have a look at the RooR Little Sista and the RooR Icemaster. The Icemaster is more expensive and straight tube and the Little Sista is a beaker. Although science would suggest that the Little Sista is a cooler smoke, I prefer the Icemaster down to it's tall, grand look. Plus, the ice notches on both of them already cool the smoke.

Hope that helps buddy :)

killer vanilla

killer vanilla

I always choose my bongs by how much water i can fit in, my main bong prioty is water as i feel the smoke will be smoother if it has to pass through more water. also there will be more room for smoke if you have a chamber, some people prefer straight tube bongs but i have never bought one i just love to hear the water bubbles for aslong as i can lol,

pacificdunes74

pacificdunes74

For flowers it's a Beaker hands down. Combo rig the best rig is a straight tube and to be specific it's a tie between two rigs. Sovereignty Stem 8 or the Möbius Stereo matrix. There is no other choice. Oil only rig it's the Mothership glass ball rig.

Top Bottom