Bonsai SCROG Training and Micro Managing

• Thread starter Miiikke
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
Anthem

Anthem

Mars hydro get a lot of hate but my buddy just had to have them. He grows some fire with them. They are decent lights.
I have tried the Mars Lights, 2 TS1000's. Both drivers went out within 6 months about 1 month apart. I choose those because previously I had a reflector series that I only used for veg but the light went like 18 months with no issues. I have the lights away a few months ago and it took 3 months after paying for a new driver for Mars to send out the new driver and since giving the lights away half of the reflector light has burned out.

Miiikke

Miiikke

First screen is done! Heading up to the next! Will spread and weave again there before flower!🙌🏼
B62177A0 FF21 4286 8BBD C285A9D38DC7

B03736B6 C747 4770 91D1 2D0386C92762

Porky1982

Porky1982

Looks like these plants are over feed from tip burn in second photo, and maybe a little to aggressive on the trimming in the beginning, which is why your plant is dwarfed from continuous over stressing. You do know that just because you increase the bud sites does not mean you increase your yield. It also involves the amount of light for each of those bud sites. and it is shared by your light source. in other words, more light increases more yield. From what I see in this post, I think you you will be forever in veg, and by the time you get these to flower and finish, I think you will be more disappointed than you think. 🙄
Yep. I can’t understand why anyone would expect treating a plant this way would be good for it and get it to produce a large yield. The poor thing is hammered.

gorillaglueaaron

gorillaglueaaron

🦍
Supporter
How many would you say I can get max, with that and the mars 30000, so I can quote you later?
I'm not sure what you mean by "that", but I think you could get 1.5lb max in that space but that is extremely unlikely. A more realistic goal 1 lb. Again, not an estimate of your yield but a goal.

Porky1982

Porky1982

Yet its still growing... maybe tbats why they call it Weed..🤔
Oh it’s a very hardy plant. I’m interested to see how it ends up for ya.
I’ll probably have finished my grow from seed before ya done. 😂
It’s going to be a fun job getting ya buds unscathed from all the netting.

Miiikke

Miiikke

Thats the whole point of this grow, big yeild, little space, now that I know Im gonna have a flat 2’x2’ true 450 led, 2lbs in a 2.5’x2.5’ screen could be done realistically is my theory, I want to see how close I can get. From what Ive learned already Id be dissapointed to see a lb on it now..

Miiikke

Miiikke

Oh it’s a very hardy plant. I’m interested to see how it ends up for ya.
I’ll probably have finished my grow from seed before ya done. 😂
It’s going to be a fun job getting ya buds unscathed from all the netting.
Ok you definitely dont understand what Im doing lol. There will be zero buds in netting in either of the two screens. I will be 7 months seed to dry. I knew that before I started

Miiikke

Miiikke

Im not saying I can definitely do it this time, but it can be done, and Ill get it figured out, but Im gonna try to get it on the first shot😎

Porky1982

Porky1982

Thats the whole point of this grow, big yeild, little space, now that I know Im gonna have a flat 2’x2’ true 450 led, 2lbs in a 2.5’x2.5’ screen could be done realistically is my theory, I want to see how close I can get. From what Ive learned already Id be dissapointed to see a lb on it now..
7 months for a lb. You could of grown well over that with 2 grows over the same time period.
Sorry mate but no way will that plant produce 2lb.

gorillaglueaaron

gorillaglueaaron

🦍
Supporter
I only grow using a 2x2 tent so I know the ins and outs of its ability. 1lb is a far too high goal especially for a new grower. I am estimating 4-6oz out of mine this grow with probably more tops than you. And 450w will burn the plants, I know it's hard for you to accept but you just can't pump them that hard. With that plant, you should expect less than 4oz, probably closer to 2-3. I know you won't believe me until you harvest but it's the truth. Sorry bud. If you're legitimately going for yield, I would chop this plant and start over. Some people might disagree but it's going to take you another month minimum to get it to be ready for flowering and then another 2 months for the flower itself. If you start over with a few plants, you could have them ready in 4 months. It's an extra month but you'll get much better results. Please listen to the people trying to help you.

gorillaglueaaron

gorillaglueaaron

🦍
Supporter
7 months for a lb. You could of grown well over that with 2 grows over the same time period.
Sorry mate but no way will that plant produce 2lb.
I disagree. A large 2x2 grow could yield up to 1/2lb I think but it would take at least 4 months.

gorillaglueaaron

gorillaglueaaron

🦍
Supporter
Im not saying I can definitely do it this time, but it can be done, and Ill get it figured out, but Im gonna try to get it on the first shot😎
Dreaming big is good but trying to grow 4oz per square ft isn't even slightly realistic. Look all around the farm at the most skilled growers here. You won't find a single grower get more than 2.5oz/sq ft.

Edit: Sorry, I realized that you are trying to grow 8oz/sq ft. Good luck!

Last edited:
gorillaglueaaron

gorillaglueaaron

🦍
Supporter
That’s what I meant. Half a lb a grow over 2 grows.
I also agree the plant he has going now will struggle to go over 5oz.
Especially since in a 2x2, there isn't much room for heaters, humidifiers, CO2... that will help get a large harvest.

Anthem

Anthem

I admit your goals but lets get things back to earth. If you get anything over about 6 zips you should be happy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom