Boosting bubs before harvest.

• Thread starter ukcheesefiend
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
U

ukcheesefiend

Boosting buds before harvest.

I have got two uk cheese plants that will be ready to harvest next monday, I wanted to see if there was anything I could do over the next week to boost the size of the buds, at the moment I am looking at half oz per plant but would like more.

Today I have manicured both plants to get more light to the smaller bud areas but want to know if there is anymore that I can do to help my girls.

Any help would be appreciated.

D

Donk Frog

have u been adding a dark suger, or molassas ? Since I started using dark suger the last six weeks of flowering, I have notice girth has increased. The last two weeks I give plain Ph balanced water with suger then the last three days just plain water

B

British_Hempire

No, nothing, you should be flushing for the last 2-3 weeks. Removing leaves is a bad idea and can reduce yield, this is because they are an essential resource the plants need, they are where the sugars are produced through photosynthesis.

U

ukcheesefiend

It still has some leaves, about 30% have come off each plant and they were ones that were shadowing over smaller buds. I have got some malassas from a previous grow, will it make much difference in a week? I have got terra flores and bio bloom, shall I not give it anymore, they were due for feeding tomorrow and I was going to flush friday/saturday.

jah_hoover

jah_hoover

Just flush em UK, like Bh said not much you can do now exept flush them if your cropping soon. I flushed my girls for 10days and harvested them a bit early due to the mildew shit, my cheese n phsychosis buds are reaking bro

U

ukcheesefiend

ok, just watered with a tablespoon of molassas mixed in, i will see what happens over the next week, hope they pick up a bit.

S

satty

i swear on the molasses my friend.
It works well ,
i have been using molasses for years,its GR8!

F

FastForward

I'm with BH on this - especially on the removing fan leaves. I have two G13 Hazes running, one I trimmed fans around the top cola...the other I left. The one I left has a fat chunky cola, the one I trimmed has holes and isn't anywhere near chunk. That's enough for me to know that it's not always a good idea, or is a strain-specific decision.

I've also learned that the only things that happen quickly in canna farming terms are bad things!! Everything else is a slow process, measured in weeks. The only thing I can think of is AN's Overdrive, but even then I think it's too late to do anything. All the growth spurt has already ended, so it'll just be a waste...and maybe even screw up the taste of the smoke.

Maybe try a force finisher, like GH Ripen? Will help flush and stress, possibly causing additional resin production...

Greyskull

Greyskull

IMO there is nothing you can do this time to increase your yeild dramatically.
Next time I would advise you to add some PK/13-14 week 3 & week 6, as well as add some form of sugar/carbs... if you are not recirculating nutes maybe the mollasses will add some bulk.

If you are recirculating I strongly suggest Botnaicare's Sweet.

good luck on your next grows.

Z

Zoolander

Premium Member
Supporter
At PK13/14 next time at the start of flower at around 2ML per gallon and a booster and this will help set things off faster also

U

ukcheesefiend

Thanks for the advice, I will take it on board with my next set of clones. These have been revegged for longer and look much better for it. I have been quite light on the nutes so far and am now using canna pro plus soil instead of john innes 3 and I havnt had any problems so far, so im looking forwards to my next set of results.

L

LionVibez

I go with a Tablespoon per gallon...ever other watering in a soil grow.

F

Friendo

Subcool said use sucanet and citric acid to make a "catslyst"

Does anyone understand or made this "catalyst". Sucanet is a very raw sugar and you can buy citric acid at the grocery store. The question is what quantity of each. The bud increase can be dramatic, by 20%.
Thanks; FRIENDO

C

cheef

i was wondering can i ask how good does overdrive work i was told to use it last 2 weeks while im flushing is that true.

aslo i was wondering can i use one of those early weeks of flowering nutrients and use yhe overdrive towards the end of flowering

O

OldSchool

I used it in the last 3 weeks, it re-amps your buds into the last push to increase size and potency,aroma, taste,like shooting powder.they worked find for me, so did just molasess some plants respond better then others when it came to additives,have to find the right combo. Just remember when adding booster at a late stage of flowering you should flush extra well.

Peace

UrbanGardener

UrbanGardener

If you want to feed right up to harvest, I'd suggest Molasses as well. I have used it right up till harvest and seems to be fine. Maybe adding a slight sweetness to the finish product but that is debatable.

B

BLACKSTRAP

I start useing it heavy after 3 weeks of veg on bag seed. If you go heavy on strains you are trying to get a certan taste from in can alter it a little. I foiler feed with it and have never had a pest problem.
Keep it sticky out there!

Top Bottom