Borax, The Magic In Ca-25?

• Thread starter bibbles
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
BillFarthing

BillFarthing

Supporter
Add 750 ml RO water to a 1L jug. Add 150g calcium chloride, 1 gram boric acid (borax). Close the bottle and shake. Top up to 1L with RO water.

Use at 5ml/4L (~1 gallon) foliar as a replacement for Ca-25.

I can't help you with the plant wax. It could be some kind of emulsifier like xanthan/guar gum.

infam0usgro

infam0usgro

Add 750 ml RO water to a 1L jug. Add 150g calcium chloride, 1 gram boric acid (borax). Close the bottle and shake. Top up to 1L with RO water.

I can't help you with the plant wax. It could be some kind of emulsifier like xanthan/guar gum.

Have you tried this yourself? Been looking for a replacement to the ca25. Really shocked me when they went out of business.

BillFarthing

BillFarthing

Supporter
Have you tried this yourself? Been looking for a replacement to the ca25. Really shocked me when they went out of business.

I use amino chelated calcium as a foliar. I read the study on foliar calcium and boron and put this recipe together in Hydrobuddy. It's very mild, you're not going to hurt anything as long as you spray in the dark.

bibbles

bibbles

Calcium-25 was recommended at 4oz/400gal, or ~4.5g/gal, which is a much higher dose. Tria is typically used at <1ppm, after dissolving in polysorbate 20, but you can always skip the science and substitute CannaBoost or something similar. So, one liter of RO, one gram of calcium chloride, plus your tria, and a surfactant is a good, ready to spray approximation. I don't really imagine that 10mg of borax is going to be sufficient as a surfactant, but that's inline with Bill's recipe, and probably the answer to the question which started this thread.

No, I have not tried the above. I'm currently foliar feeding Fasilitor, which covers boron, as well as adding silica; Massboost, which covers calcium, as well as adding magnesium and aminos; and Cannaboost, which covers tria, as well as adding 6BAP, a bunch of micros, including boron, and some anti-fungal properties which contribute to IPM.

I still have a few ounces of Calcium 25, but I like this better; who knows though, perhaps I'll get it analyzed or something.

plumsmooth

plumsmooth

The answer is Grow-Cal here is your replacement for Calcium-25

littlesoldier

littlesoldier

i hate spraying plants, can i just drench the roots with a calcium-borax mix?

Latest posts

Top Bottom