Border cannabis cafes to close in holland

• Thread starter mr. haze420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
M

mr. haze420

All the coffee shops in the border towns of Roosendaal and Bergen op Zoom must close by September 16 2009, the towns' respective mayors confirmed on Thursday.

The mayors said last year that by closing the coffee shops, a euphemism for cafes selling marijuhana, they hoped to bring to an end the nuisance caused by the 25,000 drug tourists a week.

Lawyer Harrie Nieland who represents the coffee shops told the paper there was little he could do until they are actually closed down. 'But if you want to change drug policy, you first need to discuss it nationally and also check EU law if you want to discourage European tourists,' he told the Telegraaf.

is this the beginning of the end for the dutch cannabis scene, if the people of these other countries want cannabis they will just go to the next town down the road. what will that town do? :mad0233:

S

S1CK0hh

Yea, what town wants 25,000 tourists a week? They act like people coming to to their town and spending money is a bad thing. Spain should take over the cannabis scene, I'm sure the people their would appreciate the extra income and the weather is better.

T

thc4sim

Very bad news, but its been coming...,
as you say it will have a knock on affect and fuck it up fer all the small town shops

:sick0004:

B

British_Hempire

It's been slowly coming since 98, the French and German governments have long been pressuring the Dutch as they know full well how many of their citizens drive up to Holland to buy weed.

If somewhere else in Europe were to legalise (Czech Republic nearly did last year) then Holland is finished as a weed hotspot.

Spain looks to be the new Mecca for cannabis afficionados, will take a few years before the Spanish know how to grow top notch weed though, remember the Dutch grew shit until Old Ed came along and taught Wernard and others who went on to teach everyone else.

PS If anyone in Spain has an opening for a grow tutor I'm available for hire! rofl

T

todgerdelburro

is this the beginning of the end for the dutch cannabis scene, if the people of these other countries want cannabis they will just go to the next town down the road. what will that town do?

Eventually it will get to a town with a Liberal Mayor, or even one trying to help the local eonomy no doubt after zyx business closes down.

The money side has to come in to play here, the global economy is FOOBAR and our rulers may yet come to realise they cannot afford this crass prohibition.

B

British_Hempire

Prohibition of weed means the big pharmaceutical and petrochemical companies make a killing, that's why it's illegal in the first place.

I really doubt I'll see legalisation in my lifetime, sad to say, that is, unless some big corporation figures out a way to make a killing out of weed.

I bet Phillip Morris have their strategy for growing and selling weed all figured out, ready to dust off if it is ever legalised, you'd probably see shelves full of Marlboro Red, Marlboro Lights. Marlboro menthol and their new product - Marlboro Highs.

A

adam

i will give ya a country i think should do it up PORTUGAL. they are slowly decrminizing it and are becoming more lax about pot all around. just as long your not to open.PORTUGAL is very rich in farmers that could easily adapt to grow pot.the weather is beautiful,women, the views.its boardered by ocean so you can always sail out far enuff to leagally hold a smoke out lol

B

British_Hempire

I heard that Portugal had decrimmed possession a couple of years ago, but perhaps what I heard was wrong. The quality of farm land in Portugal is very high, similar to Ebro valley in Basque country and Portugal is an agricultural economy so I expect, as you say, that they would quickly take to ganja growing.

I have heard that on some of the Greek Islands there is a thriving weed growing scene due to lack of enforcement. Greece has a long history of growing excellent weed and making great hash - interesting fact, until 1928 most of the hashish production that supplied Europe was in Greece, it was only after the law change in 1928 that hash production moved from Greece to Lebanon. Turkey has an uninterrupted hash tradition but heroin and police have reduced it's scope vastly.

People forget that cannabis has only been illegal in Europe for 80 years, I doubt it would take long for it to thrive again after a law change.

L

LandraceQuest

Hey Guys :cool0041:

I just wanna let my opinion on that subject 'cuz i'm living at +/- 100 Km of the dutch border and i know pretty well these city's in the south of Holland...

The problem of the legalization in the Holland , it's the hypocrisy of all the system , Coffee shops can sell 5g of weed per person and can have 500 g in their stock , but the production of Cannabis Sativa is strictly forbidden (the dutch governement begin to think about a 100% Commercial plantation sponsored by the governement only 1 year ago:fighting0087:) , So all the weed produce in Holland is owned by Mafia & Criminals...so its evident that city's like Maastricht and Bergem op zoom are pissed off about this "Mafia Narco-Tourism" and you have to add at this situation , the "drugs runners" who wants to sell you hard drugs or show you good plan (lol) to have weed , Worst the french-german-Belgian Tourist who comes here just to pick their doses with no respect for the residents , screaming in the streets, sometimes fully drunk...if you have 25 000 persons like that everyday in your street would you like it :icon_cookie:?!?

I prefer to shut up about all the product that this Mafia is ready to add in the weed to make it heavier...even in the Coffee shops , They are just thiefs , Auto-production Powaaa !!!

I don't know if it's the end of the Dutch Cannadream but it's sure that in the future years to come that does'nt get better , If you want to pick up some good weed come in the north of the country like Tilburg , Eindhoven , Breda , ect... , It's really better and the people are more hospitable :fubar

+ 1 For the legalisation in Spain , i think that's sure that country is gonna legalized at least the cultivation of the plant in a Near future...Respect to all the spanish breeders who make a real work of breeding and not only feminized seeds and steal dutch Hybrids like others (dinafem,eva,ect...) ::banana: Respect to Ace seeds & Cannabiogen :banana:

Peace

-LQ-

F

FastForward

I bet Phillip Morris have their strategy for growing and selling weed all figured out, ready to dust off if it is ever legalised, you'd probably see shelves full of Marlboro Red, Marlboro Lights. Marlboro menthol and their new product - Marlboro Highs.

That's exactly the way I'd like it done - means additional taxation money for governments, the infrastructure is already in place and can replace the billions of lost revenue from tobacco sales.

I'm blown away that neighbouring countries to .nl are against their citizens driving there to score. Apart from the tourist money, they actually increase the black market activity in their countries. Also, it's not that much of a deal to drive to Dam either....so it doesn't really solve any problems and probably creates them.

N

northern monsta

dam i havent been to the dam and every1 is packing up and moveing on before i get the chance, going to have to go soon and in uk they have moved cannabis to class B its wrong as hell they should ban alcohol or tax the hell out of it!! how many times have we all seen a fight after kicking out time at a night club or outside a taxi rank at 2 or 3am??? i garentee 1 thing! if all those drinkers had of been smoking there would be no fighting or trips to A and E Every1 should cut down on the alcohol and smoke instead, the world would become a much nicer place,now excuse me im going to get pissed lol

R

redog

Tourists

25,000 drunk and disorderly rolling through my town would piss me off too.
I traveled to Holland once and loved it.The Brown shops were great in Amsterdam but I thought there were very,very few if any brown coffee shops outside of the major cities.I heard a few years ago that Holland was going to shut those down too.What a shame.

Latest posts

Top Bottom