Boss's light test. LEDvsHIDvs Maybe Bad boy.

• Thread starter BOSSMAN88188
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None

What do you think of Ledgirl and her product.

• I should be banned for an honest hands on test and opinion.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I should not be Banned.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
BOSSMAN88188

BOSSMAN88188

For some reason I think the Bad boy is going to outproduce the others. I think it will be really close with the HID and badboy. I think the LEDS will veg awesome and putter out in flower.

Anyone else got some predictions they wanna set down? It could be fun to see how many of us eat our words, lol :)

I would have thought the hid would be brightere. But from the naked eye the LED and the Bad boy are brighter. I will get the light meter on them asap.

those are uber sexy....i've been eyeballing that badboy (pun intended :boogie: ) for a while.... just havent pulled the trigger.

been content with my sunleaves t5s

This thing is huge.3x4 foot. the reflecter is bright even without the bulbs.

The Quantum Triphosphor Lamps are the big improvement.
:icon_spin:

They are some pretty intese light. But they do produce more heat then most flouros. Much more then the LED.

Very interesting. I still think the HPS will prevail but it will be interesting to see how this one unfolds.

Thanks homegrown,
I am stoked to be able to test these.

How many watts is that BadBoy and how is it going to fit in a 2x2 space?

Looking forward to your test and watching you train the plants. My guess is there is going to be some different growth structure based on the lights and you might end up training each differently.

I am super curious about how close the nodes form under the led vs the t5s.

What size pots are you going to flower in?

Thanks for the effort. Looking forward to the show.

I am not sure of the watts. Since the LED is supposed to match up against a 400 watt witch is 50 to 55 thousand lumens. I matched the Bad boy to that in veg it has just over 50,000 lumens. And flower will be a little closer to 55,000 lumens.

It took some trickery fitting that thing in the small space.
It is hanging into the rest of my veg room. But I will only grow the 2 test girls in the 2x2 space. Bigger of course for flower.

I train all girls on there individuality any way's.
But will still get them all wide and 2 to 2.5 feet in the end.
I am planning to flower them in 2 gallon pots.

damn boss man you da man on these shoot outs i love um. be wacthing good luck.

Thanks bro,
I am hoping this one helps out a lot of small scale grower's and newbies alike. I am already considering the posibility of sithing my 10x8 flower room for a larger scale test. That one will be way in the future. If ever.LMAO

yeah im tagged.. this grow looks like its very well organized and doc so far.. good work bossman!!!

Thanks bro the more the marrier.
Mucho stoked myself.

I knew BOSSMAN would do this right, Thanks for doing this bro

Thank bro,
Happy you found your way in here.

:joint:

HG23

HG23

Sweet!

I'm glad you got that bad boy, I've been interested in how those triphosphor bulbs will perform. You've taken it to the next level in comparing all three light sources. Thanks man, Ill be watching.

B

bridgerMTkush

I am running three 90w UFO's with one 1000w HID combined and seeing great results in week three of veg...Good to see someone doing a side by side test...will be watching!>>!

Shady

Shady

Chillin' in the Shade...
Supporter
Very nice setup Bossman... :cool Lookin' forward to the show!

BOSSMAN88188

BOSSMAN88188

Hey Bossman, will you be vegging out a set of plants under each light and flowering them with the same light they vegged with? Will you take any extra clones to avoid variations between "runts" that often appear? Some growers have done say 3 clones if they were flowering two, that way the smallest from each group would be removed prior to flower. It seems to eliminate one of the last remaining variables in growing. Anyhow, glad to see 4 lights are in a competition now, although that flouro seems to have a fairly large footprint! Is that (8) T5 bulbs?

I do have 2 extra of each strain. I already tossed the slower rooting clones and only kept the ones with nice root's. I will put an additional 2 clones under the LED and the HID. To be extra certain. Thank you. I dont have enough clones for the big boy to have extras.It was a last minute add in.
It is a 12 bulb T5 and yes it has a very large foot print.
I built the space so that only 2x2 off it will be on the testers.

L

lil miss lone

I've got this one tagged as well, Very interested to see this grow, You always do it Right Bossman! Thanks...

:banana1sv6:

nuttso

nuttso

i think the quality of your buds will be better under led and quantum. Better spectrum than the hps.

BOSSMAN88188

BOSSMAN88188

Light test done with hydrofarm foot candle meter.

1000 watt HPS magnetic ballasb.
2 ft away 4200 fc
3 ft away 2700 fc

1000 watt HPS digital Global Green house
2 ft away 6630 fc
3 ft away 5000 fc

1000 watt HPS digital Future Bright
2 ft away 5500 fc
3 ft away 3200 fc

600 watt HPS digital Quantum
2 ft away 3000 fc
3 ft away 2200 fc

400 watt HPS Future Bright
2 ft away 1700 fc

Bad Boy T5 Floro 12 bulb
2 ft away 3300 fc

LED 205 watt from LED Girl
2 ft away 1600

Did not do three feet distance, lights are hung too low.:fighting0040::fighting0040:

W

waywardson

That is what I was thinking about the BadBoy...over 600 watts. That will be an interesting test at least in veg. What I fail to understand though is that if you only have a plant or two under it is the full 600 getting used or just a small portion of it.

At any rate looking forward to seeing the pics and watching the test. I am absolutely convinced the led will outveg the 400 hid though...but we will see.

L

Lost

i think the quality of your buds will be better under led and quantum. Better spectrum than the hps.

My theory on it is that Spectrum does not matter that much. Its all about intensity and I think the bad boy will tear ass here.. The light readings confirmed my suspicions :)

T

theloadeddragon

but there is so much more going on than the pulse of light....

L

Lost

Then the LED's should outyield the other two, correct? Its got perfect spectrum so if it is a spectrum thing, it should outproduce reguardless of the intensity of the light.

Should be interesting. I'll happily put my foot in my mouth if i'm wrong. Always happy to learn :)

T

theloadeddragon

I was actually hinting more at everything Else, besides light, that are determining factors.

L

Lost

Against a 400 HPS (the least efficient HPS) it does great! Much better and brighter than I would have guessed.

I really think there needs to be a real 1000 watt equalivent. Say 600 led watts to make it a fair comparison. Then again it would cost 2k for that light and the economics is just not there. Not when I can get a hps ballast for 150 bucks and a bulb for 49..

If these ever hit mainstream, I think someone that was willing to run the risk of producing large quantities at say on a 30% profit margin it might be worth it, but I think sulfer Plasma will take over by the time that could happen.

Shady

Shady

Chillin' in the Shade...
Supporter
Awesome test Bossman! I'm glad I voted for you... :giggle I may have to get me a Bad Boy soon...

Papa

Papa

Supporter
Did not do three feet distance, lights are hung too low.

Inverse square law can give you those numbers, no prob.

Its got perfect spectrum so if it is a spectrum thing, it should outproduce reguardless of the intensity of the light.

"Perfect spectrum"????????
ru being sarcastic? or am I missing something, Lost?

Papa

L

Lost

Maybe a little sarcastic, heheh.. One of the selling points of a led is that its the exact spectrum that a plant needs to be happy. I personally think that intensity trumps spectrum every single time.

Papa

Papa

Supporter
Maybe a little sarcastic, heheh.. One of the selling points of a led is that its the exact spectrum that a plant needs to be happy. I personally think that intensity trumps spectrum every single time.

thanks for clearing the up Lost. i thought perhaps i had missed something.

did you catch my fluorescent spectrum primer?

yes, i read the LED spectrum claims . . . but wouldn't it just great to send these suckers off to a testing lab and get real data? running these grow tests will provide a lot of info . . . but by putting that info together with raw data would enable us to figure out how these things might be utilized best.

Papa

Latest posts

Top Bottom