Botanicare CNS 17 vs Botanicare Organic Pro Bloom...whats the diff?

• Thread starter DazedNconfussed
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
D

DazedNconfussed

I recently switched from botainicare cns17 bloom to botainicare pro bloom on the advice from othwer THC farmers....anyone know what the diff is between the 2....the cns 17 was white like milk, and this pro bloom stuff is dark brown....and also cost half the price $18 a liter compred to $30 a liter for the cns 17.....

also the pro bloom says its organic, but the hydro shop owner told me it still isnt organic...im growing Chemdog #4 and read in the canna bible Chemdog #4 grows best off chemicals over organics...

Any input would be great, I am not a hardcore organic guy, just want to use whatever is best suited for my Chemdog #4's.....

N

noone88

I'm going off of this chart:

I'm guessing the PB Pro Bloom is like the GH 3 part program. You'll need other supplements, like calmag, sweetner, and a bloom enhancer to get the most out of your plant.

CNS17 is a program that is suppose to be a "one part" requiring no other additional supplements. I don't know how well it works.

D

DazedNconfussed

if the cns 17 has all that in it then maybe I should switch back....I do add 5ml a gallon of cal mag with whichever i use....but nothing else...

N

noone88

Definitely do more research. I don't know if one-part programs will work without supplements. Even the one-part programs offered by Humboldt or the SVA/SVB programs require additional supplements.

At the bare minimum, I would stick with GH Micro/Bloom Lucas formula, add some Calmag, and a bloom enhancer. Use some root conditioner for peace of mind (anything from hygrozyme to hydroguard). I'm assuming that is the bare minimum for most growers, especially if you're doing the real OG kush strains.

D

DazedNconfussed

well the hydro shop owner was a high school biology teacher for 20 years (one of my grower friends had him as a teacher 10 yrs ago), and he recomended the one part botanicare products over his other products....He told me to stick to the basics for the first grow before and said alot of the additives can sqrew a plant up easily if you dont dial it in first....

I will add botanicare "Ripe" during the last 3 weeks though....and have used botanicare cal/mag since week 2 of veg.....

Anyways, point was he recomended CNS 17 bloom, and other members on here recomended I use the Pro bloom instead....so I was justwondering if anyone had experiance using both....

N

noone88

CNS 17 is mainly a one part nutrient solution. Yes, it's an easy way to learn.

The Pure Blend Pro is a 3 part (Gro/Bloom/Soil). I don't think you can get away with using Pure Blend Pro Bloom exclusively for all stages of growth.

convex

convex

It's not listed as fully organic because they refuse to divulge thier complete recipe and pay OMRI for the privilage of the title organic. I believe the sticking point is that leonardite used for fulvics and humics are mineral based and not bio based as well as silica- big whoop IMO.

PBP bloom is a very capable one stop solution for flowering, with ample calcium, magnesium, etc. It's the mediums buffer capabilities, and dosing regimes that dictate whether added products be required.

The label tells all:
Derived from - Fish meal, composted sea bird guano, sea kelp, spirulina, soybean protein extract, rock phosphate, potassium carbonate, magnesium carbonate, calcium carbonate, humic acid*, fulvic acid*, citric acid*, raw sugar cane*, Agrimineral 72 (silica clay extract)*, amino acids*, B-complex vitamins*, and select botanical plant extracts*.
*Non plant food ingredients

D

DazedNconfussed

so sounds like the CNS 17 bloom is probly the better way to go....next week ill go back to it....

altitudefarmer

altitudefarmer

I used PBP Bloom, Budswel tea, molasses, and a little epsom salts for early to mid-bloom on a run last year, and it went quite well. That hydro table was one of my best ever, in terms of quality. Quantity wasn't quite there for the strain, but it was an early attempt at hydro-organic. I also used mycorrhizae and Hygrozyme. I got the PBP bloom as a free sample from the grow shop, or I'd have missed it. Good nutrients, tho.

P

PureSugar

Pure Blend Pro.. Key word blend PBP is a blend of both organic and chem ferts. I believe PPM pens don't really read organic nutrients because of their [lack of] electrical conductivity. I find 1/2 -3/4 recommended strength to be plenty for all but tress.

The guy at my local hydro shop gave me a bottle of CNS17 to try when I bought my "usual" PBP Bloom. I haven't tried the CNS stuff yet and don't know much about it.

G

greenthumbbumb

Comparing the 2 veg formulas the main difference is calcium, coco needs more calcium,
PBP
3-1.5-4 1(calcium)
cns17
3-1-2 3.6(calcium)

PBP lacks calcium and magnesium, thats why you run the cal.mag with it. Ive usd pbp for a while and only tried the sample of cns17 a few times but seemed to work great. Plants love calcium.

D

DazedNconfussed

i use cns17 bloom for veg and early flower
after 3 weeks of flower, i switch to cns17 ripe
works great for me all the way around
peace
ez

I have the ripe also, but it says to use it the last 3 weeks...I thought it was an enhancer? Is it a replacement for CNS 17 towards the end of flower?

M

mojorzn

I'm using CNS 17 grow (3-1-2) for veg and cns 17 bloom (2-2-3) in flower. The guy at the hydro store said not to go with the higher phos cns bloom (I think it's like 2-4-5) because you will have to add cal mag, which is already in the 2-2-3 bloom. That's all I use. I am in soil though, I'm thinking about adding sweet but that'll be it.

Top Bottom