Botanicare's KIND Nutes in coco... ?

• Thread starter Danked
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Danked

Danked

I was just in the local hydro shop today browsing around and chatting with the staff, and they were nice enough to give me some free samples of (I think they're somewhat new) Botanicare's KIND nutrients... the grow, bloom, and 'base' (which is 4-0-0, and 5% calcium - the 'Base' I mean). I'm wondering because of the increased calcium levels if these would be especially good nutes to use with coco... since it's such a calcium hog. Also, does anyone know how, or would it even be a possibility to use a 'Lucas' style formula using just the bloom and base? Like with the 6/9 GH micro/bloom. Anyone with some nutrient knowledge that would love to drop some on me, let me know what you've heard of know of these KIND nutrients, and just how KIND they really are. It'd be greatly appreciated. Danks...

Danked

Danked

Oh I know this...I'm somewhat familiar with coco and it's heavy calcium/magnesium "intake". I've used it already on a couple runs... used GH lucas method with one run, and another I used Roots Organics/Aurora Soul Synthetics nutes on a few plants growing in a mix of 50/50 coco coir/Roots Org. 'original potting mix'... (the 50/50 mix with the bottle organics was kind of an experiment..went okay tho).

Trend

Trend

I run it at times. I hate pbp and everything but thier calmag so I'm fairly anti botanicare. Got some 5 gal sets to test before it was released. Shits good what can I say. Smaller buds but seem more dense and weigh proper so who cares. Does make everything look and smell different than my go to nutes but its all preference. You only run the grow first week. After that its just bloom and base. In veg kinda nitrogen overdose but in bloom it works good. No calmag the entire run and zero deficiencies. Super simple and ph stable. I prefer it in a re circ. Only used it in pure coco so can say how it does in other mediums. Hit 2.25 ish per with it no boosters.

Danked

Danked

Thank you Trend... that's the kind of feedback I was looking for.

ogbluntdoc

ogbluntdoc

any new info on this line... i also was in hydro store today just chatting with some friends. feedback has come back pretty good for the KIND bottles. I would like to hear from some more growers with personal experience. im getting ready to set up a coco grow to test the waters. so im researching nute lines.

Smoking Gun

Smoking Gun

a bottle of calmg is prob a good thing to have

I have not tried the line myself, so I cannot comment on its quality. However with the line there should be no need for a different cal/mag product. The base has all the calcium and the bloom and grow bottles contain the magnesium. So if calcium or magnesium may be too high or low it is just a slight alteration in the mix, rather than adding another product.

Danked

Danked

I'm gonna have to give them a run after I'm done with these H&G nutes... cuz I'm definitely going to switch. I like the explosive growth I've gotten with H&G, but I don't like how 'salty' they are. I mean, I know all synthetics are salty, but just look at the "Cocos B" bottle around the cap... its super crusty...way more than any other base nute I've come across myself.

Last edited:
growchick421

growchick421

I use the Botanicare ready grow moisture formula coco and like it. Currently I am using the Botanicare pure blend pro nutes with a couple additives. The question is if anyone knows about the other 2 lines by Botanicare, CNS-17 and the KIND. Does one line work better for coco??

The other thing I have been debating is whether to stick with Botanicare (previously stated that I like them) or if foxfarm and their line would be the way to go? I have friends that like them and grow beautiful gardens. I have only used one of the happy frog additives to my tomatoes. However when looking at foxfarm site I'm not seeing a coco mix, do they have one?? The closest I see to a soilless medium is the ocean forest which looks like it has peat moss base instead. Would peat moss be a happier medium than coco??

Chrondondalae

Chrondondalae

I've been using Kind and the girls really like it! Put it this way, I have used H16 for 3 years now and get it at cost. Always had good results but felt like trying something different. I'm gladly paying retail minus 25% for Botanicare Kind with Aptus 1x a week and getting better results. Funny thing is I'm not spending anymore $ than with H16 and all their additves at cost.

Kind is simple and clean. Minimal ph drift in the res. Super nice base. I've used just about every base there is over the years and this is a very solid product.

I am in coco by the way. No CaMg needed at all and I also use RO.

Offdarips

Offdarips

Have you ran PBP compared to PBK if so which base do you like better?

Top Bottom