botanicare's weird smell..

• Thread starter pussOGbrah
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Here's the big secret. There is no secret sauce. All lines of nutrients are made with a boiler plate recipe.

They add extra stuff here and there that really had no baring on your plants health. They just get to write fancy shit on the bottle.

It's all a marketing ploy down to colorful bottles with cool.pictures.

The pure Blend Pro is not made of chemical fertilizer like their kind trio.

The base in kind trio is calcium nitrate only and the rest is in the Grow or bloom bottles. And it includes seaweed extract. Fully adjustable ratios like a greenhouse fertigation system that way.

And the pbp is made of guano and seaweed and worm castings. And it includes humic acid and seaweed. And it mixes clean with no gritty residue.

It may be watered down for hobby market but it is not like other fertilizers.

I would add seaweed extract and humic acid if I used powders.

Hell. They sell it at the farm and feed store here. Must have some effect on the plants. I'm being facetious Organikz. I am well aware of all the effects of my inputs.

I think Pure Blend Pro is based on Dutch organic hydroponic mixtures.

Organikz

Organikz

@MIMedGrower You have the right idea. I have heard of guys throwing the feed charts out as they've found a better combination. I know a guy that runs only bloom and micro from start to flush.

He had beer can buds.

If youre trying to say I'm wrong then we can sort it out in PM. I can tell you why organic nutrient lines are no different than synthetic.

You know that a plant cannot take up bat guano however it can take up the ammonium nitrate they've made that guano into before bottling it.

Same in organics. It's just turned into salts in the soil. I am not under an impression that organics creates a different chemical compound to uptake as is in that bottled botanicare.

To me it's more about not having to babysit. Slow and low. I am not hating on bottles. They get the job done and actually usually turn out better yields.

Last edited:
MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

@MIMedGrower You have the right idea. I have heard of guys throwing the feed charts out as they've found a better combination. I know a guy that runs only bloom and micro from start to flush.

He had beer can buds.

If youre trying to say I'm wrong then we can sort it out in PM. I can tell you why organic nutrient lines are no different than synthetic.

You know that a plant cannot take up bat guano however it can take up the ammonium nitrate they've made that guano into before bottling it.

Same in organics. It's just turned into salts in the soil. I am not under an impression that organics creates a different chemical compound to uptake as is in that bottled botanicare.

To me it's more about not having to babysit. Slow and low. I am not hating on bottles. They get the job done and actually usually turn out better yields.

I am not attached forever to bottles. It is convenient and I have had very little problems.

And I am not saying you are wrong I am saying you are making a blanket statement and there are different methods these nutes are made stabilized and preserved. You can't just lump them all together.

If you have pertinent info about fertilizer you want to share you should just post it. I have done much research into the industry.

I have no agenda or predisposed notions about any of this. I am here to learn.

Organikz

Organikz

I am not attached forever to bottles. It is convenient and I have had very little problems.

And I am not saying you are wrong I am saying you are making a blanket statement and there are different methods these nutes are made stabilized and preserved. You can't just lump them all together.

If you have pertinent info about fertilizer you want to share you should just post it. I have done much research into the industry.

I have no agenda or predisposed notions about any of this. I am here to learn.
I am merely speaking as a soil builder. When using amendments you are talking about that are in these feeds we have to cook the soil for a month before it has even begun to start being broken down enough for immediately available nutrients to exist.

All of it has to run through the cycle being passed from one organism to another and being broken down further during each transfer.

This cannot be achieved in a hydro reservoir in a matter of seconds. They are brewing giant teas and then stop the process with preservatives. Dont get me wrong. They tune it in. Then it's bottled and painted fancy.

It takes work to keep these minerals and organic matter breaking down with fresh soil.

I could be wrong but this is somewhat educated guess based on understanding soil solution chemistry.

If I'm wrong please tell me but explain how all the soil food web processes and soil solution chemistry that is responsible for breaking these amendments down into an uptakable source can happen so quickly in hydro.

Last edited:
Organikz

Organikz

I want to add I am truly not being a smart ass. I would rather know right than wrong.

Technically organics is just not using harsh chemicals or insecticides. Our plants are eating the exact same thimg...salt. You just cut out the middle man so really organics has been falsely defined.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

I want to add I am truly not being a smart ass. I would rather know right than wrong.

Technically organics is just not using harsh chemicals or insecticides. Our plants are eating the exact same thimg...salt. You just cut out the middle man so really organics has been falsely defined.

The only reason Botanicare Pure Blend Pro is not certified is they use a chemical to extract some of the ingredients.

Which goes to your explanation about time to break down elements.

But 1 month is not true for all inputs. Lime starts in less than a week. Nitrogen right away. Phosphorus more like next year.

It's just a guideline. I am educated in organics too. I studied plant science before trying to grow with no experience.

I know that there is more available and easily uptake in the bottled nute. It is processed to work better.

And I go real light in dosage to not fill plants with any unnecessary elements is my goal each time.

I plant to do some organics. And some hydro. Bet if I do well there is little difference.

I use amended soil to be sure the plants are not lacking in anything. As a good base.

I feel a hybrid Grow will yield the best results.

Organikz

Organikz

The only reason Botanicare Pure Blend Pro is not certified is they use a chemical to extract some of the ingredients.

Which goes to your explanation about time to break down elements.

But 1 month is not true for all inputs. Lime starts in less than a week. Nitrogen right away. Phosphorus more like next year.

It's just a guideline. I am educated in organics too. I studied plant science before trying to grow with no experience.

I know that there is more available and easily uptake in the bottled nute. It is processed to work better.

And I go real light in dosage to not fill plants with any unnecessary elements is my goal each time.

I plant to do some organics. And some hydro. Bet if I do well there is little difference.

I use amended soil to be sure the plants are not lacking in anything. As a good base.

I feel a hybrid Grow will yield the best results.
I like it. You have found your own unique style and it sounds like you have it well dialed and that's what matters.

And thanks for reminding me I have a fungi/bacteria innoculant to apply.

Latest posts

Top Bottom