Botector botrytis treatment

• Thread starter Seamaiden
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I just read about a new (to me at least) product that's approved for organic production called Botector. Designed for strawberries and grapes, I wouldn't be surprised if the active microbes would still work well for cannabis.

Tis the season, be prepared!

http://www.bio-ferm.com/en/products/botector/

Biotechnological botryticide:
the alternative in grape production

Botector is a highly effective biotechnological plant protection product used to fight grey mold (Botrytis cinerea) in grape production. The pathogen can be responsible for a loss of more than 50% of the yield and may negatively affect the quality of the grapes. After an infection by Botrytis cinerea, secondary infections by Penicillium sp., Aspergillus sp., Trichothecium roseum and sour rot may occur.

Mode of action
Botector contains highly efficient microorganisms which block the grey mold pathogen, Botrytis cinerea, from colonizing infection sites on the berry surface. The biotechnological product works through natural competition for space and nutrients between pathogens and antagonists on the berry. As Botector acts competitively and does not attack the metabolism of fungal pathogens there is no risk of resistance even with frequent applications.

Advantages
Botector protects grapes from botrytis.
no pre-harvest interval
no residues
no development of pathogen resistance
safe for humans and animals, harmless to bees and beneficials
easily applied with standard equipment
for Integrated Pest Management (IPM) and organic farming

US distributor: http://westbridge.com/botector-2/

john martin

john martin

Interesting. InsectFrass is said to prevent PM / Botrytits when used as foliar spray for similar reasons, but I have not yet tried it as foliar.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Me, either. I always miss the 2hr mark that's supposed to be best for bacterial populations.

VERMONTSKUNKS

VERMONTSKUNKS

closed minds never see the light! thankyou seamaiden for yet another tidbit of knowledge keepin the farm informed!

Blaze

Blaze

Very cool, I will have to check this out Sea. We tend to get a bit of fog in the falls so we often get mold and I have yet to find a particularly effective organic treatment for it.

Serenade, Sonata and Regalia all worked great for mildew but were pretty useless for mold in my experience.

john martin

john martin

PM Wash works well if you start using it before the nugs have a chance to harden and continue using it routinely once or twice a week until harvest. They recommend spraying with lights on, but I try to spray about 10-15 minutes before lights go on to reduce size of water droplets on leafs acting as magnifier glasses and to reduce light burn.

Latest posts

Top Bottom