Botrytis/Harvest?

• Thread starter dorjewright
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
dorjewright

dorjewright

1 of 2 purple kush is under serious attack. New spots show within hours of checking. I've tried OxiDate at 1/50 with Humboldt Sticky; same with Stylet oil added at 10z/gal; I'm back to OxiDate 1/50 (4 teas/32oz).
The botrytis just took ot some nice tops. I'll give it a few days more then I think I'll harvest the ripest colas. They are beginning to purple and trichomes are clear to cloudy; but they are only 4 to 5 weeks into flowering. I'm going to add a 1000 watt HPS for a few hours during the early am and late pm.
Any other ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Botrytisharvest
Botrytisharvest 2
Botrytisharvest 3
Botrytisharvest 4
Botrytisharvest 5
Botrytisharvest 6
Botrytisharvest 7
GanjaGardener

GanjaGardener

Ouch! A couple of my outdoor plants caught the bot this year due to a month long stretch of fog and overcast that didn't break until around noon every day.

My advice would be to chop every bud w/ even a trace of bot on it an inch or two below the infected area as well as any potential trouble spots while dipping the shears in alcohol between each cut. Apply the fungicide after the tainted weed is removed. Increasing air circulation and adding light to help speed up transpiration and lower humidity will help prevent further outbreaks.

The stuff is insidious and will spread and stay w/ you all the way into cure, (dry rot), if you don't separate it out. One bad bud can infect a jar during cure. Better to take your losses early on and be done w/ it than to tiptoe along trying to save weight.

Good luck.

R

rickisonline

I've used h2o2 and a following application of baking soda with some success at eradicating it. A couple drops of h2o2 per pint and then a tablespoon of baking soda per pint. Worked for me.

GanjaGardener

GanjaGardener

I am familiar w/ the debilitating effects of chemical pesticides/PGRs and I don't use them. I've read Teaming w/ Microbes and use soil web techniques, (although I prefer "nature web" because some of my methods are not strictly "soil web".) Botrytis may not like the plants in my grow culture as much as the plants that have been raised in a synthetic salt environment, but it's fairly indiscriminate when it comes to fat colas and excess humidity. Once it's taken hold, there are no panaceas for it's eradication. Preventative measures is where it's at.

I've used h2o2 and a following application of baking soda with some success at eradicating it. A couple drops of h2o2 per pint and then a tablespoon of baking soda per pint. Worked for me.
It might help some but I wouldn't bet my crop on it.
http://www.amazon.com/Teaming-Microbes-Gardeners-Guide-Soil/dp/0881927775

B

Buddy Hemphill

Is that a weak Oxidate ratio?

I cant remember. It seems like I used more of it. Maybe not. I'll try to find my notes. I got a new computer.

M

MIway

I am familiar w/ the debilitating effects of chemical pesticides/PGRs and I don't use them. I've read Teaming w/ Microbes and use soil web techniques, (although I prefer "nature web" because some of my methods are not strictly "soil web".) Botrytis may not like the plants in my grow culture as much as the plants that have been raised in a synthetic salt environment, but it's fairly indiscriminate when it comes to fat colas and excess humidity. Once it's taken hold, there are no panaceas for it's eradication. Preventative measures is where it's at.

I know this sucks to say, but if it's already inside the colas & spreading throughout the area (in your greenhouse breeding)... like GG said... tough spot.

Once it happens, you're limited to systemic fungicides with curative properties... in order to kill off what is there & to prevent further spread. And you would have to find the right fungicide, which might not be easy.

Otherwise, it is what it is... damage control until you chop. Just don't have many options with it.

dorjewright

dorjewright

Got out the fans; added 1000w light; mix p a fresh Oxidate 1/50 or 4 teas/qt; soaked every bud especially where it lays against the stalk. Stylet oil didn't seem to help at all; stopped the sticky. Seems to be under control. But takes 2x/day checking to keep it under control.

GanjaGardener

GanjaGardener

Thanks for keeping us posted, bro. I'm still following along w/ great interest and am hoping that your abatement solution works.

:yes

GG

Top Bottom