botrytis on just two trees

• Thread starter tj Wise
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
tj Wise

tj Wise

okay, 2 of my 12 trees appear to have 3 infected buds each. they are my only two kush plants, on opposite corners. all my blue dream and pineapple look just fine. my research makes bud rot look like a total nightmare... but i am hoping outdoor trees are not as sensative. what am I in for? Should I harvest asap? Or ???

tj Wise

tj Wise

I think maybe it is the indoor growers who live in fear of this as a run-away plague, then? THANKS!

below frigid

below frigid

I would take the infected colas off! Then trim off the mold and dry. Make sure you clean your fiskars after trimming any moldy buds before you use the on anything else. Watch your plants. if other parts start to get it just chop them!

william76

william76

I would take the infected colas off! Then trim off the mold and dry. Make sure you clean your fiskars after trimming any moldy buds before you use the on anything else. Watch your plants. if other parts start to get it just chop them!
If it's only the one strain affected it maybe that strains not hardy enough,people fear it cause it can take your whole grow in hours,indoor or out,so I'd be careful,good luck,76

tj Wise

tj Wise

Would this hurt my good buds? One gallon water with four tablespoons baking soda, one tablespoon molasses and four drops dish soap, not dawn. Spray lightly after sunset every other day. Do not spray on soil.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
What will that mix do for you?
okay, 2 of my 12 trees appear to have 3 infected buds each. they are my only two kush plants, on opposite corners. all my blue dream and pineapple look just fine. my research makes bud rot look like a total nightmare... but i am hoping outdoor trees are not as sensative. what am I in for? Should I harvest asap? Or ???
I don't think botrytis behaves that way, but I could be wrong. It sounds like you've got rot developing in isolated spots, not taking out a huge part of the plant. Serenade is what my friends out in Mendo recommend, along with OxiDate. Be careful controlling OxiDate drift, it's very caustic stuff.

tj Wise

tj Wise

My mix is a diy solution said to discourage (not cure) fungus/rot -- to slow it from spreading.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I wouldn't use that mix, myself. OxiDate will leave no residue or flavor, Greencure, in my experience/opinion, absolutely will. I haven't heard that about Serenade or Actinovate.

tj Wise

tj Wise

Oops, after further review... caterpillars.
Catplr

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Good catch, they can be hard to find because their color is so close, and when they feel movement they curl up and drop to the soil.

Top Bottom