bottle or burner?

• Thread starter greenthumb
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
G

greenthumb

Hi farmers !
I want to use c02 and im torn between a gas burner or a bottle and regulator.
my question is.
which is the most reliable and which is cheapest to run and which gives the best results?
i dont care about temp rises or added moisture as i am running a sealed room with ac/dehumidfier plus a stand alone dehumidfier.

G

greenthumb

wether bottle or burner the gas tank will be outside the room because its a sealed room 4x8.5x8.5 in side a room about 3 times that size.

jadins_journey

jadins_journey

Supporter
I've never ran bottle but I have ran a natural gas fired Gen 1 burner for a couple of years. Can't say I will ever run it again, it's in storage and probably needs a new home. Problem was film it leaves on the surface after extended use. White walls become dull etc. I know they burn a clean blue flame but your still burning a fossil fuel and there are more by prducts of combustion than CO2 H2O etc.

If and when I ever go back to running CO2 it will be bottled. Just my experiences only.

jj

O

ogcanna kush

bottled is more work but better contolled

I have ran both in large rooms, the work of lugging a 50lbs tank can be a chore I find that not having to shut it down in the summer months due to the rxcessive heat al l so with a co2 monitior I have great results when dialing to the ppm out put I run in the first 3 weeks flower at 1200 then the last 5 weeks at 2000 . rock hard buds and seems to spead up the flower times aas well at 8 week loks more like 9-10 week ripened.
good luck you wont regret the investment

I

IpuffAlot

The bottle is a hassle to get filled,tring to sneak that thing in the house.I never new the gens are that dirty and it makes sence.Thanks for heads up I was gonna buy a gen too.

G

greenthumb

sound like bottled c02 is the least hassle. so i think i will go with that thanks for the comments theve been very helpfull.

D

darookie2000

I just don't like the idea of generating large amounts of CO2. Go with the bottle.

G

greenthumb

if i buy a bottle and regulator plus tubing.is there anything else i need to purchase?do i need to buy some sort of sniffer device as well or does the regulator sort that out?

J

Jalisco Kid

Bottles expose you to rippers as does carrying 20 bags of hydroton out of a shop. JK

jadins_journey

jadins_journey

Supporter
if i buy a bottle and regulator plus tubing.is there anything else i need to purchase?do i need to buy some sort of sniffer device as well or does the regulator sort that out?

This is where CO2 gets expensive. Yes to run it the most efficiently you need a digital control unit with a remote sensor. Makes no difference if you burn or bottle you need these to run either CO2 or your blowing gas out the window.

Control units run from $400 and up here in the US depending on the number of functins the unit has. Here's an example from where I get the majority of my supplies, I am sure there are better prices out there but this maybe can give you an idea of what I am talking about.

hope this helps,

jj

D

darookie2000

Bottles expose you to rippers as does carrying 20 bags of hydroton out of a shop. JK

You can get bottles at a welding shop or one that carries CO2 for restaurant soft drink machines. If anyone asks, you have a kegerator or an arc welder :) I agree that it can expose you to some risk, but CO2 is available from lots of places that are far lower profile than a hydro shop.

J

Jalisco Kid

There are people paying kids to follow people home now. Some gangs feel gueros are like turkeys ready to come out of the oven. The part that sucks is they are right. JK

billy liar

billy liar

jk is so right, even tho i'm over the water, this is a massive prob, and i find myself going back to the way i started 15 years ago, proper biker style only nutes come from hydro store now. and i get some1 else to get them for me if poss.
stay safe
BL

G

greenthumb

I have a good hydro shop that is very trust worthy just expensive!.but now i know that bottled c02 is more expensive to run as bottles need to be replaced more often so i will be getting a burner!ill just have to wipe everything down once a week to keep things clean instead of after every grow.

M

mrdizzle

some keg stores refill them or beverage centers, just say your in a frat, fuck we used to get a bottle every other week back in the day. if its a hydro store, go 15mins before close, seems like they already woulda follow someone else home that day

as for rippers, you gotta live in your rear view, make fucked up turns drive around the blocks, walk your dogs around your block looking for people posted up. i actually enjoy the 007 aspect makes me feel safer

Top Bottom