bottom feeding coco

• Thread starter moodster
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
M

moodster

hi farmers i have 4 plants in flower in coco im using gh nutes and the lucas formula i have been running to waste with 10% runoff i have been thinking if i should be bottom feeding her nutes ? and what should i be doing with plain water in between feedings should plain go in the top to avoid salt build up ?? thanks farmers:party0042:

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
thats what Im doing bro - bottom fed e/f once a day - res is base nutes only - I supplement with organics and boosters in my top feed

Darth Fader

Darth Fader

Wick-fed is really nice if you want to be able to leave your plants for days at a time or if you just don't like having to mix nutes & handwater every day. Another great thing is not having to worry about over/underwatering. Only issue I ever had was ppm buildup in the res, so that has to be watched & managed.

L-Immortal

L-Immortal

hi farmers i have 4 plants in flower in coco im using gh nutes and the lucas formula i have been running to waste with 10% runoff i have been thinking if i should be bottom feeding her nutes ? and what should i be doing with plain water in between feedings should plain go in the top to avoid salt build up ?? thanks farmers:party0042:

Bottom feed once a day with your lucas formula. I would never run water between feedings unless you have issues. I would use drip clean with your base nutes then you need not worry about any salt buildup. Just use it from day one and your straight

Bud Spleefman

Bud Spleefman

Premium Member
Supporter
Why Lucas? 8/16? 6/9 (H3AD FORMULA) is much better for Coco, same nutes, just a slightly different ratio.

true grit

true grit

Make sure you use drip clean, went this route for a while handfeeding. worked fine- i was trying to avoid compaction, etc. Found no real difference between bottom/top feeding- seems less salt build up tho top feeding, even with drip clean. could just be my experience.

hiboy

hiboy

I use to bottom feed/flood the tables, then i went to drip, well it aint a drip its a flow . 3 minutes twice a day in flower. Agree with true grit about less salt/nute build up with top feeding. I like to rinse every 3 rez changes with just water to clean out the krap kickin in the cubes. Went from 270 ppm to 570 ppm with a flush= ran a drip for 20 minutes flowing water thru the rw cubes
hiboy

Top Bottom