bottom leaves are turning yellow and dieing

• Thread starter snickers
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

snickers

Premium Member
Supporter
my blueberrys are approximately a 5 weeks and 7 inches.the bottom leaves are turning yellow and dieing, some have these large,brown,rust colored looking spots. can anyone tell me what this is and how to treat it?

W

webeblzr

Hey snickers,
I dont know your medium, but it sounds way hot to me.
I'm a coconut, for indoor myself... I found coco coir and PBP nutes, soo easy, way less bugs to fight. and I've been reuseing my coir many times over.

I would get some fresh medium, and water soluable nutes, and yank the plants, wash off a lot of the old medium, and replant them. Mix your nutes to 1/2 strength, even 1/4.
As you see green growth increase the nutes a bit.
Thats my $.02.

B

burnalot420

Lolipop Genetics
Supporter
hey snickers i wouldn't do all that jus yet...the first set will always yellow (which isn't a leaf, 4got what itz called) but yea, how many nodes do they have at that height, how often have you been watering and at what strenght nutes have you been feeding them...i'd prob jus give em straight water and make sure not to let em dry out while not lettin them become waterlogged...but if it is your old growth i wouldn't wory too much jus pay attention and don't burn em...peace Burn

TortureKill

TortureKill

A pic would do wonders.. Its common for the lower leaves to start yellowing after 3-5 weeks. Just the plant telling you it needs a shot of nitrogen.. How bad are the "rust" spots? I would suggest a low dose of nitrogen. What nutes you using? And have u fed up to this point?

-TK

S

snickers

Premium Member
Supporter
I am using soil, and I just transplanted a week ago to 3 gallon containers so the soil is new. as of today they are just 6 weeks old. I am not sure if i am over feeding or if there is some deficiency. dude, thanks for the $.02

S

snickers

Premium Member
Supporter
hey snickers i wouldn't do all that jus yet...the first set will always yellow (which isn't a leaf, 4got what itz called) but yea, how many nodes do they have at that height, how often have you been watering and at what strenght nutes have you been feeding them...i'd prob jus give em straight water and make sure not to let em dry out while not lettin them become waterlogged...but if it is your old growth i wouldn't wory too much jus pay attention and don't burn em...peace Burn
dude, thanks for the info! Its been over a week and doesnt appear to be spreading.

I

inreplyavalon

I believe those lowest leaves are the 'seed leaves' or cotyledon and they will always yellow and fall off. They are unnecessary and the plant seems to know this and takes the nitrogen from them and so they yellow. Sounds like your doing better anyway.

purpleberry

purpleberry

Depending on what BB your growing i would run the nuts at 1/2 strength the whole time. I have to do that with trueBB or they look like crap.

greenthumbdanny

greenthumbdanny

Premium Member
Supporter
What kind and how much lighting are ya using.. Lower growth will yellow up and die if not getting enough light

Top Bottom