Bottom leaves yellowing 3 week old seedlings

• Thread starter Harley.Freeman
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
H

Harley.Freeman

Heya everyone,

I'm trying to get any advice or personal experiences from anyone who's willing to give it.

I have 6, three week old seedlings, the past couple of days I have noticed yellowing starting to happen on the bottom leaves on most of these little girls. I don't think it's related to my watering schedule, but it's not impossible either. I've been researching what else could be causing it and have come upon quite a lot of different things like nutrient deficiencies, ph of my water and so forth.

What are yalls experiences with this type of problem?

Bottom leaves yellowing 3 week old seedlings
Bottom leaves yellowing 3 week old seedlings 2
Bottom leaves yellowing 3 week old seedlings 3
Bottom leaves yellowing 3 week old seedlings 4
Bottom leaves yellowing 3 week old seedlings 5
BearWater

BearWater

Supporter
I noticed this in my plants after they had been in the solos for a while too long. Like they needed more food ( my starting medium is light warrior with worm castings).

What is your watering schedule? Do you water based off pot/plant weight? Super lite= super dry : )

H

Harley.Freeman

I noticed this in my plants after they had been in the solos for a while too long. Like they needed more food ( my starting medium is light warrior with worm castings).

What is your watering schedule? Do you water based off pot/plant weight? Super lite= super dry : )
I'm using ffof and ffhf 1:1 for my medium. I water based off of weight usually, when they get like paper airplane light they need water in my opinion lol. They were getting that light after like a day and a half. So I am just trying to figure out what is different because it hasn't been going on for this whole time. The only thing different is the ph of my tap. I leave it out to dechlorinate it but the ph is way too high. I was under the impression though that it should be totally fine because my medium will help balance it out.

E

Eclipted

Less medium would mean less ability to buffer a bad ph. I’m normally one who says the soil will buffer it out but only if you’re like a 5.8-7.2 if you’re above or below that you might start seeing deficiencies. The bottom leaves of ur plant will fall off eventually as the plant only needed them to get going in life. Also baby plants like it to be more wet than dry. I’m not saying soak ur medium but def don’t let it get bone dry. Somethings going on with the plants either not enough water or too much water. I’m guessing not enough water. Maybe the lights to close? Idk they just look a little off to me. Also, if you don’t want to use sink water head to the store and buy a gallon or 2 of spring water. Always a manageable ph and it has minerals in it the plant can use

S

SoilSensei22

try adjusting your nutrient levels or make sure they're not getting too much water, man.

H

Harley.Freeman

Less medium would mean less ability to buffer a bad ph. I’m normally one who says the soil will buffer it out but only if you’re like a 5.8-7.2 if you’re above or below that you might start seeing deficiencies. The bottom leaves of ur plant will fall off eventually as the plant only needed them to get going in life. Also baby plants like it to be more wet than dry. I’m not saying soak ur medium but def don’t let it get bone dry. Somethings going on with the plants either not enough water or too much water. I’m guessing not enough water. Maybe the lights to close? Idk they just look a little off to me. Also, if you don’t want to use sink water head to the store and buy a gallon or 2 of spring water. Always a manageable ph and it has minerals in it the plant can use
So is spring water better then distilled?

Latest posts

Top Bottom