Bought A 100x Digital Loupe... Can't Unsee This

• Thread starter Arroyo Flush
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Arroyo Flush

Arroyo Flush

So like any new farmer, I bought a decent digital loupe, the Active Eye 100X, and my plants aren't ready.

But then I turned the lens on some dispensary meds, a XJ-13 and a Lemon variety, and neither showed any evidence of cloudy or amber trichomes. They're jewel-encrusted and clear.

Are standards just lower in California?

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I wouldn't say that. What I will say is that any grower, especially someone who's growing indoors, has a timeline to meet and they tend to rush 'finishing' of the plants. Those who grow their own typically can allow themselves more time for their plants to finish.

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
@Seamaiden is right on the money. A lot of dispos have been known to harvest 1-2 weeks early to meet production demands. I know of 2 here in AZ that do it. Then to add insult to injury they dont do a proper dry n cure.

This is why I think there will always be a demand for the boutique grower that takes their time and puts luv in their meds

Wee Zard

Wee Zard

I agree with J. C. and S. M.
I have a friend in Oregon who loves driving to Washington n California and browsing the dispensaries.
Every couple of months, she brings me samples of 4 or 5 different kine.
Almost all are harvested early and dried but not cured.
And she's a top shelf buyer.
Very disappointing.

Here on da Island we say "try wait".
So, we are spoiled rotten. :)

The bad news is.
Dispensaries have been legal here since July 16th.
They have yet to open the first one. :(

When they do, time becomes money.
Quality will take a back seat while money does the driving.
<sigh>
So, there will always be a black market for real Hawaiian fire.
And those who can not grow at home will have to filter through the big-business bogus buddage to find it.

Jus' my 2 cents.
Weeze

Top Bottom