Bought A Jewellers Loupe Today....

• Thread starter Nog
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
N

Nog

Never used one before, but decided to get one to be more scientific about harvesting stages.

I have just previously gone on colour of pistils mainly, as well as a few other things.

Will a x 60 magnification be enough to see the colour of the trichomes?

GT21

GT21

I like soup
Supporter
Never used one before, but decided to get one to be more scientific about harvesting stages.

I have just previously gone on colour of pistils mainly, as well as a few other things.

Will a x 60 magnification be enough to see the colour of the trichomes?
60 should be fine.. my old one was 60 to 200 i think

Midwestjay

Midwestjay

I perfer a plain old loupe. Those adjustable scopes are a bitch to get focused. And if the plant is moving forget it.

GT21

GT21

I like soup
Supporter
I perfer a plain old loupe. Those adjustable scopes are a bitch to get focused. And if the plant is moving forget it.
And the battery compartment/light switch is crap and if you get resin on the lense its shot... only real good part about them is that its like 10 bucks tops. But now you can buy usb micros for only a few bucks more.

Midwestjay

Midwestjay

And the battery compartment/light switch is crap and if you get resin on the lense its shot... only real good part about them is that its like 10 bucks tops. But now you can buy usb micros for only a few bucks more.
Lmao you know the struggle. The next will be a usb scope

N

Nog

Hasn't arrived yet, ordered last nigh off ebay, was $5.50, surprised they are so cheap. Thank god for China.

Looking forward to trying it out.

N

Nog

So got the loupe today, and just checked two growing plants.

Trichomes all clear as glass.

Also checked the buds of a plant I harvested several days ago, and also were clear like crystal.

Maybe harvesting too early.

I found it hard to use though, have to put it up against the bud to have it in focus, and it has a narrow tunnel vision which means things like leaves can get in the way.

If I got a better quality one things might be different, but as it was I go an el cheapo from the internet.

Top Bottom