BounTea questions

• Thread starter Buddy Hemphill
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B

Buddy Hemphill

I am new to teas and trying to learn.

Is the bountea system good? Has anybody used it?

I know there may be better home brew tea recipies...I just dont know which one to trust.

I want to get my feet wet with an idiot proof method.

This seems like a good place to start learning. As I read the net...there are many recipies and lines of logic for teas. I dont know which one to follow.

This guy has a kit for dummies...I know that isn't a good reason to use his product. But it has me looking at his bountea system as a starting point to start learning. I dont want to fock over my plants because I used bad info for my first tea or didn't really understand the concept.

M

MizzaFishKilla

Is that BounTea guy from Alaska? He has an impressive vegetable garden!

Try this....
One gallon of non-chlorinated water
1/2 cup high quality garden compost
1/2 cup high quality earth worm castings
2 tablespoons fish hydrolysate (make sure it's HYDROLYSATE!)
1 tablespoon non-sulfured molasses (Same as Black strap)
if you can find this add:
1/4 cup kelp meal
1/8 cup glacial rock dust

Bubble vigorously for 24-36 hrs as you would any tea - more if you want a higher fungal component - better for flowering.

I usually have a gallon of water mixed with 2 tablespoons of dissolved sup-po-mag that I mix with the tea just prior to application.

Strain (or not)

I know it's a pain in the ass to source this stuff, but it will last you for a year +.

I didn't answer your question about BounTea, but if you have the resources to source this stuff, this is what I'd do.

There is a ton of documentation about the benefits of kelp/kelp meal.

Good luck.

B

Buddy Hemphill

Ok...didn't buy the 'kit'.

I did get the ingriedients...but made my own brewer.

So far so good. After 30 hrs it smelled like good homebrew beer and ph'd at 6.4.

I foliared everything and drenched everything that needed water.

I will post results as soon as I see (or not) them

B

Buddy Hemphill

Is that BounTea guy from Alaska? He has an impressive vegetable garden!

Try this....
One gallon of non-chlorinated water
1/2 cup high quality garden compost
1/2 cup high quality earth worm castings
2 tablespoons fish hydrolysate (make sure it's HYDROLYSATE!)
1 tablespoon non-sulfured molasses (Same as Black strap)
if you can find this add:
1/4 cup kelp meal
1/8 cup glacial rock dust

Bubble vigorously for 24-36 hrs as you would any tea - more if you want a higher fungal component - better for flowering.

I usually have a gallon of water mixed with 2 tablespoons of dissolved sup-po-mag that I mix with the tea just prior to application.

Strain (or not)

I know it's a pain in the ass to source this stuff, but it will last you for a year +.

I didn't answer your question about BounTea, but if you have the resources to source this stuff, this is what I'd do.

There is a ton of documentation about the benefits of kelp/kelp meal.

Good luck.

Do you use this every time you feed?

If not, how often?

tia...

C

CT Guy

Buddy,

You can do a foliar application using a 1 gallon pump sprayer, or just focus on a soil drench and use a watering can. Biggest issue is a nozzle tip, you don't want a 90 degree tip. 45 or 60 is better. If it's a larger setup, you can use a 5 gallon backpack sprayer. Diaphragm pumps are the best.

Rates will vary based on the biological activity in your soil and your fertilization schedule, but in general I'd say that every 7-10 days would be an aggressive rate and once a month would be average. The nice thing is that if it's made correctly you can't over apply it. You may just maximize your benefit at some point.

B

Buddy Hemphill

I am reading the links now....I just like a good ole fashioned book.

There are certain times of the day I like to read a book. They are easier for me to reference repeatedly, for some reason. I have always been a book worm.

Thanks for the info, btw dude...

I see what you mean about maximizing micro life. I can dump all I want on the plants, but the plant can only use "so many" of the herd. Nice.

B

Buddy Flowers

buddy- i got the bountea brew kit about a few months ago. a friend owns a shop and gave me a good discount but you did the right thing by making your own.

what do you dilute your tea to? the ppms of my straight tea are usually about 8-900 ppm so i dilute about a gallon of concentrate tea to 4 gallons of water making a solution of about 3-350 ppm

GR33NL3AF

GR33NL3AF

I just bought the humusoil, earthworm castings, Hi-Brix, and bioactivator going to give it a go. I was told if you follow the app rate on there site you can dilute 1gal concentrate to 8-10 gallons water. We'll see

Mississip Hip

Mississip Hip

I started with bountea and ended up making this.....its brewing a batch as we speak..

55 gallom brew 015

slausongardens

slausongardens

if u already made the kit you might as well make your own tea then for way cheaper and prolly way better. teyre super duper easy man.

i do..

1/2 cup alfalfa meal
1/2 cup alaskan humus or ancient rain forest or denali gold works or just good compost.
1 cup earthworm castings
1/2 cup fish hydrosylate
2 tbspns kelp meal
4 tspns humic acid
2 tbspns molasses

this is also awesome for foliar feeding and destroys PM. and this is a more complex one with more ingrediants.. most people just do EWC, kelp and mollasses, that works wonders as well. really you just wanna get the microherd going. but making your own teas is ridiculously cheap.

i got the bountea brewer system when i first started. and i still use the ingrediants sometimes cuz i have em so why not. theyre good as well. especially the fish part u add after brewing.

learn and love it man cuz teas are amazing.. i always see super resu,ts after using them.. perfect for live soil but also work on all mediums that are microbe friendly.

Latest posts

Top Bottom