Boveda 49/62 Help

• Thread starter leelee84
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
L

leelee84

I am almost at my harvest. Thing is, Ive only got 4 to 5 days to get an air dry in and then maybe do a manual cure for 4 days. Then I'm away on holiday for 2 weeks. No one to help out whilst I'm away so reading a couple of articles on boveda packs and with the good reviews I decided to buy 10 packs of 62's and 10 49's because I have no idea of the humidity I will still be faced with after 4-5 days of drying. I am not too confident of drying for 5 days and then manicuring and then tubbing up for two weeks without burping with a 62 pack. Does anyone have any experience with 49 packs and can tell me if it can work with me going on holiday? I mean in theory can I put 49 packs in with my bud and go away for two weeks and not come home to tubs full of rotten mouldy bud. This would not be good!!

Thank you in advance for your time,

G gnome

G gnome

I am almost at my harvest. Thing is, Ive only got 4 to 5 days to get an air dry in and then maybe do a manual cure for 4 days. Then I'm away on holiday for 2 weeks. No one to help out whilst I'm away so reading a couple of articles on boveda packs and with the good reviews I decided to buy 10 packs of 62's and 10 49's because I have no idea of the humidity I will still be faced with after 4-5 days of drying. I am not too confident of drying for 5 days and then manicuring and then tubbing up for two weeks without burping with a 62 pack. Does anyone have any experience with 49 packs and can tell me if it can work with me going on holiday? I mean in theory can I put 49 packs in with my bud and go away for two weeks and not come home to tubs full of rotten mouldy bud. This would not be good!!

Thank you in advance for your time,
Never tried it but ur logic is sound. Have fun on ur trip

Tnelz

Tnelz

After hanging I've used 62s for a while.hanf then jar with a couple in the jar. After a week I remove them. Now that the 49s are available I'd use the 62 for a week then the 49 for another or even just leave it in there.better to get a slow dry first though. I realize ur not able to do that. This time I'd say it will work but in the future I'd go for a longer dry first. Good luck man!

fishwhistle

fishwhistle

Id use 62s,49 is way to low,i tried some of the 54s awhile back and they were to low.You can leave the packs in a long time too,just try not to expose them to alot of air,double up on your packs for extra peace of mind.

Tnelz

Tnelz

Id use 62s,49 is way to low,i tried some of the 54s awhile back and they were to low.You can leave the packs in a long time too,just try not to expose them to alot of air,double up on your packs for extra peace of mind.
Good to know. I've used the 62s a long time but find they are just a tad to wet. However once removed and just left in a sealed jar for a couple weeks things end up perfect. Thanks for the info bro.

G gnome

G gnome

Good to know. I've used the 62s a long time but find they are just a tad to wet. However once removed and just left in a sealed jar for a couple weeks things end up perfect. Thanks for the info bro.
I agree. A lil moist fer my tastes. The 62's werk well fer me tho. What i do is keep the 62s in the larger storage jars and pull out a cpl days worth at a time . It isnt long b4 it dries out to my liking

fishwhistle

fishwhistle

If you take a bud out of a 62 jar and let it sit out for about an hour or so its perfect.62s are actually a tad to wet for me also which is why i tried the 54s (not sure if they still have them)but they were too dry for me so now i just pull out what i need and put it in my tray for a bit.Easier to take a little moisture out then put it back in,I also think alot depends on your local conditions,its pretty arid here so bud can get crunchy fast.

Last edited:
L

leelee84

Thanks guy's, so no real negatives to my theory apart I should have planned my life a little better. My mind is a bit at ease now. I think I will just do the dry for 4-5 days and then manual cure (burping) for 4 days then clench my bum for 2 weeks with 49's and then rejuvenate with 62's when I get home. Sound okay?

ShroomKing

ShroomKing

Best of luck. Peace
Thanks guy's, so no real negatives to my theory apart I should have planned my life a little better. My mind is a bit at ease now. I think I will just do the dry for 4-5 days and then manual cure (burping) for 4 days then clench my bum for 2 weeks with 49's and then rejuvenate with 62's when I get home. Sound okay?
Just a thought.

Let it grow up untill day of trip. Then chop and hang whole plant. Come home , trim and jar it.

L

leelee84

ShoomKing, would that work in an attic? I mean it's quite ventilated. Would they not dry up in two weeks or the opposite have a chance of mould setting in? The weather is quite wet/windy at the moment and for the foreseeable future.

L

leelee84

ShroomKing, Thanks for this advice. When you say slow dried to perfection, does this mean I wouldn't have to cure and it?

ShroomKing

ShroomKing

Best of luck. Peace
ShroomKing, Thanks for this advice. When you say slow dried to perfection, does this mean I wouldn't have to cure and it?
I'm just saying that if it's cool and vented in your attic, without worry of freeze. You might be safer hanging the whole untrimmed plant for 14 days then jarring it for curing; than you will be with a 5 day dry followed by jarring without burping for two weeks. This is totally depending on your areas relative humidity during the 5 days of drying. If it's low you might be ok. But normally 5 days of drying isn't enough.

Best of luck. Peace

L

leelee84

I will just hang for the 2 weeks then, I'm sure it will be fine. I will report back with my failures/triumphs. Thanks again!!

chinqlinq

chinqlinq

I've been using the 62's in home depot buckets with the sealed lids to cure and it works perfect. Use about 3 big packs (87 grams i think?) per #.

They're very useful and reuseable as long as they don't dry out

Snake Oil

Snake Oil

You can rehydrate bovedas. I put a dried out one in a glass of water a quarter full with the boveda just above the water but not touching it and it rehydrated it after a couple days, then store it in a zip lock bag.

Snake Oil

Snake Oil

I just rehydrated my boveda again and this time it slipped into the water so I thought it was going to be ruined but it's not, I let it dry out for a day a now the outside is fine and it's holding more fluid than when it was new, as long as they don't leak these things seem to last forever.

Also I forgot to mention in my previous post to cover the glass of water with saran wrap so it creats a super humid environment so it rehydrates it self, but if you submerge it you should be fine without covering it.

Last edited:
Top Bottom