Boveda 54% Packs

• Thread starter rick ratlin
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
rick ratlin

rick ratlin

Perpetual Farmer
Supporter
So the new 54% packs are apparently out, and I haven't seen any discussion about them on the Farm. I have been using the 62% packs to recover product (especially airy sativas) that has become too dry with great success. However, the 62%, used to store product after a standard cure, keep the flowers nice and aromatic, but a touch too wet for my taste. Dense indicas and and frosty hybrids just don't do well for me with the 62% packs, maybe its because I live in a humid area.
54% is around what I think would be great for storage after a traditional cure. Has anybody experimented with these new 54% packs yet? I'll be ordering some soon, but amazon doesn't have too much selection yet.

Thoughts?

Last edited:
rick ratlin

rick ratlin

Perpetual Farmer
Supporter
Just checked the boveda site. Looks like they have all the size options that the 62% offers(8 gram medium, 60 gram large) except the micro packs (4 gram). Pricing is the same too. Amazon is only selling the 10 pack 8 gram size right now. I'll keep an eye out if they start offering the large.
On a side note, I wish Boveda would offer a size in between the large 60 gram packs and the medium 8 gram packs. I think a 25-40 gram size would be great.

parsnip

parsnip

These things don't work..tried the 62s after a mate from the UK gave me some, its way too much moisture. Use a desiccant like silica gel that's what I do for hash where I want zero moisture around

pharmafarmer

pharmafarmer

Would never use Boveda for MMJ :D I like the silica suggestion and seen it used before

Goodfuck

Ned Kelly

Ned Kelly

62% is good for curing and vaporisers but yes can be a little damp for other methods . still keeps it good . I have a medium that i think ill try 54 for immediate use but will keep 62 for storage and curing .

LordVane

LordVane

Wow..really? Don't you think even 54 is crazy high? Moulds and mildews will still grow at RH way below that mark. I'm surprised a product like this is popular..kinda goes against my understanding of storage, so yeah I'm skeptical - but hey, each to their own.

If they made a <10% I would look into it more.

Herb Forester

Herb Forester

Don't know what you guys are talking about, I just opened a jar from deep storage and it's perfect at 59%. For strictly vapor I could see going to 54. 10% and less is crumbs and dust.

Last edited:
Ned Kelly

Ned Kelly

my stuff keeps well at 64 but maybe theres a climatic difference . Had bud in it now for over 5 mths no mould no mildew and still smokes well only a bit of color loss .

Ned Kelly

Ned Kelly

Wow..really? Don't you think even 54 is crazy high? Moulds and mildews will still grow at RH way below that mark. I'm surprised a product like this is popular..kinda goes against my understanding of storage, so yeah I'm skeptical - but hey, each to their own.

If they made a <10% I would look into it more.

at 10% i reckon the structure would break down like any bud thats been over dry . IMO

admiralcornp

admiralcornp

from the "OFFICE MANAGER"

We released the 54% product due to requests for something lower than the 62%RH for cannabis, only when released to the public did we notice that the solution would harden when exposed to temps lower than about 68 degrees. The Boveda was still working and would usually soften to the normal texture after warming to 68 degrees or higher. But some didn't, so we pulled it from inventory.

While we worked hard on a replacement formula, it doesn't perform with the same stability as the 62%, meaning that it didn't start and end at 54% (the 62 starts and ends at 62). Because we want to keep wowing our customers with great products, the 54 didn't satisfy our requirements. So until further notice, the 54 is permanently discontinued.

The 59% formulation is manufactured for a specific client and is not available to any other consumers or retailers at this time.

Thank you very much for your business, our hard work on new products to make your life better continues!

Regards,

Matt Osmundson
Office Manager
Boveda Inc.
https://ssl.invalid.com/ui/v1/icons/mail/images/cleardot.gif

fishwhistle

fishwhistle

I tried the 54% but i liked the 62% better after trying both,now im questioning if the 54 was even working right?The 62s a little moist but the bud is perfect if you leave it out for an hour or so before using.

Top Bottom