Boveda 54% Packs

• Thread starter rick ratlin
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
admiralcornp

admiralcornp

so far the 54 has been in the full lg cvault for 15 hours, seems a bit wetter than the 62, but I will give it a couple days to even out.

Guy said 62 start and end at 62 but the 54 were not as consistant.

ralphy

ralphy

How do these work? You dry your bud first then place in ziplock with a boveda? 62% RH etc seems high considering 10% mositure is about where you want your buds moisture content?

sensicloud

sensicloud

Accidentally bout some 72s at ashop the other day. Imo they worked the same as the 62s on the small amount I had. Seems like a 57 or 54 would be perfect for summertime though, hvavent seen em yet

PLOOKERKING

PLOOKERKING

Can one of you who are good at curing take me under there wing sorta speak to teach me proper curing methods? Please?

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
Can one of you who are good at curing take me under there wing sorta speak to teach me proper curing methods? Please?
Heres a good tutorial. You will over time find your own sweet spot and can tailor your curing process to suit your needs.

I just popped a jar that was in long term storage with a vacuum sealed mason jar in a fridge and the smoke smelled and tasted as good as the day it went in after a 13 month time frame. I cure all my own head stash and meds at least 4-6 months.

Remember patience is the key to a good dry n cure. :D

Heres the link for drying and curing. http://www.growweedeasy.com/tips-tricks-curing-cannabis

Pimp T

Pimp T

I think over drying a tiny bit then using 62% is optimal. At least in my area last time I used 62%s right after drying it kept them slightly too moist very slight. Next time I'm going to dry normally then try the 54%s

PLOOKERKING

PLOOKERKING

Heres a good tutorial. You will over time find your own sweet spot and can tailor your curing process to suit your needs.

I just popped a jar that was in long term storage with a vacuum sealed mason jar in a fridge and the smoke smelled and tasted as good as the day it went in after a 13 month time frame. I cure all my own head stash and meds at least 4-6 months.

Remember patience is the key to a good dry n cure. :D

Heres the link for drying and curing. http://www.growweedeasy.com/tips-tricks-curing-cannabis
Preciate it Man, I have tried explaining the beautiful meds cures create but most folks I know who smoke don't have good patience. I've learned curing turns so-so into super duper if done right!!!

P

pharmer

Wow..really? Don't you think even 54 is crazy high? Moulds and mildews will still grow at RH way below that mark. I'm surprised a product like this is popular..kinda goes against my understanding of storage, so yeah I'm skeptical - but hey, each to their own.

If they made a <10% I would look into it more.
LordVane there is a difference between "Relative Humidity" and "moisture content in the bud". While <10% moisture content in the bud itself is good, RH of the air needs to be closer to 60% in order to maintain that desired moisture level within the bud.

xavier7995

xavier7995

I use the 62's to cure. Cut and hang for a week or so, buds feel dry on the outside but the stems (go with the medium sized ones) will not quite be to the point of snapping when bent. Then I trim it up and toss it loosely into jars with a boveda pack or two. For the first week or two I will pop the jars open to make sure everything seems to be going well and there are no issues.

Have some in a 1/2 gallon mason jar that has been sitting for about 4 months and is doing great.

Fresh out of a big jar with the boveda 62's is a bit to moist, but as someone else said, its fine after an hour or so in a regular environment.

Top Bottom