Boveda And Boost Packs For Curing

• Thread starter hawkman
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
H

hawkman

any one have experience with the "Boost" pack's? have experience with Boveda packs and found that they took the terepne'' and essential oils ( no taste/aroma) (did side by side cures) the Boost say they maintain potency & aroma ,ect The Boveda did keep product at a good RH (62%) but that'a all !

Monster762

Monster762

any one have experience with the "Boost" pack's? have experience with Boveda packs and found that they took the terepne'' and essential oils ( no taste/aroma) (did side by side cures) the Boost say they maintain potency & aroma ,ect The Boveda did keep product at a good RH (62%) but that'a all !
I've never used either but done a lot of researching and came to conclusion that none of them are good for cure. To long term store they will hold moisture but to initially cure everything leads to a perfect dry and just putting in the masons jars at the right time. Slow drying but fully drying without molding them then jarring.

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
Good topic!!!!

I have long felt that the bovedas do somehow affect terps and taste when used for long term cure or storage. I have noticed that all the terps seem to somehow end up in the packet leaving the buds in the jar sort of bland. And yes when the buds go in they are loud and have great taste to save some of you the wisecracks about the buds were bland to begin with.......:D

I raised this point a few years back and no one seemed to think I had a valid concern. I to this day dont know for sure........ but I dont use them for storage anymore.

Can anyone share if there is a sound technical reason this would happen, if so please share your theories. Of course when I asked boveda they said that my fears were unfounded. But my cynicism tells me of course they are going to say that. :(

Monster762

Monster762

Yeah it draws humidity out do it draws the funk out then when humidity is low it adds and then draws again so it stays at 62 or ehichever % pack you get. Meanwhile the funk is being trapped in the pack it doesn't go back in the bud

Monster762

Monster762

Yeah it draws humidity out do it draws the funk out then when humidity is low it adds and then draws again so it stays at 62 or ehichever % pack you get. Meanwhile the funk is being trapped in the pack it doesn't go back in the bud
That's my theory and it makes sense to me but I'm no scientist. I was going to get bovidas for my plants but after hours of reading and thinking I decided perfect dry is where it's at. I'm still trying to figure how to do the perfect dry.

Leew421

Leew421

The packs don't pass both ways. Terps definitely leave and don't go back. You smell the pack to give you proof

H

hawkman

WHAT RIP -- JUST THINK OF ALL THE GROWER THAT HAVE/WILL USE THEM AND up with WITH NO TASTING, SMELL POT --- BUT AT LEAST IT WILL GET ONE HIGH WE MUST PASS THE WORD !!!!!!!!!!!!! (but at 62 %or 55% RH -- OH BOY !!!!!

Top Bottom