Boveda Packs? anyone have any experience?

• Thread starter XxHammer
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
XxHammer

XxHammer

Just curious, Ive seen these in a couple of online videos but have not really seen them mentioned much online.

How do people feel about using their 62% rH packets?

My little corner store guy sells the smaller ones but they are 79's (for cigars) for 1.50$... He said he could order whatever kind I need at wholesale price at least.

Anyways. Feedback on how these things work?

Dub_City405

Dub_City405

I use them. They are nice. Get big jars put 1 in a jar.

M0nStarNuggety

M0nStarNuggety

Supporter
I used them once, molded a whole 2oz of quality nuggs. Won't ever use them again.

Backyard_Boogie

Backyard_Boogie

I used them once, molded a whole 2oz of quality nuggs. Won't ever use them again.
I gotta say man if your whole jar molded out like that it likely wasn't the Boveda that did it that jar would have probably molded without the Boveda pack. How long did you hang them up before you jarred them? A single Boveda pack won't mold up a jar unless there is some serious humidity in the jar already. I'm no Boveda die hard or anything but personally I have used them and they have done a descent job keeping flower from getting dried out. I would only put one in a jar if I knew it was gonna be stored for a long time to preserve it. I smoke my product within a month usually so no need for them. Others may have a need for longer storage. I wouldn't throw Boveda under the bus for that, there is no way you will have problems with a Boveda packet if your flower has been dried to the proper level before jaring. The only exception to this is perhaps if you got a defective Bodega packet or one that was labeled incorrectly and was actually a higher humidity. If this was the case then obviously it wasn't your fault. If so then Fuck Bodega those bastards! LOL 😂

M0nStarNuggety

M0nStarNuggety

Supporter
I gotta say man if your whole jar molded out like that it likely wasn't the Boveda that did it that jar would have probably molded without the Boveda pack. How long did you hang them up before you jarred them? A single Boveda pack won't mold up a jar unless there is some serious humidity in the jar already. I'm no Boveda die hard or anything but personally I have used them and they have done a descent job keeping flower from getting dried out. I would only put one in a jar if I knew it was gonna be stored for a long time to preserve it. I smoke my product within a month usually so no need for them. Others may have a need for longer storage. I wouldn't throw Boveda under the bus for that, there is no way you will have problems with a Boveda packet if your flower has been dried to the proper level before jaring. The only exception to this is perhaps if you got a defective Bodega packet or one that was labeled incorrectly and was actually a higher humidity. If this was the case then obviously it wasn't your fault. If so then Fuck Bodega those bastards! LOL 😂
It was the pack. All my other jars remaining were perfect. They were dried and stored for close to a month. I was in an out of that jar alot because it was yummy. Was getting a bit dry compared to the others. Added a pack and left it, within a week I had fresh white mold inoculating the whole jar.

GrowHobo

GrowHobo

Guy I used to trim for put them in stuff that was getting too dry they work well for that. Turned older stuff a weird color after a long time ( kinda brown) so I certainly wouldn’t use a bunch with large quantities. Vac seal is best imo. Bleached flour tortillas shells rehydrate also and they’re cheap and u can make tacos. Someone told me corn ones can cause mold. I dunno if that’s true though.

logdog

logdog

I use them for longer term storage after my cure is pretty stable usually 4-6 weeks after harvest, works great for me. I think some times people use them as a curing shortcut and run into problems. I've also heard that they can absorb aroma/flavor that hasn't been my experience.

Backyard_Boogie

Backyard_Boogie

It was the pack. All my other jars remaining were perfect. They were dried and stored for close to a month. I was in an out of that jar alot because it was yummy. Was getting a bit dry compared to the others. Added a pack and left it, within a week I had fresh white mold inoculating the whole jar.
dam that sucks. You got basically the 1 in 10,000 defective product. shitty luck. Too bad your luck couldn't have hit that when you were in Vegas instead lol. That is super rare I have never heard of anyone having issues with a Boveda like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom