box elder bugs

• Thread starter alf318
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
squiggly

squiggly

To Quazi's point--you might be able to attract them to a wall if you put a strong light on it to make it warm (like a sun facing wall).

You could put sticky traps all over said wall and might have an interesting result :)

Big Bruce

Big Bruce

Haha squiggly that's the thinking i like lol. Ok im gunna dab up today and when the lights come on im going in......zero dark thirty style

Quazi

Quazi

Target Identified.:dead:
800px Boxelder bug pittsburgh

Big Bruce

Big Bruce

right on quazi thats an adult right there i have plenty of dead ones now i just need to find the live ones!!!!!

cannabeans

cannabeans

Do you a have wood siding? Do you have a Boxelder maple tree in your yard? These are the 2 things they are most attracted to. When your garden warms up the walls this bring them out of hibernation. I know this becasue I lived in a small house with wood siding and a boxelder maple tree in the yard. We had a wood stove in the house and kept the place fairly warm. We would randomly find them during the winter in the house. When spring sprung they were all up in the house. Harmelss but gross! We called and exterminator and he asked me about the siding and the tree. When he showed up and poped of a piece of siding the were billions of them. Now I didnt count them but that is what it looked like.

rick ratlin

rick ratlin

Perpetual Farmer
Supporter
There is an invasion of Asian stink bugs (I think that's what they're called) that's moving westward from the east and I remember reading somewhere that they resemble box elder bugs.

Patriot has a thread on them, The New Bug or something like that it's called.

Hope you don't run into the Asian stinker, nothing will eat them, chickens included. We tried all last spring to get em gone, and just threw in the towel. This was all veggies though, don't know if they or box elders like cannabis or not.

G

Gnostic

had them the last two years even manage to see a couple earlier and later then there season due to ancient home and homes in area along with the trees in area. never had much real damage though. Remove by hand. diat. earth around home and under and around everywhere outside last year when it will be dry for a few days, when they were bad and the were decimated in a couple of days. diligence, and patience is the best application i have ever seen. seal it up!!!!!

icepick

icepick

Goto the local grainery and pic up some tempo sc ultra. They use it around food preparation areas and it kills everything. Spray around the room and let dry last for up 3 months.

Sailfishdan

Sailfishdan

i remember reading somewhere that you should kill them outside, something about a pheromone that secretes at times of stress/distress or death and it attracts more

I also remember reading that there are 2 different types one is predatory and one is a herbivore!

G

Gnostic

lived with them around whole life killing them is a lot harder than one would think. Sqiugly is right unless you are outdoors best for physical removal and a barrier. Diatomateous earth kills them by micro cuts on there soft under belly. the pesticides used to kill them should not be used on your crop period but if you do have an outdoor infestation please visit your local grain and feed store. the one the farmer of thousand of acres goes to and they can help. If their cool, not all of these pesticides like Avid are for sale to the general public.

example a few rounds ago I got a bad case of PM went to local guy 8 dollar later had enough T- Mythal to treat 100 gal. of water. saved and cured my mommas. long long treat and rinse but a cure. systemic and cheap.

Top Bottom