Brand new caregiver in need of help.

• Thread starter katiemarie
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
A

Alien Abductee

she's learning, like we all did at once, just on a larger scale hehe.

S

Shady Acres

of course, we're all learning new shit everyday but to be a complete novice and have others' health in your hands doesn't make any sense to me. that's the system that was created i guess

A

Alien Abductee

After working in dispensaries for a few years, I have come across a lot more shady merchandise than someone being a little new. Laced, covered in sugar and god knows what else.

She'll have some good product coming out with the help of the growers here, whats the harm in that?

K

katiemarie

Whatever Shady, did you see the title BRAND NEW? When you started you had it all figured out in the first 3 weeks huh?...I have learned a lot on my own but need some help. Also, lot of what I asked is to verify what others have said b/c there are a lot of real jerks out there.hmmm Almost all questions are about ph and watering, guess I should have bought a book and not verified/asked any questions
If you dont have anything nice to say you really shouldnt say anything. Ive never grown before so this is all new to me...sorry
Probably ust another dumb question but why does your profile say banned?

K

katiemarie

sorry about my reply to shady just a knee jerk reaction,,,oh well moving on.,,,,,
I went and got my soil FF ocean and Happy Frog, I was going to make my own with worm castings, lime etc but I figured if its not broke dont fix it they seem to be doing alright in that mixture.
you def have some good experience in soils do you do hydro as well? I think soil is a great way to get a good basic knowledge before attempting hydro.

A

Alien Abductee

Yeah I was a soil grower for 20+ years just now starting hydro in some waterfarms. I have a grow diary of my first plant in hydro, its just a baby now. FFOF is pretty good soil, i use mostly miracle grow now, since its a lot cheaper and I can pretty much grow in anything. Just have to know how to prep it, lime, etc.

Soil is a solid way to go and it seems a little more forgiving. hydro seems more exact and requires a lot more attention. I dunno, we will see hehe.

Here is my baby. I harvested a soil plant too its in my grow journal.

DSCN4843
K

katiemarie

Sweet, I know your xcited if its your first hydro, thats really cool. I m going to do it next go round but am going to study up lot on it before I do, you know what scares me the most about hydro is the water, electricity in the same enclosed area, If and when I do it Im going to make my room huge with plenty of space to move around with the buckets of water. May sound silly but I got electrocuted before and so am a little more paranoid about it I guess ha! Bbzzztttttt :)
I got a little upset about that guys post bc I have worked So hard on these plants and havent studied thahard since college, now if I would have taken horticulture it would have been cake lol. I have literally never grown anything. Ha!
Anyways keep me posted on your hydro grow and maybe shre with me sometime your homemade bucket setup, looks like an inexpensive way of doing it. I like it!
Hve a great nightalien, still repotting these 17 plants, almost done though, I added a touch of clonex to the water and thats all, read that a nitrogen foliage feed is nice for htem so the roots dont get stressed....thoughts on that???? and hey anytime you get tired of answering questions just let me know, its not what you say its how you say it is my motto....Seems you love the art of growing and enjoy sharing the love...and your knowledge

going to send updated pics...think I will wait about 3 days before giving nutes bc of the soil being so new...
just an FYI ...I did a test 3 plants blueberry diesel
1 w 100% FFOF
1 w/ 100% happy frog
1 w/ 50 50 mix
ll with 30% perlite
Both the 100% mixtures had weaker root growth and Much slower growth rates than the 50 50 mix, with larger internodal spacings...prety sure thats be FF is an ocean formula and HF is an earth formula so with the mixture they get the best of both worlds IMO. :)
PS... if I get 1.5 oz buds I will be dancing int he street~~~~ tee hee~~~~~!

A

Alien Abductee

I haven't transplanted for years, but yeah.. might be some nutes in the soil, good catch.

K

katiemarie

I think Im going to plant straight into the 5 gallons like you do... transplanting is a huge ordeal and I think its harder on the plant,

A

Alien Abductee

I think Im going to plant straight into the 5 gallons like you do... transplanting is a huge ordeal and I think its harder on the plant,

I think so too. I totally try to keep things stress free for the plant. Zen plants make best bud, by far.

A

Alien Abductee

Hows things going? surviving the heat? I spent most the day dropping ice cubes in my buckets. 104 high here.

A

Alien Abductee

Side nug of the alien dawg I cut down yesterday. :D I broke apart the main cola though, kinda hot and humid, didnt want it to mold.

Alien Dawg 10132011 2
K

katiemarie

For some reason I stopped getting updates from this site, wondered what happened to ya. Things are going pretty good, not hot here at all. Plants are thriving growing big and tall and look really healthy, going to put them in flower after I feed them some flowering food for about a week. Nice buds btw, hope all is well with you~
Any suggestions on flowering, I think I have the basics lower humidity, 12/12/ no nutes last 2 weeks, rinse soil well, 2 days dark before harvest, oh and dont put sugar on them :)
What else?

CrippledArcher

CrippledArcher

I don't think most would say to hit them with bloom nutes right off into flower. I asked this same question a few days ago and it seems most say week 1-3 in your flower you step them in gradually, Reason I was given as they stretch the still use a bit of N so you need to keep that up and roll off slowly. I have watched this thread and I can say the tapper down route seems very nice no shock and explosive growth . Just another Rookie though !

Top Bottom