Brand New Flower Room Help

• Thread starter Absurdity
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
A

Absurdity

Hey everybody, hope your grows are going well.

I'll be starting my first grow in the next couple months and need a little help making sure I'm not being dumb haha.

My plan is to have 2 1k watt hps (thinking genesis), with 2 sun system magnum xxxl air cooled hoods, with 2 e-fusion 1000w digital dimmable ballasts.

It'll all be on a 20 amp breaker so that may be an issue. Will also be using a 8 inch hurricane inline fan.

Let me know if that's going to be over on amps or better brands or whatever. I'd love any input you have to offer. Thanks in advance.

Happy farming

Canalchemist

Canalchemist

Off the top of my head, your fan should be under 2 amps and 1000 watts of ballast just over 8 each, so my math says you will be pushing that breaker on startup. You will definitely be less than 2 amps away from max which for me is a bit uncomfortable.

A

Absurdity

Off the top of my head, your fan should be under 2 amps and 1000 watts of ballast just over 8 each, so my math says you will be pushing that breaker on startup. You will definitely be less than 2 amps away from max which for me is a bit uncomfortable.
Yeah that's what I was concerned about. Fan will be 161 watts. So definitely under 2 amps. Still really close to max load. Is there a way to replace the fuse to gain more amperage safely?

Canalchemist

Canalchemist

You can replace the breaker if you know what your doing, you could easily die or start a fire if you don't, depending on what's already on that circuit upping the breaker size IMO is not wise unless your flower room is the only thing on the circuit. Meaning no other outlets etc. You do not want a 30 amp breaker on 14 gauge wire, you will certainly run into problems. My advice would be two run each light on a separate 15 or 20 amp circuit just to be safe. Hard to know what is best. If your room is next to the panel you would have more options.

A

Absurdity

You can replace the breaker if you know what your doing, you could easily die or start a fire if you don't, depending on what's already on that circuit upping the breaker size IMO is not wise unless your flower room is the only thing on the circuit. Meaning no other outlets etc. You do not want a 30 amp breaker on 14 gauge wire, you will certainly run into problems. My advice would be two run each light on a separate 15 or 20 amp circuit just to be safe. Hard to know what is best. If your room is next to the panel you would have more options.
Yeah I don't like the idea of fire or death lol; and I definitely don't know what I'm doing with electrical work.

Any suggestions for low amp ballasts?

straincreation

straincreation

Well if all else fail then some heavy duty extenstion cords is what i went with. I run my to lights on a 20 amp breaker. And run my six fans and t5 from veg room to another 20 amp breaker works fine.
Hapoy farmin;);)

fishwhistle

fishwhistle

Just run 1 light til you figure it out,lots of ways to go.240v line is what you need,doesnt save money but it cuts your amp draw in half allowing you to run more stuff.Always try to follow the 80/20 rule with electrical and dont use more than 80% of a circuit leaving 20% for safety(some will say 25%).So in your case 80% of a 20 amp circuit is 16 amps,dont exceed this and you should be ok.
1000w ballast is roughly 9 amps @120v and 4.5 amps@240v,Good luck!

A

Absurdity

Thanks for the responses, much appreciated. I'll be using a 8x4 tent so I'm thinking of just running 2 600s, maybe 3 but I really just want the 1ks. May need to run with the extension cord idea. It's at a buddy's house so I don't want to run a bunch of cords around his place

straincreation

straincreation

Thanks for the responses, much appreciated. I'll be using a 8x4 tent so I'm thinking of just running 2 600s, maybe 3 but I really just want the 1ks. May need to run with the extension cord idea. It's at a buddy's house so I don't want to run a bunch of cords around his place
U only need one that will hold the amps of your fans wih a power strip. Amps of your fans should be minuscule to the 20 amp circut.
Happy farmin;)

B

Beans

My flower room is same as my veg room...both 4x8 like your tent...I run light movers with 1k diamond luminarc 3 open hoods...one in each room...if I was starting from scratch again id do two 600s fixed with air cooled hoods... there will be plenty of light in an enclosed space like you have..i ran two 1ks in one room a few times...the gain from both 1ks in flower room wasn't worth it at the end

Latest posts

Top Bottom