Brand New Grow Room , Dwc And Soil. We Not Playin.

• Thread starter Midwestjay
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Midwestjay

Midwestjay

We are strictly rec growers. Over here helping a homie set up a grow room. Got started with a 600w hid and 2 dwc buckets and he knocked the plants out the park so decided to expand in a big way. Room is 4'x8'x8' with 3x 600w hid with cool tube. 4x 5 gal Dwc buckets. And 4-6 3gal soil pots. For ventilation were running 3x 250 cfm can fans and one 150cfm ceiling exhaust fan. So I think we will be good cfm wise. We are pullin cool air from basement into the room. And exhausting out of room. It has its own 30amp breaker for the lights, and a total 14 outlets wired into the grow room. Not a big grow, but it's done right. Eventually it'll be scrogged. We will be runing 1 auto among some feminized and reg seeds. So I'm sure there will be a couple males to pull. But 4x reg afgan, 2x reg candy jack, 2x reg strawberry cough, 1x bubba gift fem .And 1x fast seeds fax auto.
Brand new grow room  dwc and soil we not playin
Brand new grow room  dwc and soil we not playin 2
Brand new grow room  dwc and soil we not playin 3
Brand new grow room  dwc and soil we not playin 4

FrankieCoste

FrankieCoste

Hey bro, your set-up looks awesome!
Are these the pots you will grow in?
Is there any chance you could get some airpots, or some smart pots?
They will let much more air in. I used regular pots for the first 3 plants I grew, and I can definitely tell the difference now that I'm using airpots... The roots breathe much better now, I can see that from the shape of the plants!
If you really wanna use those regular pots you need many small holes in them for drainage AND to let the air in. Make sure your soil mix contains a bit of perlite or vermiculite to help retain water.
Hope this helps!
Peace brother

tattoojim

tattoojim

Unknown farmer
Supporter
They will let much more air in. I used regular pots for the first 3 plants I grew, and I can definitely tell the difference now that I'm using airpots... The roots breathe much better now, I can see that from the shape of the plants!
If you really wanna use those regular pots you need many small holes in them for drainage AND to let the air in. Make sure your soil mix contains a bit of perlite or vermiculite to help retain water.
Hope this helps!
Peace brother
Perlite is for airating, and verm is for water retention

Midwestjay

Midwestjay

Hope this helps!
Peace brother
For sure brother . Ima run with these post the first go round, we drilled a bunch of holes in them do hope that helps. But air pots are on the list. Just after installing a totally new breaker box, buying new lights and fans, 80lbs of soil, 2 dwc bucket set ups, and all the other lil shit, the net pots will prob make it in the next grow lol.

tattoojim

tattoojim

Unknown farmer
Supporter
For sure brother . Ima run with these post the first go round, we drilled a bunch of holes in them do hope that helps. But air pots are on the list. Just after installing a totally new breaker box, buying new lights and fans, 80lbs of soil, 2 dwc bucket set ups, and all the other lil shit, the net pots will prob make it in the next grow lol.
Don't waste your money on air pots man. A drill and a cheap pot, blamo airpot

Midwestjay

Midwestjay

Put one row in a ring around bottom. If there most drying fast enough for you. Put a second ring
Ok then I'll stop where I'm at. I'll take a pic when I get the chance. But there's basically 2 rings towards the bottom half and a few directly in the bottom. Thanks again y'all for all the help. Really appreciate it.

Top Bottom