Brand new grower doing out-in door both.

• Thread starter Dtraderbudz23
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
D

Dtraderbudz23

Hello my fellow bud enthusiasts! When I was a teenager I developed a love for growing. Unfortunately it was illegal and I got caught by my dad growing In the attic. 20 years later I can now grow without worry of going to prison.
I plan on growing two plants outdoor and two indoor to see which setup I like better. I’m not using auto flower I want the normal grow process I am a patient man. I also love to grow stuff in general flower veggies etc. I was given a lamp with a 1000 hps bulb from a friend for indoor which honestly is where my headache is coming from. I’ve read hps vs led threads till my eyes bleed. Hps will run my electric bill through the roof. But I got one for free so.. or I can look at dropping 300+ dollars for LED set up. And save on efficiency I suppose? My indoor grow will be in my basement which stays very cool all year round only 1 window on the far side down there. The back is dry cold and dark. My questions are do I really need a fancy tent I see all these people posting? I have like a good 8x 10 foot area back there. Can i not just put panda film on all sides and hang the lamp and call it a day? Not enclosed or anything. Again only growing 2 plants with air pots hopping to grow some nice bushes. I also have a big window in my office southern facing gets hit with the free sun all damn Day. Is there any negative effect on just posting them up by the big window and letting the sun do it’s thing? Compared to grow light in the cave downstairs?

Thanks for taking the time to read!

TSD

TSD

Environment is pretty important... but you can rig something up... I start mine in a closet and then they go out when it gets warm, I don't have a fancy tent or even an exhaust, just a fan, humidifier, and heat mat to keep the roots warm. I manage to keep the temp and humidity in the proper range. If it's cold in the basement, the hps might be the best bet if you don't have a heat source... but you also don't want huge fluctuations in temperature and humidity.
As for the window, depending on your climate, a window probably won't provide enough light... they need 18 in veg, at least 16, or they'll go into flower. Not having a consistent light schedule and environment can make them herm, or reveg, or just not thrive.

D

Dtraderbudz23

Also can I just use this 1000w hps bulb from seedling to harvest? Or should I get a different bulb for veg state

Latest posts

Top Bottom