Breaker Keeps Flipping...help In Alaska

• Thread starter 907debow1234
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
907debow1234

907debow1234

Attached pic of my breaker box... I'm running a 600hps. With old white heavy buzz box ballast, And a fan, t5. All in the same room. Not plugged into same sockets but spread out, from from side of room, and the otherside, Extension cord from hallway. And still throws breaker. ? Am i running too much, or bad wiring in the house?? Please help. Why is this happening. I've ran much more in a different location and never had this issue... now in this smaller cabin type house new issues is plaguing me....I live in Alaska so no power at anytime is a major issue.

20161204 144658
20161204 144658
GT21

GT21

I like soup
Supporter
Attached pic of my breaker box... I'm running a 600hps. With old white heavy buzz box ballast, And a fan, t5. All in the same room. Not plugged into same sockets but spread out, from from side of room, and the otherside, Extension cord from hallway. And still throws breaker. ? Am i running too much, or bad wiring in the house?? Please help. Why is this happening. I've ran much more in a different location and never had this issue... now in this smaller cabin type house new issues is plaguing me....I live in Alaska so no power at anytime is a major issue.
Those are all 20 amps on the wall

600=6amp maybe 7 at start up
Blower= 1amp
T5= 1amp

Could be a faulty ignitor in your ballast or a bad breaker... both cheap fixes. But ya.. you could shove all that on the same plug and should have no problem

Two.Bears

Two.Bears

One of four things is happening.

1. Yoy are pulling more amps than the breaker is Rated for

2. The breaker us old abd on its last legs and needs to be replaced.

3. The electric wiring is not Rated to handle that many amps.

4. Yoy are getting power spikes

All of them is BAD

START removing devices from that curcuit.
Then replace the breaker.

Still have issues call in an electritian

Dunge

Dunge

You need to understand a few things about household electric in order to figure this out.
Power enters the breaker box as 240 volts split into two sides (centered about your common or ground wire)
of your normal 120 volt delivery to wall sockets.
If the breaker is good, then there must be additional loads on that circuit, because 20 amps X 120 volts = 24oo watt.
This makes me think that the breaker is bad, because what in a cabin can draw that much power?

Changing a breaker is easy but not trivial. You need to turn off power to the box in order to work safely inside it.
This will put you in the dark, so figure out alternative lighting.

I too live in Alaska and have benefited from the lax regulations about electrical use. Power company instructions dictate meter placement, and do not concern themselves with what happens after that.

So you can do it yourself if you know what to do.
You can figure it out.

PS An electric stove or oven will pull lots of power, often at 240 volts.

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

I have an idea. I'm no electrician, but I've wired up my 2 house grows....with guidance of course.

Depending on what your amp svc is rated at, since you have 2 spots left in the box, run 2x 20 amp breakers, lines , sockets, and plug your grow directly into that. No more overloading the existing wall sockets. Not sure how easily 10/3 wire is, or sockets, ect in Alaska.

I won't f with wiring the cable I to the box. Screw that shit. My electrician buddy does that for me. I don't want to be a Krispy grower.

Top Bottom