Breeders flower times - are they true ?

• Thread starter hawkman
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
H

hawkman

there has always been some confusion with flower times . one must consider the the breeders has a dialed in their grow room - what are the factors that influence flower times?
Light ?
growing methods ?

Here are some things that folks say:
always add two weeks to breeders times
when you think it's done -add one week

Guess the best way is to use a loupe - go by pistals color - trichome color

P

Pike

Lots of claims of fast plants. Prolly grown thousand plants in 20yrs, never had a true 7/8wk plant, till recent, where the tric field is 90% cloudy with some ambers.

everyone’s different, one guy may like his smoke early, one likes it later. Pretty good sized harvest window overall On most lines. Within a population not every plant is gonna come in at the same time either.

first started growing, I would start taking samplers off at 8 weeks, checking to see how the plant would smoke early and then later on.

Edinburgh

Edinburgh

With autoflowers breeder times are false, an auto runs on her own time, they say 70 days but have chopped as early as day 55 and as late as day 127, but Ave time is 80 to 85 days from sprout.

BurnzYzBudZz

BurnzYzBudZz

HOWCan.i.helPYOU?
Supporter
there has always been some confusion with flower times . one must consider the the breeders has a dialed in their grow room - what are the factors that influence flower times?
Light ?
growing methods ?

Here are some things that folks say:
always add two weeks to breeders times
when you think it's done -add one week

Guess the best way is to use a loupe - go by pistals color - trichome color
Check the trichs. Those will never lie.

H

hawkman

With autoflowers breeder times are false, an auto runs on her own time, they say 70 days but have chopped as early as day 55 and as late as day 127, but Ave time is 80 to 85 days from sprout.
believe with auto's over 100days you start to loose thc amounts

bigbagofbuds

bigbagofbuds

I found in my limited experince maturity dates for cannabis given by breeders have similar accuracy to maturity dates as other vegetables given by breeders. Usually its what the package says plus or minus 2 weeks. Typically plants will be harvestable at the given time period, however wont be at peak for another week or two.

There are a huge variety of autoflower genetics out there, I dont think you can say that 100 days is too long without knowing other details about the seeds and the plants prior treatment. A stunted autoflower can easily take over 100 days to reach a harvestable state.

H

hawkman

I found in my limited experince maturity dates for cannabis given by breeders have similar accuracy to maturity dates as other vegetables given by breeders. Usually its what the package says plus or minus 2 weeks. Typically plants will be harvestable at the given time period, however wont be at peak for another week or two.

There are a huge variety of autoflower genetics out there, I dont think you can say that 100 days is too long without knowing other details about the seeds and the plants prior treatment. A stunted autoflower can easily take over 100 days to reach a harvestable state.
with commerical grows - their flower itmes are correct - harvest is a personal thing - In commerical grows they keep perfect temps, humity, ect that have a factor in flower times - basicly there are many factors in one's flower time

Happysmoke

Happysmoke

It has been my experience that most of the time, my plants are within reason of the time given. Usually within 10 days or less. I have not ever had any mature sooner yet. Once I had one go 3+ weeks longer. I have grown somewhere around 12-15 different strains so far.

Top Bottom