Breeders Math

• Thread starter seventhchild
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

seventhchild

if i cross a female Afghan x Thai with a male Naples x Durban how many different phenotypes will result?and how many if i breed the results together again ?

Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
Possiblity of 1000's, you basically open pandoras box with all the upstream genetics of every strain in the cross..

DJ Short had over 200 different and distict phenos of his blueberry when he was workin it and that was after years of selection..

Tex

CBF

CBF

Supporter
depends on how many plants ya use in the cross, less plants less phenotypes you would see in a generation compared to usin a crap load of plants.

but as Tex says, you could see quite a few also dependin on how ya break um down, as really each plant is a individual.

what ya describe is a 4 way hybrid, and phenotypes would also depend on how much those lines were worked, your F1 hybrid population prolly will look decent, the second gen you will see what your cross has to offer as far as phenotypes.

then there may bee plants pop up further down the road that you havent seen previously.

so to wrap that all up, your creatin a mutt:D

CBF

S

seventhchild

i like mutts . healthier , friendlier .:heart happy hunting

S

seventhchild

lets assume all four parents are land race strains:004:two indica , two sativa .the Afghan/Thai f1's would be fairly uniform say in bud size correct? same with the Naples/Durban. can you experienced breeders tell me the range of possible bud sizes that would result by breeding these two f1 hybrids together?:coffee happy hunting

S

seventhchild

:sign0065:one of you Mendelian types want to do the math? Please:sign0065:

Top Bottom