Breeding Auto Strains

• Thread starter D9420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
D

D9420

i have a couple Auto strains.
Short Stuff= William’s Wonder / Northern Lights No. 2 / Mexican Ruderalis.

SnowRyder= a hybrid of Lowryder and Snow White.

my question is mostly for the breeders. i was wondering if i crossed the auto's with a regular Fem or Male will the resulting seeds be Auto's or would i have to inbreed it for the Auto trait. im guessing the results would vary from Autos to regular plants. any info would be cool im very interested in making some high quality Auto Strains.

G

Gorrillagrower

I too am getting ready to embark on a auto flower breeding experiment. Im running LR2 at the moment and will be crossing it to some of the elite starains of our current time. Bubba Kush OG Kush ECSD and a couple other strains I am holding at the moment. Its my thought that within the first cross will be some that inheriat the auto gene and some that dont. Then you gotta take a auto flowering male and female from that union ( If you get one of each)and cross them. And so on and so on till you get that tru breeding. I have read in some threads that it will take up to 5 generations of to get a tru breeding auto.(any breeders feel free to correct me if Im wrong) Im thinking like Hastronaut said that some will also become shorter in flower time. I think that if I achieve that it will make some of these longer running elites suitable for Northern climates which have shorter growing seasons outdoors and if I make it a auto so much the better. I guess time will tell. This is gonna be a FUN experiment

D

drago

from what i have read you will need to go 5 to 7 gen's more the better.

D

D9420

ya so basically not worth it unless your an auto lover lol
i think i will stay with what i got
thanks D9420 :rauch08:

D

diesel

nice post, i have a friend whos fitting tw rounds in his greenhouse,this summer, diesel ryder and low ryder 2. He was gonna just pick the best mum and dad and cross them and do that every time. But he diden bother :P

It would be useful if the aut oflower gene would work with the elites though,.. i doubt it though and the problem is they arent very weighty.

peace

J

jlve187

I think crossing autos with autos will def bring auto seeds but i think you might have to do couple of generations to get true autos if you breed with something else

J

Jack Griffin

Honestly, i don't know very much about auto-flowering strains, either.
I mean, i know how they "work", but:
1. how long have AF strains been around?
2. Did they originate with Ruderalis?
3. I hear the potency is on the low end of the scale.
4. I am GUESSING the yield is pretty skimpy.

So, is this just a novelty strain like the penis-shaped Psilocybin mushroom strain?

Anyway, a friend smoked some AF and told me it wasn't all that potent.

Thanks, jack

D

D9420

So, is this just a novelty strain like the penis-shaped Psilocybin mushroom strain?

Thanks, jack

i agree there not the best but they are getting better and better the more they have been working with them. and now they started crossing it with real good strains so the results just seem to keep getting better. take the Auto AK-47 its a great Auto strain. so is the Diesel ryder
there real good for growing in the yard cause of the size you can put them into other foliage and they would not get noticed.

D

D9420

never heard of that! sounds and it looks very nice thanks for the post. just wondering if you know were they sell them i never seen them on the market. looks like something that will work great in my climate. im very interested in getting a pack if there available.
also how is the high on these ladys it must be similar to a indica high? :smiley_joint:

cause those autos i got are junk they get to under a foot probably get 2-4 grams per plant. i think there second generation rip offs one of the Lowryder#1 the other im not sure. i seen some sweet Auto grows the Auto AK is nice it get to 2 to 2 1/2ft. tall with big yields. and there very stable. but those do look like they yield well :cool0044:

420shaff

good idea I hope to hear more about it

it would be a great idea and a good way to stock up on ur seeds

D

D9420

thanks for this thread

I did the lowrider shuffle as the different ones came out..i was very disappointed.
The cross to ak47 finally seems like an improvement.

I got up to 2oz per with the Iran Early Season and that was in the woods and packed together.
Others have got 6oz per in better situations.Its a drgreenthumb strain.The all female thing was awesome for me.Theyall finished at the saem time i didn't have to go around pulling males,yes indca type high.
I have been working hard the last week, i am very tired, but it paid off.
Guerilla work is tough on old bones.

cool thanks for the info im gonna look into these!!
yea guerilla gardening is allot of work but if you do it rite it pays off big time.

S

southernstoner

its my understanding that the f1 seed from an auto x non-auto cross will show no autos but will finish early...the autos show up in the f2 seeds at 25%...of those 25% you select your male and female autos to cross for the f3 which should be full auto...if not then 1 more selective run will be 100% auto...SS

B

Bill Bloome

I got my Ganja Darfs for my micro-grow due to limited space.Once popped,they seem very robust and are growing well.I plan to use male and female to propogate and produce seedfor at least three generations ,then cross them with an Afghani x NL strain I grew outside for years.If I can get the auto flowering and small size from the Dwarfs with the high potency of my Afghani,I would consider the experiment a roaring success!

Dr. Detroit

Dr. Detroit

Thanks, jack

Hi, I'm new to this forum, but not to the game. I'm an in-house breeder\grower at one of the greatest medical cannabis collectives in Southern California. For the previous year I've been obsessed with Ruderalis'.

Being a premier location, we work with a testing company (The Werc Shop) to determine potency and THC-CBD balance in my work. I'm told that Spain is the hotspot for autoflowering right now. Despite my industry connections, I am yet to meet another breeder working with the autoflowering trait here in the States though.

I'll do my best to answer your questions.

1. Ruderalis' have been around forever. They're likely the most primitive form of cannabis, and therefore the earliest.

2. There's an ongoing argument on whether the modern autoflowering strains are actually of the Ruderalis subspecies, or if they were just selected artificially through the Indica line through generations of early-ripening selections. The latter is what both DJ Short and I believe, but for practical purposes I'll refer to anything with an autoflowering trait as Ruderalis.

3. My last autoflower tested came in at 11% THC, so it's comparable to most average strains. Blue Dream, for example is nearly always just under thirteen percent THC, no matter the grower. Test results are pending for my newer cross, and I suspect that it will be quite higher.

4. I use a purposely restricted grow environment for my Ruderalis breeding. Low light, full spectrum, all organic, yet stable. This is part of a methodical, systemic approach to these unique plants needs with an eye on the far horizon future of my crop. Under these conditions I'll always get just over an ounce (final dried) in about 63 days. Outdoor in our amazing California sun I'll often get over a quarter-pound in about nine weeks, depending on season.

X

xchronic420

Dr. Detroit sounds real good what your doin bro there sum real nice autos out there from sweet seeds short stuff seeds lowlife and lowryder sum are 19%thc and will give 250 grams a plant outdoors in spain if you live sumwhere sunny like spain u can do it if you live in england u will get a oz a plant outdoors of real good stuff but u need to ferterlize from the get go i.e canna start and rhizotonic so your plants get a real good start in life if thay finish from 8/10 weeks from seed i use canna start rhizotonic every time i water mother earth grow and bloom from advance nutrients and bloombastic and sum bat guano and i get 50 to 60 grams dry in england and its beter to let them go as long as u can well when u look under the scope i like 25% amber on my stuff but its all up to the grower i say autos will b here to stay not every one has the space to grow big plants outdoors or if u need fast smoke till your main crop is reddy hope every one on the farm is ok to peace love and thc

M

mattman

Soooo... question is???? where can someone get their hands on this miracle auto? Iranian auto or w/e

Top Bottom