" Breeding For Dummies "

• Thread starter Calicannabiseed
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
C

Calicannabiseed

1. Buy Elite clone
2. Cross Elite clone with well known variety from a real breeder.
3. Start seeds from cross.
4. Clone each seedling
5. Give out the all the seedlings to a many people.
6. 90 Days later the people return with results (Buds).
7. Pick the best one and identify corresponding clone.
8. Mother out clone and take 1000 clones.
9. Reverse 1 clone.
10. Flower remaining 999 clones.
11. Place newly reversed male in to room with 999 clones of same variety.

Blaaaaammmmo! You have bomb ass feminized seeds now.

My Question To You........Is this Breeding?

Breeding for dummies
B

bobman

Anybody in particular your talking about or is this an indictment of the industry as a whole.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Bob, I'm gonna take "indictment on the industry as a whole" for $1,000, please!

B

bobman

Bob, I'm gonna take "indictment on the industry as a whole" for $1,000, please!

Funny. Buying genetics is minefield today. I think a good idea would be to start an association of breeders and seeds producers with an industry standards and a seal of approval. But I believe that is still not a viable option, yet. I really want try some good quality cali genetics i.e. kushes and chems from seed but the more I read the more I am confused. I going to buy something real soon but I really don't want to waste my time and space.

C

Calicannabiseed

Funny. Buying genetics is minefield today. I think a good idea would be to start an association of breeders and seeds producers with an industry standards and a seal of approval. But I believe that is still not a viable option, yet. I really want try some good quality cali genetics i.e. kushes and chems from seed but the more I read the more I am confused. I going to buy something real soon but I really don't want to waste my time and space.

Bob I think your approach is feasible and necessary for this emerging monster that the Cannabis world has become.

B

bobman

Yea, I think things need to start being neatly tied together. I think commercial medical growers need to unite, because the dispensaries have got way to much power. I think dispensaries need to unite in order to control quality and distribution and I think breeders and seed producers need to unite for obvious reasons. I think all three could be brought together in a non profit of some sort and really have a presence for the future of marijuana cultivation.

DeRail

DeRail

OK i will start. I crossed white fire with a Top dawgs white kush male and now need to get rid of all the cuts. due to the building inspector walking through the house during the construction. I just moved to the area and don't know anyone to give them to. and that would save me a nice pheno cut.

M

Morals

1. Buy Elite clone
2. Cross Elite clone with well known variety from a real breeder.
3. Start seeds from cross.
4. Clone each seedling
5. Give out the all the seedlings to a many people.
6. 90 Days later the people return with results (Buds).
7. Pick the best one and identify corresponding clone.
8. Mother out clone and take 1000 clones.
9. Reverse 1 clone.
10. Flower remaining 999 clones.
11. Place newly reversed male in to room with 999 clones of same variety.

Blaaaaammmmo! You have bomb ass feminized seeds now.

My Question To You........Is this Breeding?

That is not really breeding at all. Sounds more like a hack job and avoiding actual work. Also you never mentioned any testing and making feminised seed is sacrificing the genetic integrity of a strain.

C

Calicannabiseed

That is not really breeding at all. Sounds more like a hack job and avoiding actual work. Also you never mentioned any testing and making feminised seed is sacrificing the genetic integrity of a strain.

You say that's not breeding but that is exactly how many " Top Breeders " or the ones made popular by High Times and Skunk Mag do their work. I know this because I do, that's all I will say. Feminizing does not sacrifice the integrity of Genetic traits but focuses on them. Does it hurt the gene pool on the whole though?

C

Calicannabiseed

Calicannabiseed. Feminizing does not sacrifice the integrity of Genetic traits but focuses on them. Does it hurt the gene pool on the whole though?

>glad you now think so my friend

p.s.

there is no canna gene pool..its more of a disconnected river

there are people who besides playing with s1's are also reproducing rare landrace sativas from 35 yrs ago.

with your list i thought most steps were not too bad except the out crossing to
somebody ["real" breeder] elses hack job.

to throw another thought into the fray..the best genetics i have had were generally from small growers..well except for what i got from Nevil in 1989
which was dang good stuff.

again a thanks for the Homer Simpson..anyone who can eat potato chips in space @ zero gravity ..like him

has to be a real breeder.

Disconnected river is a great description. I know there are breeders working with 35 year old Sativas......I am one of them haha. Im a currently tring to pop some 25 year old jamaican Lambsbread seeds. Just got my GA3 in the mail. Wish me luck!

Homer is my Hero!!

G

grenbone

Disconnected river is a great description. I know there are breeders working with 35 year old Sativas......I am one of them haha. Im a currently tring to pop some 25 year old jamaican Lambsbread seeds. Just got my GA3 in the mail. Wish me luck!

Homer is my Hero!!

I would love to see some Lambsbread! Did you smoke the buds that your seeds came from?

Top Bottom