Breeding for whorls

• Thread starter Sativied
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Sativied

Sativied

Ruler of the Whorled
Supporter
You gave me an idea Geo, since I got plenty of the seeds I will pop more than a few dozen, at least a hundred, to see if there are not seedlings expressing pleiocotyly. That will allow me to pick any exceptional frosty seedlings as well.

Sativied

Sativied

Ruler of the Whorled
Supporter
Happy new year Geo

My first sport of the year:
View attachment 559611 11 leaflets (opposite side has 7, as in 4th set of leaves)
View attachment 559610
View attachment 559609

Posted those in geo's thread, found a few more on other plants while topping them. Not really happy with it, makes it look like an unstable mutant (which it is). I doubt it matters in flowering though. Would be more interesting if it were really consistent.

Dajum

Most leaf frost I've seen so far.

It's been 15-16 days since they popped the soil. Topped them all down to 6 branches.
Topping1
Topping2

After:
Topping3

Topping4

geologic

geologic

Old Pharmer
Supporter
You gave me an idea Geo, since I got plenty of the seeds I will pop more than a few dozen, at least a hundred, to see if there are not seedlings expressing pleiocotyly. That will allow me to pick any exceptional frosty seedlings as well.
I haven't had a tricot or a quadcot in a very long time--
think I'll pop a few thousand extra seeds this round...

Sativied

Sativied

Ruler of the Whorled
Supporter
I haven't had a tricot or a quadcot in a very long time--
think I'll pop a few thousand extra seeds this round...
Now we're talking :cool:

I will raise your few thousand with... Actually, I don't have that many left. Probably about a thousand of the CHxCH but 100 should fit in my veg box.

Will select and pop them in a few days. Some are big and weird, which probably doesn't matter but worth a tri...

I'm not Geo, (Natures Way Genetics AKA Unknowngrower420) but this sounds interesting, I'll be pulling up a chair as this progresses.
Welcome :)

Og Gong

Og Gong

Rip Geologic
Now we're talking :cool:

I will raise your few thousand with... Actually, I don't have that many left. Probably about a thousand of the CHxCH but 100 should fit in my veg box.

Will select and pop them in a few days. Some are big and weird, which probably doesn't matter but worth a tri...

Welcome :)
I'll be pulling up a chair with my notebook :bookworm:.

geologic

geologic

Old Pharmer
Supporter
I had 30 years worth of seeds,
individually packed an' labeled;
tore open the first 25 years and threw 'em all together,
got about a gallon:
El Niño has arrived,
I may be too old to walk the foothill ridges--
but I've got deer hunter friends...

Seed1

[I'll pop more recent ones...]

geologic

geologic

Old Pharmer
Supporter
I had 30 years worth of seeds,
individually packed an' labeled;
tore open the first 25 years and threw 'em all together,
got about a gallon:
El Niño has arrived,
I may be too old to walk the foothill ridges--
but I've got deer hunter friends...
[I'll pop more recent ones...]
Well, forty years ago I woudda done that myself;
but I reckon I'll just see how many I can pop here--
hunting for Pleiocots...
----------------------------
The last 6 years worth of seeds from the best plants--
have been kept refrigerated:
SeedToo

Sativied

Sativied

Ruler of the Whorled
Supporter
I'm going to wait with the pleiocot hunt till I'm 100% on what I'm popping. I'm certain the plants I got in flower now from the CHxCH bag are ICExCH instead. Except for 1, the long sativa is definitely CHxCH. So much better than the ICE x CH.

That however does not prove the ICExCH bag are all CHxCH, like the 13 plants in veg. I don't think the original ICE female hermied as I suggested earlier could be an option, as I would have had a much larger female to male ratio if that were the case, but can only be certain once I flower these 13 plants.

Point is, if I'm going to pop 100 seedlings I want to know if it's CHxCH only instead of wasting time again on the ICE cross plants. Going to push the ones in flower to the side, trim fans and branches if needed, and make space for the new batch.

IH1

Even the curly stigmas pheno smells like ICE (meaning it does not smell much at all, just grass)
Ih2curly

IH3

This one appears to be a mix between ice and CH instead of leaning to one side, smells 'ok' but is skinny compared to others.
IH4

Leafy tri:
IH5

I'm going to harvest these as soon as I can and move on to better genetics asap. By the time these are ready (3 weeks roughly) the new 13 (hopefull at least 5 females) should be transitioning.

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
I'm going to wait with the pleiocot hunt till I'm 100% on what I'm popping. I'm certain the plants I got in flower now from the CHxCH bag are ICExCH instead. Except for 1, the long sativa is definitely CHxCH. So much better than the ICE x CH.

That however does not prove the ICExCH bag are all CHxCH, like the 13 plants in veg. I don't think the original ICE female hermied as I suggested earlier could be an option, as I would have had a much larger female to male ratio if that were the case, but can only be certain once I flower these 13 plants.

Point is, if I'm going to pop 100 seedlings I want to know if it's CHxCH only instead of wasting time again on the ICE cross plants. Going to push the ones in flower to the side, trim fans and branches if needed, and make space for the new batch.

View attachment 562582

Even the curly stigmas pheno smells like ICE (meaning it does not smell much at all, just grass)
View attachment 562585

View attachment 562584

This one appears to be a mix between ice and CH instead of leaning to one side, smells 'ok' but is skinny compared to others.
View attachment 562583

Leafy tri:
View attachment 562581

I'm going to harvest these as soon as I can and move on to better genetics asap. By the time these are ready (3 weeks roughly) the new 13 (hopefull at least 5 females) should be transitioning.
I think I will pull up a chair and learn something new myself. Whorled Phyllotaxy. This should be good. :cool::smoking:

Sativied

Sativied

Ruler of the Whorled
Supporter
Some more ICE x CH shots...

I call this one Nasty Indica, it smells foul and looks like IH1 (first female of ICE x CH) which I threw away after drying.
Nastyindica

Some lower buds a better pheno, not too bad.
IH6

A block of ice...
Frostblock

It has the exact same structure as the two that hermied (one this round and the IH5 in tubes couple of years ago), but, it's still clean.

From a small P-F1 female carrying P-F2 seeds, smells delicious sweet pine
MomF2

Frostyleafy

MomF2 abaxialfrost

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
Your P-F1 looks to be a good concentrate candidate, Looking Pretty Greasy! It's been a long time since I have seen any good Piney smoke around here. Mid "80's" (giving away my age)
I'm diggin the frost factor!
Would give my left nut to get some cuts of the ole xmas tree bud. Twas a decade of decadence it was. :smoking::cool::D

Sativied

Sativied

Ruler of the Whorled
Supporter
Your P-F1 looks to be a good concentrate candidate, Looking Pretty Greasy! It's been a long time since I have seen any good Piney smoke around here. Mid "80's" (giving away my age)
I'm diggin the frost factor!
I missed the bonus hash I get from the trim already, imcludes the P-F3, and the ICE (also x CH) cross I've grown. With the P-F2 and F3 I was really set on stabilizing the pine taste/smell and breed out the cannalope grape-ish smell which was easier than expected (the pine is strong in the males too), but once at F3 it came at the cost of a few other traits, like an abundance of frost. I popped all the F2 I had (only 65 or so) for F3 so I'm restarting from F1 again, this time trying to keep the frost factor high.

The pine taste and smell is very pungent and distinct in my P cross, clearly recognizable during veg already. Some in the F2 tasted too dark, too pungent, unpleasant even. I selected towards a slightly sweet pine and hope that will work again. At some point I will cross it with a more hazy variety or CH pheno in an attempt to combine that pine with a hazy undertone, it's currently more skunky.

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
Guess I'm a bit of a dumb azz today.... LOL @geologic gave me the dang link and then I'm asking him to keep me in the loop. Been a long days folks. :speechless:

Sativied

Sativied

Ruler of the Whorled
Supporter
They sure appear to be the CHxCH so far. I've vegged these in the center of the closet on 2x2' in 4x4' space, with the other plants in flower all around it (which I removed for 6 hours per day so they remained 0n 12/12), from 18/6 to 14/10 today, switching to 12/12 tomorrow. I expect them to stretch quite a bit, perhaps a bit more than usual since they are under 600w hps, but still create long colas that fill up. Haven't sexed them yet, hoping to get at least 6 females out of the 13.
Wp

Sidefield

Topviewfield

First ICE x CH is almost ready for harvest, need space for the above so it's going down soon.
Almostready

It's one of the black phenos (had some nights of 50-60). The deep purple black sure makes more sense in ICExCH than CHxCH...

One of the (CHxCH) tris from the new batch:
3xtri

3 out of 5 tops are tri whorled. Also got one with 6 tops of which 5 are whorled. Lots of tri and whorl action in most plants. And...

This branch turned into a quad... or tetrawhorled:
Tetrawhorled

And then became pentawhorled:
Pentawhorled

Last edited:
Sativied

Sativied

Ruler of the Whorled
Supporter
It would be interesting to see it flowered out and tested, to see if it's a Verified Polypliody Strain as well, It could be the next
"Cup Winner" you never know....
I've flowered out quite a few over the past years, most are in this thread. It's not a polyploid. Most polyploids express whorled phyllotaxy but plants with whorled phyllotaxy are rarely polyploids, it would be noticeable in numerous additional ways.

Very nice. Hows that for positive vibezzzz.......... :cool: Good work your doing @Sativied :smoking:
Thanks man.

Just looked for preflowers, found two females and 4 males, couple of others that are likely male too. The males always show first in my crosses so I hope the rest is female. Won't be able to fill the closet with this, wasn't the plan either, but I have seen enough to be able to determine these are indeed the CHxCH, the stretch and the super slender leaves in the axials only add to that, so I'm going to start that polycot hunt soon.

Top Bottom