Breeding Jedi death star seeds

• Thread starter Clearbluesky
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Clearbluesky

Clearbluesky

I'm not a seed breeder, but I did want to make a cross.
I used a female Jedi glue and a female death Star plants.
So I took female pollen from the Jedi glue plant and put it on my death Star plant and got my feminized seeds.
Then I grow one and self pollinated it and got about 150 seeds.
Which I call it Jedi deathstar and the seeds are very hard to grow, might get 1 plant to grow out of 15 sprouted seeds.
The one's that don't want to grow leaves turn purple underneath and leaves curl.
Here's picture of one that is growing good and one that is growing how all of them do mostly. If I want to keep this one going looks like I need to take clones from good plant

Breeding jedi death star seeds
Breeding jedi death star seeds 2
Clearbluesky

Clearbluesky

I know I'm not a seed breeder but I'm going to keep this one going for a mother plant.
I just was wondering did I make a bad cross to where the cells in the seedling just have big problems.
I would just like to hear from a experienced breeder what I did to cause the seedling not wanting to grow. Thanks for any replies.

Clearbluesky

Clearbluesky

Also once I clone the plant I will give some away for free, I would like to spread my clone , I live in southern Ohio.

Clearbluesky

Clearbluesky

Here's my Jedi deathstar photo plant that's 25 days in to flowering filling out very nice.
I sent some of my seeds to Oregon to a man to grow and let me know what he thinks of the cross and work with it.
I'll see what he has to say months down the road.

Gtglicky3

Gtglicky3

Here's my Jedi deathstar photo plant that's 25 days in to flowering filling out very nice.
I sent some of my seeds to Oregon to a man to grow and let me know what he thinks of the cross and work with it.
Plant looks amazing buddy I love the Star Wars theme! Im currently collecting Marvel named strains to grow together on my next next round. If you wanna make a trade pm me I would love to give them a go around.
Im gonna be starting a new Thread next week or so of seeds I got from people here at the farm as a grow diary

Clearbluesky

Clearbluesky

Thanks for the offer, but I'm going to let the Oregon man who works with crosses figure out why it's so hard to start and get going into veg and see if he back crosses it or whatever he does before I put anything out to people to grow think it's only fair for me to let him work with it.

Gtglicky3

Gtglicky3

Thanks for the offer, but I'm going to let the Oregon man who works with crosses figure out why it's so hard to start and get going into veg and see if he back crosses it or whatever he does before I put anything out to people to grow think it's only fair for me to let him work with it.
All good man I do breeding as well are you sure you’re letting the seeds mature enough like there nice a dark and don’t pop if you pinch them between you fingers? Back crossing has nothing to do with the seeds not growing there has to be another issue. Do you cold cycle them at all? Like put them in your fridge for a day?

Gtglicky3

Gtglicky3

Like especially if your plant looks like that and has that big of buds on day 25 it makes no sense why the other seeds wouldn’t work there like impressively big for day 25. Like how? What medium do you use and what do you feed them? Maybe your mix is to hot for seedlings

Mr Bee

Mr Bee

The problem with growing from seeds all the time is you don’t know what your going to get. You could do a whole grow and all the phenoes are inferior quality to what you were hoping for. Plants from seeds are more vigorous for sure but as I say it’s a crap shoot on quality. I would just pop several seeds and when they get big enough take clones off em all and flower the plants from seed then keep the clones from the one that done best and if you still want better do a grow with half clones and and half seeds snd just keep they best clones until you find a pheno that meets your standard.
Is it the death star clone only you used or are they plants from seed? The desth star clone only is sour diesel x sensi star. Sensi star is a short stocky strain that grows quite slowly but is super dank. The plants your saying aren’t growing are most likely just sliw growing sensi star phenoes. It could be worth letting some grow out to see what the qualities like. Just grow a couple of small ones in a corner.

Clearbluesky

Clearbluesky

All seeds are super hard and black, no I didn't put the seeds in refrigerator to cool them down.
The problem i have is like the little plant above that grows and the leaves start to curl under like over watering and the under side of leaf is purple/red like temperature to cold which it isn't or a phosphorus problem .
Seeds need to soak for 24 hours to get them to sprout because of the hard shell and they all will sprout and grow then they just stop and start to curl and not do anything, but when I do get one to grow it grows good and node spacing is super close, when taking a clone and growing it the clones grow normal and fast and the node spacing is not so close in veg which is good.
I grow in promix and feed master blend 3 parts.
I have a journal on this plant from start to where it is at now on another site under inside grow journal title Jedi deathstar my name over there is clearsky.

Clearbluesky

Clearbluesky

I've grown cannabis off and on for over 40+ years, I made this cross because I want to share it, I live in Ohio so send some of the seeds to a person in Oregon because I have looked into has growing skills and what he does because this plant is very hard to get going into the veg cycle, he was going to use one of the parents of the deathstar to pollinate her and get regular seeds and see if that will give the plant vigor to grow in the veg cycle.
The know the photo on each seed can be different like one of the parents but so far the ones I have got through the veg cycle has looked the same.
Here's a picture of one of them I let go for 30 days in a solo cup so I knew it wasn't being overly watered and had a good root system but just wouldn't grow so got rid of it.
And here's a picture when this plant started to flower for the date to be seen.
And here's a picture of the plant 4 days after flowering.

I want to give clones away for free when I veg another one or after I harvest this one I will leave some buds on each lower branches to reveg so I have those clones to give out for free.

Screenshot 20240302 065529
Screenshot 20240302 065742
Screenshot 20240302 065843
Clearbluesky

Clearbluesky

Also here's a picture of one that makes it through the veg cycle which is growing now and one that doesn't and what all of them usually do.

Screenshot 20240302 080030
Screenshot 20240302 075951
Gtglicky3

Gtglicky3

I've grown cannabis off and on for over 40+ years, I made this cross because I want to share it, I live in Ohio so send some of the seeds to a person in Oregon because I have looked into has growing skills and what he does because this plant is very hard to get going into the veg cycle, he was going to use one of the parents of the deathstar to pollinate her and get regular seeds and see if that will give the plant vigor to grow in the veg cycle.
The know the photo on each seed can be different like one of the parents but so far the ones I have got through the veg cycle has looked the same.
Here's a picture of one of them I let go for 30 days in a solo cup so I knew it wasn't being overly watered and had a good root system but just wouldn't grow so got rid of it.
And here's a picture when this plant started to flower for the date to be seen.
And here's a picture of the plant 4 days after flowering.

I want to give clones away for free when I veg another one or after I harvest this one I will leave some buds on each lower branches to reveg so I have those clones to give out for free.
They look vary light in color like there hungry for Nitrogen. Just a suggestion but you could try mixing a little bit of rooting hormone to your water for the first two weeks and or 1 teaspoon of molasses to a Gatorade bottle of water either might help them out. I’m no stranger to stubborn plants currently growing 1 I had to dig out a wash then repot in new peat moss as a seedling.
I would definitely up you Nitrogen though kinda push the limits to see if it changes anything there already not growing good so it would be no big deal to try afew new things to be really sure it’s the seeds and not something else.
I’m only 33 so you been growing a lot longer then I been alive lol nice Rottweiler by the way. There’s my grow diary and afew pics of my problem child

https://www.thcfarmer.com/threads/new-autoflower-and-tester-seed-run.154690/

IMG 0578
IMG 0579
IMG 0580
IMG 0581
Clearbluesky

Clearbluesky

I'm going to load some pictures up because I guess there's some that don't believe I can have a plant looking like this in promix feeding master blend 3 parts, so here's 12 pictures with dates when I started to count the day of flowering.
Also there is some here on this site who do know me as clearsky on another forum so here's the dated pictures.

Screenshot 20240302 135634
Screenshot 20240302 135706
Screenshot 20240302 135744
Screenshot 20240302 135822
Top Bottom