Breeding Question and Hard to Find Strains

• Thread starter slmndl
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

slmndl

warning-newbie questions. Please don't flame.
Hope I am not committing more faux pas-so please let me know.
I am interested in "older school" strains and not modern
indica crosses. Maybe cause I'm an older type, not a young pup, and maybe because I have a day job that
requires me to be cerebral.... For example, I am trying to obtain a "pure" (or mostly) lemon thai and a "pure" oregon purple thai. I have located crosses. Is it possible to "refine" a cross "back" to a phenotype that is closer to one of the parents, for example if you have a PT cross with a "haze' can you select more PT phenotypes and breed those? My education is in biology but I am hopeless with
breeding genetics (wrinkled or yellow peas).
Thank you for suggestions.
Sara

S

Sway

there are seeds out there for you of landrace genetics that u want. just gotta search for them and meet the right people. trying to find a pheno from a hybrid that fully represents one of the parents only, could take years to find, and several hundred seeds.

BOSSMAN88188

BOSSMAN88188

I also have been on the search for some old school strains.
From what I can tell It just takes time and Knowing the right people.
I like the old Skunks, chocolate and lemon Thai.
I know someone has them all tucked away safely.

S

songbird420

welcome 2 the farm, i believe bodhi seeds is releasing a pure lemon thai shortly.

BOSSMAN88188

BOSSMAN88188

welcome 2 the farm, i believe bodhi seeds is releasing a pure lemon thai shortly.

I am watching for those for sure.
Thanks for the heads up.
I also saw some Skunkxxx on there.
They will have to wait till I buy some more from joes auctoin.

S

songbird420

No prob BOSS, I've tried egbc's lemon thsi offering which was a reworking of dutch flower's lt. very good gear. i remember sparkin a jay with my boy and one of his lightweight peops. The kid hit it three times, which apparently too much, he tried to get up to compose himself and one of his legs made a move that looked the Irish jig and he collapsed on the ground. Funny shit, thought it was gonna be the first time i was gonna have 2 call 911.

Latest posts

Top Bottom