Breeding questions

• Thread starter cruzin
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
cruzin

cruzin

I have 2 questions first one is about seed making. I know how to do it but my question is I bought some master kush seeds last winter and a family member who grows great indoors started the seeds some did not germinate some were males he ended up with 3 females. He took a good male and breed the 3 females with it. He harvested the seed crop of three plants. He saved some pollen from the father. We all agreed that number 2 was the best we named them 1,2 and 3. Im growing a batch of #2 this summer and Ive sexed my plants to put out side and want to breed some more seeds, Would it be better for me to use the father male that my seeds came from or use some of the males from the present batch?
2nd question is Ive got some skunk #1 regular seeds and some Acapulco gold seeds I grew the Acapulco last year and love it. But im only able to find the Acapulco seeds in feminized seeds. Ive read that Acapulco gold is one of the parent strains along with Columbian gold and a mexican weed of Skunk #1. What would be the outcome of breeding a male skunk #1 back into the Acapulco Gold? Any thoughts on either of these 2 questions. I remember the Acapulco gold from the 60s and 70s and the seeds we get today are not the same it had a distinct flavor that must come from the native soil. Id like to get back to or closer to the original Acapulco gold.

One drop

One drop

Bush Doctor
Supporter
If the pollen has been kept dry and cool it might be viable and can be used but I would go for fresh pollen from male in your current run . regards OD.

cruzin

cruzin

Thanks for the response, I read somewheere that you can lock in things that you like by breeding with a parent. I dont know how true it is. But I really liked the #2 and wanted to lock in some of that goodness.

Top Bottom