Breeding Questions

• Thread starter andy107
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
A

andy107

Whats up everyone? I have a coupe questions about some seeds I have and also i guess a terminology question..My first question is I have 2 different crosses(pics below)wondering if anyone can give me any info on the BCHP x spacequeen cross or the company? I was also wondering which bubblegum was used for the raskal seeds. the 97? or the one from T.H.Seeds? As for my terminology question, its probably a noob question lol but what exactly is an s1?

If anyone else has any questions related to breeding or seeds and certain hybrids etc. Feel free to post them in here if you want..peace :rasta2:

Breeding questions
Breeding questions 2
D

d420

Premium Member
Supporter
Team canada is or used to be with subcool and team green avenger.. There spacequeen is good and was used in many crosses(Querkle, Dairy Queen, etc.). The bubblegum used in OGR gear is a super special 97 bubblegum that he got from capt. krip. I am pretty sure no more of those will be released from him because he has no more pollen.. (I think..) If I were you I would def. make some f2 of that purple gum.. The Juggernaut you have is supposed to be super high yielding, and I think the spacequeen is supposed to add flavor.

Venom818

Venom818

space queen was nothing special tasted amazing high was nothing to write home about the the scissor hash was amazing as well tasted like the bud

Tripsick

Tripsick

ok this is probably a dumb question but ill ask anyway.

So i assume males mature fast under 12/12 so they can pollinate flowers in the early stages and will continue to pollinate till it dies..

If i collect pollen and then wait for my females to finish flowering. Cut down all the finished buds like normal and leave all the tiny immature buds on the lower branches.. Dust them with saved pollen. Will they still produce viable seeds? Or will the plant die before it could finish?
Maybe i should just dust lower branches early on in flower and deal with a few random seeds.

I'm limited by plant count and would like nice flowers as well as a few seeds.

A

andy107

Thanks dude, good stuff there..lots to learn when it comes to breeding lol i think my brain is gonna explode! haha

xX Kid Twist Xx

xX Kid Twist Xx

Premium Member
Supporter

So i assume males mature fast under 12/12 so they can pollinate flowers in the early stages and will continue to pollinate till it dies..

If i collect pollen and then wait for my females to finish flowering. Cut down all the finished buds like normal and leave all the tiny immature buds on the lower branches.. Dust them with saved pollen. Will they still produce viable seeds? Or will the plant die before it could finish?
Maybe i should just dust lower branches early on in flower and deal with a few random seeds.

yes if you leave them they will finish the seeds. i have read articles were people have pollinated preflowers in veg under 24 hour light and the seeds finished

an S1 is just breed lingo of a fem seed to itself. so if i was to reverse say a green crack and then take that pollen and hit up another green crack clone it would be an Selfed 1st generation(S1)

A

andy107

an S1 is just breed lingo of a fem seed to itself. so if i was to reverse say a green crack and then take that pollen and hit up another green crack clone it would be an Selfed 1st generation(S1)

Thanks twist! im really tryin to get into this breeding thing more and more but it can get confusing!

crom

crom

Cannobi Genetics
Supporter
Little Help?

Thanks twist! I'm really trying to get into this breeding thing more and more but it can get confusing!

I HIGHly recommend reading and owning these two books for a better in depth understanding of cannabis breeding:

R.C. Clarke's "Marijuana Botany"

&

Greg Green's "Cannabis Breeder's Bible"

I would also look into things like DJ Shorts "The Art of Selection and Breeding Fine Quality Cannabis", & any other books/articles or even textbooks on breeding plants(not just cannabis, it's all relevant).Books on the theory of cataloging will help too! I hope you enjoy this long, bumpy road, but in the long run it's all worth it. You can learn a lot about your plants this way too.

The best advise I can give is, take notes and document your plants, pictures help too if you snap some at different stages of growth to see what a certain plant looked like as a seedling for instance.
:icon_dizzy:

Best of luck to you.
Cheers,
Crom
:damnhippie:

Dirty White Boy

Dirty White Boy

Like Kidtwist said you can make seeds this way, but in my experience so far the seeds seem lower quality, more premature seeds, less full tiger striped seeds. Id recommended you just dust a few branches about 3 weeks into flower, use a small paint brush like alot of people do...i have in the past tried the putting a small lunch bag full of pollen over one arm of a plant, left the bag on for day, then sprayed the plant down with water before removing the sandwich bag, worked very well, had almost no overlap onto other buds.

crom

crom

Cannobi Genetics
Supporter
Pay it forward...

Hell yea man, thanks!!

That's what the Farm is all about to me. It's like a take a penny give a penny tray, You take what you need when you need it, and you leave what you can when you can.:party0023:

K

keebzy

Premium Member
Supporter
That's what the Farm is all about to me. It's like a take a penny give a penny tray, You take what you need when you need it, and you leave what you can when you can.:party0023:
you got that right!

xX Kid Twist Xx

xX Kid Twist Xx

Premium Member
Supporter
yes sir dirty white boy. you will get some seed but its the lower buds so there isnt much on them to begin with. make sure you tie a string around the branch of any buds you pollenate if you are doing a controled pollenation so it will be easy to find the seeds later. it can be a pain.

S

Skywalkin420

i was wondering what kind of lighting you would suggest for a little closet breeding project? right now i have chems sister cuttings i am thinking of crossing to a variety my buddies and i have had from maryland since 2008, mango diesel, originally there was 3 seeds all three were female seeds we kept the best one out of three it was revegitated and grown outdoors into a huge bush, now this male was found in a seed lot from the original plant kept out of the three and i have cuttings of a new female seed sprouted from the same lot i was gonna do a chems sisterx mango diesel cross and a mango diesel backcross in the closet, i was wondering what you guys would suggest would give me 90% success rate in lighting in a closet. t5's? or would that not be enough light?

A

andy107

i was wondering what kind of lighting you would suggest for a little closet breeding project? right now i have chems sister cuttings i am thinking of crossing to a variety my buddies and i have had from maryland since 2008, mango diesel, originally there was 3 seeds all three were female seeds we kept the best one out of three it was revegitated and grown outdoors into a huge bush, now this male was found in a seed lot from the original plant kept out of the three and i have cuttings of a new female seed sprouted from the same lot i was gonna do a chems sisterx mango diesel cross and a mango diesel backcross in the closet, i was wondering what you guys would suggest would give me 90% success rate in lighting in a closet. t5's? or would that not be enough light?

How big of a closet are you working with?

crom

crom

Cannobi Genetics
Supporter
Hey Skywalkin420 I would figure out your square footage and just set up a "mini" grow room. I personally wouldn't go below a 250w HPS for the bean production but that's me. You want to supply your plants with a full spectrum nute solution so that they are not deprived of anything. Remember that your growing seed not weed this run. I always do backwards planning when it comes to breeding projects. First figure out your goal, which you seem to have, then figure out how to get to that point. You don't want to skimp on anything just because it's a seed run not a bud run. Though I have still vaped buds that were de-seeded for there are still glands to be had. You can also do an ice hash run with the material after dry/cure/harvesting your seeds.

I guess before I fill your thread with letters I'll stop here.lol

Top Bottom