Breeding seeds under 18/6

• Thread starter DireGrimm
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
DireGrimm

DireGrimm

Hi everyone. So I have created Fem pollen and dusted my whole grow room. Question is can I now place them back under 18-6 or 24 and in 6 or so weeks have mature seeds? My room is hitting extream temps and I'm in it for the seeds not the buds. Read some post of people saying g they only do it this way but can't tell if they are trolls or not.

They all have started showing swelling and some tiny green tips poking from the flowers.

Dr.Green55

Dr.Green55

Sure you can, once you know your plants have taken pollination, the pistils will curl up etc , you can go back to 18-6, you will get better overall seeds, germ. rates etc. if you buy seeds from different breeders chances are you already grew seeds made that way. you still have to control your environment though.

Buzzzz

Buzzzz

Hi everyone. So I have created Fem pollen and dusted my whole grow room. Question is can I now place them back under 18-6 or 24 and in 6 or so weeks have mature seeds? My room is hitting extream temps and I'm in it for the seeds not the buds. Read some post of people saying g they only do it this way but can't tell if they are trolls or not.

They all have started showing swelling and some tiny green tips poking from the flowers.
I take it they were at 12/12 for pollination.What is the reasoning for doing this? You could put them under 10 hours and get seeds faster. What am I missing?

Dr.Green55

Dr.Green55

I take it they were at 12/12 for pollination.What is the reasoning for doing this? You could put them under 10 hours and get seeds faster. What am I missing?
Yes 12/12 for first 30 days + or - a few, depends on when strain is ready , then pollinate, once you know it took you can go back to 18/6, for remainder of grow, generally bigger harder seeds, better germ rates and more vigorous plants when grown, and seeds are ready up to 2 + weeks faster. Nothing is absolute though you still need to maintain a proper environment.

Buzzzz

Buzzzz

Yes 12/12 for first 30 days + or - a few, depends on when strain is ready , then pollinate, once you know it took you can go back to 18/6, for remainder of grow, generally bigger harder seeds, better germ rates and more vigorous plants when grown, and seeds are ready up to 2 + weeks faster. Nothing is absolute though you still need to maintain a proper environment.
Thanks for the reply.

Buzzzz

Buzzzz

I just assumed less light duration would make the plant "think" the season was coming to an end and therefore it would make seed as fast as it could. I have never heard of it,it's interesting.

DireGrimm

DireGrimm

Yeah it was a different platform but he said he pollenates them when they are ready then throws them back on 18/6 and he said he went from 90% viable seeds to 100% meaning fully mature keepers.

Top Bottom