Breeding stinky bud, skunk or other.

• Thread starter DrToboggan
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
D

DrToboggan

Hi everyone,

New to the forum, and long time lurker. I’ve been inspired to grow by legalization and the lack of stinky pot where I am.

I miss the skunky loud stuff I had as a kid, and am tired of the goofy fruity polyhybrids being sold “premium” seeds.

My long term goal is to find something skunky for me and my friends. I’ve got seeds coming from a few places, and I hope to sort through them and pick out the most promising genes.

In the meantime I have some Thousand Oaks F5 seedlings in veg along with a GH Cheese. My plan here is to pick the stinkiest male and produce some F6 seeds for future projects, and see if I can get any funk from Cheese x Thousand Oaks.

So far I’m about 5 weeks in and the plants are looking good. The two larger ones started about a week before the rest and are beginning to show sex. One looks 100% female, and the other I’m not to sure yet. The plants themselves have a sort of rubber smell to them, and the leaf/stem rub is a weird sort of sickly sweet smell that lingers.

Plants are in a reused mix of peat, perlite, worm castings, rice hulls, and fermented soybean meal+ crab meal. Water is regular old tap pH to 5.5 with 2g of potassium polyaspartate per gallon.

Here they are (yes my tent is dirty). I’ll update this as they progress!
Breeding stinky bud skunk or other

growsince79

growsince79

Hi everyone,

New to the forum, and long time lurker. I’ve been inspired to grow by legalization and the lack of stinky pot where I am.

I miss the skunky loud stuff I had as a kid, and am tired of the goofy fruity polyhybrids being sold “premium” seeds.

My long term goal is to find something skunky for me and my friends. I’ve got seeds coming from a few places, and I hope to sort through them and pick out the most promising genes.

In the meantime I have some Thousand Oaks F5 seedlings in veg along with a GH Cheese. My plan here is to pick the stinkiest male and produce some F6 seeds for future projects, and see if I can get any funk from Cheese x Thousand Oaks.

So far I’m about 5 weeks in and the plants are looking good. The two larger ones started about a week before the rest and are beginning to show sex. One looks 100% female, and the other I’m not to sure yet. The plants themselves have a sort of rubber smell to them, and the leaf/stem rub is a weird sort of sickly sweet smell that lingers.

Plants are in a reused mix of peat, perlite, worm castings, rice hulls, and fermented soybean meal+ crab meal. Water is regular old tap pH to 5.5 with 2g of potassium polyaspartate per gallon.

Here they are (yes my tent is dirty). I’ll update this as they progress!
View attachment 1306191
Welcome aboard. I'm also working on stinky strains. So far the skunk terp is appearing in about half of the newest seeds.

D

DrToboggan

Welcome , and good luck I think there’s been trend of thousands of seeds popped lookin for that rks - if it’s out there no one is claiming it. Lol
Yeah, I’ve never even had the mythical “rks”. At this point I just want something skunky, it’s doesn’t have to attract vultures from 3 miles away.

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Thank you!

What genetics are you running?
I've 2 strains that claim to be skunky both at 2 weeks into flower a Biscotti Skunk & Alaska Thunderfuck , nothing yet but I've a blend of other strains giving me a potpourri of scents from flowers at 7 weeks and nothing stands out yet . Small buds have appeared so it shouldn't be too long before I'll know if these 2 may qualify for what you're looking for.

D

DrToboggan

I've 2 strains that claim to be skunky both at 2 weeks into flower a Biscotti Skunk & Alaska Thunderfuck , nothing yet but I've a blend of other strains giving me a potpourri of scents from flowers at 7 weeks and nothing stands out yet . Small buds have appeared so it shouldn't be too long before I'll know if these 2 may qualify for what you're looking for.
Very cool! Glad to see others are at it as well. Let me know if you find anything good, I’ve head Alaska Thunderfuck can be skunky.

I’ll keep this thread updates as I go along, and let everyone know what I find. Once my plants all pre flower, I’ll flip them into full flower .

D

DrToboggan

Little update here.

The plants have responded well to transplant and are growing nicely. The two larger Thousand Oaks are showing sex. One male and one female. The stem rub is funky for both, and hard to describe. Sort of sickly sweet with a funky element. The male in particular has an added stank to it, not quite skunk, but potent and lingering.

I’m waiting for the smaller plants to mature before switching to flower, I’m thinking another week or two. No training, but I have removed fan leafs to encourage branch growth.

I’ve also got the water system set up, but I need to find a tray. Can anyone recommend a good place to source a 3’x’3 tray without paying an arm and leg?

Overall happy with the plants, even though they are only F5, the plant growth seems pretty consistent.
5F0225E0 7A53 4F73 AADF D0CE1C2B3489

D

DrToboggan

overdue update:

Only 2 of the Thousand Oaks turned out to be female. Both are similar in smell, but differ slightly in vigor and nutrient sensitivity. Of the males, there was one absolute stinker that was cloned for pollen collection.

In the meantime I popped various “skunk” seeds to add to the search:

Maruf Black
I_GROW_SKUNK skunk and 70s afghan
Oldschoolchronic Kentucky Red Hair skunk F2

Seedlings were grown in solo cups, and neglected. Clones were taken from each plant and they were flipped to flower about 10 days ago. For each strain all males were removed from the tent, and the best male was kept to keep the lines pure. It’s to early to draw many conclusions, but here are some notes:

Maruf Black- clearly a pure indica. Huge beautiful leaves, doesn’t need many nutrients. Aroma is nice on the rub, but not too distinct yet.

I_GROW_SKUNK - only only female that is just starting to throw pistils. To early to tell, but promising stem rub.

Oldschoolchronic kys f2 - three females from lot. Very different phenos. One is an auto and not particularly interesting. The other has a very bizarre structure, stem rub is sort of peppery and earthy. The third is a normal looking plant, and has a nice stem rub so far.

I’m very excited to see how flowering progresses. I had some pH issues so the plants aren’t the healthiest. But this run was more about identifying plants for seeds, so it’s okay in my book.
7B4F8FFC 3F13 4E7C 90A7 A58C324BD7BD

Top Bottom