Breeding/When to release the pollen?

• Thread starter ODanksta
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
O

ODanksta

I am trying to start breeding, I have a room for the males under 12/12 females are 2nd week of flower the females are Jack Herer and Comrade x blue apollo.. Males have been in flower as long as the females but do I need to wait until the males start to produce large clusters of pollen sacs or is the pollen as good off the earlier sacs.. I know this is a stupid question, but I don't want to fuck all my buds up my releasing the pollin at the wrong time. and how do I store the pollen and how long does it last?

homebrew420

homebrew420

To fully mature seeds take about 4wks, sometimes longer. so just make sure that you give yourself the allotted time. The pollen can be stored in a glass vile in the freezer. You what that stuff as dru as can been. moistier is the enemy. Can be kept a few years I think. use a qtip if you want to be mre selective. Dj short says you can cut it with flower, though I don't remeber the ratio. Hope that helps.

Peace

xX Kid Twist Xx

xX Kid Twist Xx

Premium Member
Supporter
if the females are 2 weeks in you should get a decent amount of seeds. i usually start the female 2 weeks before the male. i have yet to see any difference with early or late pollen if its dropping pollen now with in 4-6 days almost all the sacs should be open. if you want to still get some smoke collect the pollen in the other room then pollinate the lower branches of your females. that way you can still harvest your top colas for smoke. you will get a little stray pollen up top but should still get some smokable bud. seeds will take anywhere from 30-40 days to mature from pollination. you will know it worked cuz the pistils will brown and shrivel up. and if you just want alot of seeds take the males and just shake them over the females.

these are just some rough numbers but if you have a female with 1-5 days veg time,and a 1-2 weeks head start on the male and seed the whole plant you will end up with roughly100-200 seeds per plant depending on its size and bud sites.

F

fishcabo

You might want to wait 3-4 weeks into flower because there will be many more budding sites at that time. Assuming you have your males in another area, shake them into small brown bag when they are starting to release pollen. Carefully take that bag and slide it over a bud on one of the female plants. Shake well. Carefully remove the bag and put some kind of tag on the female branch. As you begin to harvest, make sure that the seeds are appearing out of the flower bracts and they are brown. If not, leave that branch on another week until they are. Hop that helps.

O

ODanksta

alright I will try this, but one of my questions is can I take one plant out of the flower room and throw pollen on it then stick it back into the flower room without it spreading to all the other plants, Which I have plenty of room where none of the plants are touching each other.. And I also have 3 rooms and 1 large closet, all used just for growing these plants that we all love so much, the only problem is I don't have enough plants to fill it up like I want.. I use the closet for seeds and clones, one large veg (12 x 12 ) room and large flower room 10 x 12, and a room just for the males which 10 x 12, which will sooner then later be converted to a second flower once I have enough plants.. here is link to my grow

O

ODanksta

So think that would work? yeah I have two rooms that are under 12/12...one for males one for females.

one more question a very stupid one at that..

Now lets say I have a large plant and I have two different types of pollen, Now can I mark a branch on one side of the plant and give it pollen type 1 and on the the other side of the same plant type 2 with out fucking them up? Lol i said it was stupid question.....

i would hit the desired plant wait a few days then mist it with some water then put it back in to not cross contaminate the other plants

O

ODanksta

Ok do I want to use my strongest, fastest growing plant for the breeding or would a slower grower produce the same outcome in the after product of the seeds when all the plants(females) are the same pheno because they are all from clone...

Top Bottom