brewing alcohol for c02?

• Thread starter greenthumb
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
G

greenthumb

i was wanting to enrich my tent with c02 produced by the fermentation of alcohol that way the temps wont rise too much because of the burners on the generators and bottled c02 can be dangerous so brewing is the best option for me.
my tent is a budbox titan 2x2x2meters with 3x600w hps/airconditioner/dehumidifier/16"-12"-10" oscilating fans/150rvk with matching carbon filter/125rvk with carbon filter it is sealed with no intake or outtake.
how much would i have to brew to produce enough c02 to make it worth while?

thanks

G

greenthumb

due to yearly gas inspection had to take it down and while its down my landlord(my dad)is going to replace old drafty window with new double glazing so its going to be down for a while.sorry but will put pics up when its set up again ok.
but because of the air conditioner the temps are kept within 5%of 21c lights off because of central heating in room and 28c lights on.
the dehumidifier keeps the humidty at 40-45%.its so much more controlable plus the water both make is shit hot for the plants as it has no flouride or anything in it just pure water!
i got the idea from watching urban grower on youtube remo calls it the perfect room!
the rvks with the carbon filters are constantly cleaning the air of smells plus the tent only leaks smells when opened like it would do anyway.
trust me its shit hot ive had it set up in the front room just 10foot away from main road with loads of people walking by allday everyday and not a bit of attention at all it took ages to get everything sorted .
now everything else is dailed in =nutes/enviroment/coco mix its time to start using c02 plus i can get pissed every 2 weeks for free

K

kansasgrown

Unfortunately you would probably need to run at least 4-8 5 gallon batches of beer continuously for you to get any appreciable amount of CO2 for that size of a grown tent. 20-40 gallons of beer every 2 weeks.....seems like a party to me!

G

greenthumb

oh well im just goin to have to get a gas generator then

B

boxmunch9

brewing makes C02, it will provide enough to keep the plants alive but unless you have a monitor you could be giving them less PPM than regualr outdoor air or so many that its nearly killing them, invest in a tank and a monitor if you want to see the benifits from the sealed room. tanks are very safe and with such a small space sealed it will last you a while

S

SnowCap

How about a candle?? make sure it won't catch anything on fire put it in a large coffee can, cheap and plenty of CO2 without having to brew any beer.

D

darookie2000

I got an aquarium CO2 generator (for planted tanks) that's basically a bottle with yeast and some sort of stabilizer. It's supposed to last for 30 days, but I think my first bottle was too tight and just ended up smelling like sulfur. I haven't used pucks, but those seem like a lot less mess.

Top Bottom