Votes: 20 50.0%
  • no

Votes: 5 12.5%
  • Not sure I understand brix levels

Votes: 15 37.5%

• Total voters
MidwestToker

MidwestToker

I would have to agree as I have found that as you said purps are pretty with awesome bag appeal at times the purps can lack in potency when compared to the greener phenos from the same runs. Seems the greens always dominate in the potency side. Would be nice to know and understand why that would be......???
Part of my theories lies with the extra carbon atoms that are needed to produce anthocyanins from the glucose side or that the anthocyanins themself required glucose side demands actually take away from the plant required sugars for normal production.

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
Part of my theories lies with the extra carbon atoms that are needed to produce anthocyanins from the glucose side or that the anthocyanins themself required glucose side demands actually take away from the plant required sugars for normal production.
very kool theory. Makes sense from my house!!!

M

MamaBear

I believe it's cuz the plant is spending energy making color instead of using it for other things. I've had plenty of purple plants but YES, they are still lacking. My greens (and mostly greens) always dominate too. I'm working on it though!

DGP

DGP

What should brix levels be in veg? Do I have to take (sacrifice) top growth to get an accurate reading.

When I take a reading on a fan leaf I get only 3% is this bad?

Thanks,

Dee

MidwestToker

MidwestToker

What should brix levels be in veg? Do I have to take (sacrifice) top growth to get an accurate reading.

When I take a reading on a fan leaf I get only 3% is this bad?

Thanks,

Dee
Would really depend on when you tested the sample. Sugar levels are lowest right before lights on as the plant has used it sugar stores during the dark cycle.

DGP

DGP

Thanks!

This was mid point in day. The plants are growing very fast and are a day or two from flip. Some of the leaves are almost chest size and have 9 leaflets. Growing in UC Hydro, 76F room, 67 water temp, 500ppm, 6.0ph, under COB LEDs at 22" high, 60W per sq. ft., 3000K.

Dee

MidwestToker

MidwestToker

Thanks!

This was mid point in day. The plants are growing very fast and are a day or two from flip. Some of the leaves are almost chest size and have 9 leaflets. Growing in UC Hydro, 76F room, 67 water temp, 500ppm, 6.0ph, under COB LEDs at 22" high, 60W per sq. ft., 3000K.

Dee
60 WSF of cobs ? Wow, I run 40 WSF of HID's and average between 1 to 1.4 gpw depending on strain growing at the moment.

L

Lurpin

Hey I read that article about the path to high brix and I'm not totally sure I'm following because I feel I'm doing everything it mentions in the article. I use GH flora in coco. I usually water about every other day because it also rains alot where I'm at (outdoor grow). My ppms are usually around 1000. I also use great white micro beneficials. My brix is at 11.5% and I'm wondering how to get it higher. Should I be using hi brix mollasses instead of the GH sweetener? Should I maybe be using some sort of enzyme with the great white? Just trying to figure out what I can do to bump my brix up higher.

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
Good to see this thread resurface after a few seconds. at the end of the day higher brix levels do lend to great smoke and maters and veggies as well.!!! :D Hey good to see you @MamaBear been a few. Hope your well.

Last edited:
RippedTorn

RippedTorn

Brix is the nutrion value of the plant. No one on the grow forums will tell you to just grow a healthier plant seems to hurt their business model of repackaged markups and garbage ferts. Better fertilizer sources = the best, most obvious path to take. Nitrogen from fermented proteins for example, vs nitrogen from a test tube.

Cark

Cark

Any tips on brix in hydroponics .? Anything witch in can add make a change ..thanks for the post too learning đź‘Ś

HiDaze

HiDaze

High brix content can result in pink/red hues of sap. Cool presentation to your buddies but no real advantage in your final product.

Top Bottom