Broad Mite?

• Thread starter Kushed85
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
K

Kushed85

Hey guys, found this lil bastard today. Is this a broad mite like I expect? Thanks!

K

Kushed85

20180207 152743

K

Kushed85

U won't see a broad mite unless you have a 400x scope. That's a spotted spider mite.
Hmm. These are smaller then standard spidermites and they havnt left any tell tale spider mite damage. Found these down low on the plant eating trichomes. I've also had weird phantom deficiencies for awhile. Also this picture was taken under magnification, this is the screen to my microscope.

Last edited:
GrowGod

GrowGod

BANNED!
Supporter
Hmm. These are smaller then standard spidermites and they havnt left any tell tale spider mite damage. Found these down low on the plant eating trichomes. I've also had weird phantom deficiencies for awhile. Also this picture was taken under magnification, this is the screen to my microscope.
How many X magnified is the pick?

K

Kushed85

Says 4x. You need to see tissue folds. That's how small they are.
Well the camera is on 4x then the microscope in manually zoomed in. It dosnt say the exact magnification. I would think it's 100x plus. I have spent more time then I'd like to admit looking at spider mites. This looked completely different.

K

Kushed85

This was also my worst crop yet. Alot of premature yellow leaves. Interveinal chlorsis, deformations brown spelling. And I have this going on in early veg.

20180206 165228
K

Kushed85

After looking a little closer I'm seeing that they are broad mites...bummer. there is a predator for it. Those leaf picks definitely say broadies.
Yea... the sec I saw them I thought to myself fuck broadmites. Just wanted a few others to see them also. Unfortunately I have been using predator mite sachets for every plant. Andersoni. I have plants showing symptoms and I can't for the life of me find any on them. Only one nug. I actually spotted them with my eyes. And looked further with the microscope. I do have super good eye sight up close.

K

Kushed85

Also what's strange is I can't find any eggs. I had broadmites about 4 years ago and I could spot egg sacs very quickly. Even on plants that I don't have any predators.

Dutchcity

Dutchcity

The best spray for conventional control is abamectin 1%. Really great and will knock them almost ly completely back with two applications 7 days apart.

Organically oil is the key to broad mite suppression, control. Use https://www.arbico-organics.com/pro...icide-fungicide-viricide/organic-insecticides.
Spray every 7-10 days. Avoid spraying past week 5 of flower. Keep distance from your lights 3+ feet and TEST TEST TEST. You dont want to burn them. 1-2%.

K

Kushed85

Those are the predators I have been using. I order them from arbico aswell. I've noticed all the predators hang out on my trays and on my roots. There's alot of them still crop out time but they only hang out down low. Thanks for all the info guys!

Dutchcity

Dutchcity

Those are the predators I have been using. I order them from arbico aswell. I've noticed all the predators hang out on my trays and on my roots. There's alot of them still crop out time but they only hang out down low. Thanks for all the info guys!
Are you using the satchels or the shaker bottles?

MiteSuck

MiteSuck

The best spray for conventional control is abamectin 1%. Really great and will knock them almost ly completely back with two applications 7 days apart.

Organically oil is the key to broad mite suppression, control. Use https://www.arbico-organics.com/pro...icide-fungicide-viricide/organic-insecticides.
Spray every 7-10 days. Avoid spraying past week 5 of flower. Keep distance from your lights 3+ feet and TEST TEST TEST. You dont want to burn them. 1-2%.
Great info. Old thread I know but I’m battling a really occurring mite issue. Using sulfur alibis as and cucumeris but really trying to research what works.

taxle

taxle

Google Polyphagotarsonemus latus. Read research papers about the bug. Most papers let you know everything you need to know about this evil little critter!

Screenshot 20210116 080836
Grapefruitroop

Grapefruitroop

Using sulfur alibis as and cucumeris but really trying to research what works.
Be careful cause sulfur kills all sorts of mites.....also the beneficial predators...not a good combo
Predators can be introduced as early as 3 days after an abamectin spray
Translaminar poisons are very helpful but of course only in veg and read very carefully the label, wear protection
I got em once....went the nuclear route then introduced predators....never seen again.
My situation was pretty bad cause it took time to understand what i was dealing with, if you are still in time you may try some less toxic remedy first...but have no experince with that.
The thing is, any type of contact poison is always not 100% successful cause , depend on the size of the grow it could be impossible to ensure 100%coverage without stumbling upon phytotoxicity....

Top Bottom