Broke A Hugh Branch Anything I Can Do?

• Thread starter Growin Grass
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Growin Grass

Growin Grass

I'm thirty days into flower and it would equate to about 1/4 oz maybe more, is there anything I can do to try and get it a little further down the road and then use it for butter or something?

DrFever

DrFever

well did it Rip off or was it still attached ??? in some way ???? If so then i would look for some Popsicle sticks or something like that, And then carefully place set branch in place , once in place use tape ,,,, Not the sticky side other side carefully rap around stem keeping it fairly snug, and going 2 - 3 inches past the damaged area once done do not rip tape yet
place sticks in place as the support then reverse the tape so its sticky side now
tape it ,, once done use string for support tieing it to actual stalk or stem then monitor it if you placed back in place you will notice in a day or so things resuming back to normal ,,,
But remember one thing its 50 /50 chance it will work but the plant ,, will convert its energy from producing to actual repair mode
So your dammed if you do Dammed if you don't

Growin Grass

Growin Grass

Yeah it broke completely off I gave it a clean cut and threw it in some dirt
I'll see what happens and cook with it
I also gave the plant a clean cut and dripped some beeswax on it

Tobor the 8th Man

Tobor the 8th Man

Supporter
Take it out of the dirt and clean and recut end. Then stick it in water and it will finish some. It might even get fatter if some mild ferts are in the water. I have done it with outdoor plants that didn't have time to finish. I cut them off and stuck them in buckets of water and put them near a window inside.

DrFever

DrFever

Take it out of the dirt and clean and recut end. Then stick it in water and it will finish some. It might even get fatter if some mild ferts are in the water. I have done it with outdoor plants that didn't have time to finish. I cut them off and stuck them in buckets of water and put them near a window inside.
Interesting i always thought once you cut a bud off a plant its dead and the drying process starts????
by putting it in water i think all your doing is pro longing the dehydration process cause even with nutrients in the water the stalk can not break it down to molecular form or how ever you wanna call it just like roses you buy at the store when you put them in water they do not grow anymore they may open up but the truth is there dead you just slowed down the process like
A cadaver have one in a cool place other at room temp although there both dead the cooler one will decompose slower

primordial

primordial

I have killed my fare share of plants and in my early days I would throw them In a corner to come back sometimes days even a week later to see them still spunky and perky but in ideal conditions sum males have even matured in a "dead" pile to open up sacs....I would agree that the broke off branch is dying but not necessarily dead, for instance take the importance of darkness at harvest, that is not just to prevent degradation of trichs but also to kill the plant (forced senescence) because it is very much still alive. In my most humble observation

primordial

primordial

I'm thirty days into flower and it would equate to about 1/4 oz maybe more, is there anything I can do to try and get it a little further down the road and then use it for butter or something?
Depends on your expectations as far as whether or not it's worth experimenting with the broken branch.

DrFever

DrFever

I there is a difference i think you talking about putting plants in darkness while its still attached to the root system now cut that plant stalk right at the soil off and put it in darkness go there 24 hrs later and tell me how the leafs are looking :) its dead same thing applies to cutting off a bud truth its Dead your just preserving it

Tobor the 8th Man

Tobor the 8th Man

Supporter
I only ever did water. I just wanted them to stay alive for a week or so to further trich progression. I didn't care if they got fatter. I was shooting from the hip about the ferts. The dr is right on that.

Plants don't die like animals. They linger.

Let's use day lilies as an example. My wife cuts a bunch of flower spikes. There might be 7 unopened flowers on a spike. They open up one a day, just like in the ground, until 7 days later the last one opens.

Cut flowers stay alive and open up over time for a week or so.

His branch is basically a cut flower. It only needs to stay alive for a couple weeks to go from clear to cloudy.

I routinely cut unopened male branches and put them in water to let them open and drop pollen.

Plus this is a last resort what do you have to lose broken off branch.

Tobor the 8th Man

Tobor the 8th Man

Supporter
Hey Growin Grass how did it all play out?

Did the branch live longer? Is it still alive?

Update please.

Growin Grass

Growin Grass

I took it out of the vase on the 31st so about ten days, pistils changed color a bit. Hard to say if the buds grew at all, wish I would have weighted it before and after. Sure got some tasty brownies out of it. Thanks

Top Bottom