Broken Timer Stayed on for 40 hours. Day 20 flower

• Thread starter Growguy1254
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Growguy1254

Growguy1254

Wasn't sure where to post this on the forums as its not really a plant issue. Basically I have a power monitor that tells me when lights are on and off in my veg and flower rooms. Well I checked it today and my power readings were almost double for the day before. Sure enough I went and checked my tent and the light was running. Lights come on 4pm off 4am. Today I checked at 8:30am and it was on meaning my plants have been on for roughly 40 hours straight. Do I leave the plants in darkness until 4pm today or wait an entire cycle to start it again. If I turn the lights on at 4pm they will only have 7 and a half hours of night. Or should I leave it 12 hours and turn lights on at 8:30pm or wait until 4pm the next day?

I understand its probably screwed and im guaranteed hermies.

Extra Info:
Tested timer on a charger and confirmed that it turns on fine just wont turn off. Checked settings everything was fine. Reset same issue so definitely not a random button press causing the issue.

Thanks in advanced

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Wasn't sure where to post this on the forums as its not really a plant issue. Basically I have a power monitor that tells me when lights are on and off in my veg and flower rooms. Well I checked it today and my power readings were almost double for the day before. Sure enough I went and checked my tent and the light was running. Lights come on 4pm off 4am. Today I checked at 8:30am and it was on meaning my plants have been on for roughly 40 hours straight. Do I leave the plants in darkness until 4pm today or wait an entire cycle to start it again. If I turn the lights on at 4pm they will only have 7 and a half hours of night. Or should I leave it 12 hours and turn lights on at 8:30pm or wait until 4pm the next day?

Extra Info:
Tested timer on a charger and confirmed that it turns on fine just wont turn off. Checked settings everything was fine. Reset same issue so definitely not a random button press causing the issue.

Thanks in advanced
They will likely reveg. Herms will deoend on the genetics. Count on adding a few weeks to a month to see regular growth. They will apprar to stall and show twisted funky growth for avout that period of time. Then the flower cycle will start again

Growguy1254

Growguy1254

They will likely reveg. Herms will deoend on the genetics. Count on adding a few weeks to a month to see regular growth. They will apprar to stall and show twisted funky growth for avout that period of time. Then the flower cycle will start again
So are you saying its best to just reveg them since its going to happen anyway and just flower them again when I get normal growth or fix the light cycle and just be prepared to see some reveg and expect flowering to take a few more weeks-month longer then usual?

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

So are you saying its best to just reveg them since its going to happen anyway and just flower them again when I get normal growth or fix the light cycle and just be prepared to see some reveg and expect flowering to take a few more weeks-month longer then usual?
Yup gotta get back to a proper light cycle and just don’t freak when your plants get a little funky.

How far along are they in flower? Pics?

Deadstill

Deadstill

I'm from the government, and I'm here to help.
Supporter
Some folks like to give them 24-36 hours of dark to "reset" the plants when a light timer fails in flower. I would just keep the light schedule the way it was before the mishap and keep going - if they reveg. then so be it, but no need to change things up at this point - they'll fix themselves.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Well imtgats a personal choice but id stick to 12/12 and just be prepared to see some funky stuff and stalling. Not at all the end if the world just gonna add time to the grow. On the bright side many report bugger buds but i have only taken clones from a flowering plant and revegged them to keep a pheno i liked

GreenMtnGuru

GreenMtnGuru

Some folks like to give them 24-36 hours of dark to "reset" the plants when a light timer fails in flower. I would just keep the light schedule the way it was before the mishap and keep going - if they reveg. then so be it, but no need to change things up at this point - they'll fix themselves.
This ^

Growguy1254

Growguy1254

So just turn them back on at 4pm giving them 7 and a half hours of dark and continue the light cycle as before? Or give them 12 hours from when I turned the light off this morning moving my light cycle to 8:30pm on 8:30am off?

Just wanting to be sure I set the new timer up correctly before making it worse

Growguy1254

Growguy1254

Thanks everyone set that all up now. Will try to remember to post some pictures and let you guys know how it goes and how ugly these girls get

Buzzzz

Buzzzz

Extra Info:

Thanks in advanced
JMO but I wouldn't think 40 hours are enough to change the hormones ,if that causes you hermies you have a very unstable strain. Again just an opinion but I've screwed my light cycles up and just fixed the issue and carried on with no ill effects.

Growguy1254

Growguy1254

What kinda timer?
$10 digital timer hahaha. Had it going for the last year and a half it was due for a replacement just my lazy ass would rather wait till it screws out and have a fun time trying to figure out fixing it 🙄

Growguy1254

Growguy1254

JMO but I wouldn't think 40 hours are enough to change the hormones ,if that causes you hermies you have a very unstable strain. Again just an opinion but I've screwed my light cycles up and just fixed the issue and carried on with no ill effects.
I've got 2 strains in there. 1 has never shown nannas or had seeds. The other however I always have issues with nannas so its gonna be extra fun this grow!

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

$10 digital timer hahaha. Had it going for the last year and a half it was due for a replacement just my lazy ass would rather wait till it screws out and have a fun time trying to figure out fixing it 🙄
I hooe you unplugged it first or this is about to get a lot more electrifying lol

Top Bottom