Bronze/gold leaf edges. Deficiency?

• Thread starter RGWD0202
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
R

RGWD0202

Im about 2 weeks from harvest so I am too late in the process to attempt to correct anything but wondering if anyone has seen this and what I would do to fix it if i see it the future and have the time to correct.

I believe I had a magnesium and phosphorus deficiency, which I treated last week and gave a light feeding 2 days ago. Now one set of leaves has this bronze/gold coloring in the leaf, just noticed it this morning and was not there yesterday. I’m closing in on harvesting so I don’t want to provide any nutes or do too much to correct it but wondering if it’s maybe a calcium deficiency or if it’s just healing from the mag/P deficiency I treated last week. Just trying to learn so I know what I’m looking at in the future…

Bronzegold leaf edges deficiency
budsofgeorgia

budsofgeorgia

could be just a natural fade from the plant coming to the end of life

LoveGrowingIt

LoveGrowingIt

Supporter
@RGWD0202 - I think you are right. There could be some light burn, too. Have you thought about reducing the light? I don't think it's calcium deficiency. It could be a lingering effect from the Mg & P deficiencies. There could be some senescence involved, as well.

cannafarmer420

cannafarmer420

I ♥ fat colas
Supporter
@RGWD0202 - I think you are right. There could be some light burn, too. Have you thought about reducing the light? I don't think it's calcium deficiency. It could be a lingering effect from the Mg & P deficiencies. There could be some senescence involved, as well.
I would leave it alone

R

RGWD0202

Thanks for the response. No, my light is at the top of the tent, unfortunately I had to remove my Scrog and wasn’t able to bring my branches down without snapping or splitting the main stalk… the top buds are only 3 inches from my light, but I did move the plant so the top isn’t directly under it but now I can’t reduce the light anymore or anything below the tops won’t get enough light… it’s been a fun balancing act.

LoveGrowingIt

LoveGrowingIt

Supporter
Thanks for the response. No, my light is at the top of the tent, unfortunately I had to remove my Scrog and wasn’t able to bring my branches down without snapping or splitting the main stalk… the top buds are only 3 inches from my light, but I did move the plant so the top isn’t directly under it but now I can’t reduce the light anymore or anything below the tops won’t get enough light… it’s been a fun balancing act.
I've grown into the light, too. Maybe most of us have. The weed was good anyway.

That was my plan this go, but if I see it again would like to know what caused it so I can fix it if I can. I appreciate it!
You probably won't see the same problem again because you've learned and fixed things during this grow. I suppose we growers live somewhere between preventing and fixing problems. Just focus on making each grow better.

cannafarmer420

cannafarmer420

I ♥ fat colas
Supporter
That's often best, at least until sure about what needs to be done, if anything.
With 2 weeks left, I would let it run its course, if it was halfway done, then I would probably address it if necessary. That's just me though 🤷‍♂️. There are many ways to grow the dank ✌

Latest posts

Top Bottom